Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 12:34   #1
BHPian

Bolero prices being revised.

Hi Guys,

For the past few days if you visit the Bolero website and click on the prices tab it shows that the prices are being revised. The prices of all variants seem to be under revision except for SLE.

Hope and pray to see a downward revision for the VLX
Old 25th April 2011, 14:25   #2
xPK
BHPian

Re: Bolero prices being revised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Hope and pray to see a downward revision for the VLX
I will definitely pray but won't hope, reason being, they have already hiked Scorpio prices by 10k (for SLe) to 50k (VLX 4x4 with airbags) couple of week back. So revision most likely to be northbound.
Old 25th April 2011, 14:32   #3
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...de-mkii-5.html

Mile Cruncher writes on the above thread: "Believe me, time is running out to buy the Storm. So you better hurry else you might miss it!
Also remember the acceleration of Storm is much better than all the Scorps making it a really fast vehicle to have."

So I guess there is a change in the Bolero family so prices are being held back for now.
Old 25th April 2011, 14:42   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Bolero price will certainly go up. Scorpio has registered a 60K increase from 1465 to 1530 on road bangalore for the top end Bs4 with 4WD and airbags, abs etc.

But the funny thing is their prices are already quite high, given the types of vehicles that they are and yet they keep increasing prices!!

While the Bolero VLX acceleration etc may be good, I personally would be deeply worried about one's stopping power - despite their having bolstered the brakes they still arent providing discs in front and rear and nor are they providing ABS - unless of course they are planning to introduce these things now along with a price revision.

End of the day, VLX nomenclature or not, it is still a pretty crude beast. I like it a lot because I ve got a soft corner for these vehicles but I wont put my money down to buy one now because M&M havent really bothered about making the necessary upgrades to quality, fit and finish, for what is after all almost an 8 odd lac rupee vehicle on road Bangalore!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 14:48   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

despite their having bolstered the brakes they still aren't providing discs in front and rear and nor are they providing ABS -

I didn't know that the Bolero don't have Disc brake in front.
Forget about the rear disc, They should provide front as disc brake.
Old 25th April 2011, 14:49   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post

I didn't know that the Bolero don't have Disc brake in front.
It has. I think shankar.balan meant discs at the rear.
Old 25th April 2011, 15:04   #7
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

sorry guys I should have stressed on the "and" - yes the Bolero has discs in front. I think it needs discs at rear also PLUS ABS and other safety kit.
It is in its VLX avatar, an extremely powerful vehicle - but god forbid if one prangs it at speed, then I wouldnt bet much in terms of ones body and limbs and so on remaining intact after such a prang. End of the day, it is still a crude beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
It has. I think shankar.balan meant discs at the rear.
Old 25th April 2011, 15:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 25th April 2011 at 17:22.
bluevolt is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th April 2011, 16:16   #9
BHPian

This badly needs ABS at the least.

My Slx, I had skid twice recently during the rains at nominal speeds. During the rains the brakes become very sensitive and just a touch, the vehicle responds. Just imagine travelling on a highway at 100kmph during the rains and you have to break suddenly.... This is very heavy vehicle and not so easy to control when it skids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
sorry guys I should have stressed on the "and" - yes the Bolero has discs in front. I think it needs discs at rear also PLUS ABS and other safety kit.
It is in its VLX avatar, an extremely powerful vehicle - but god forbid if one prangs it at speed, then I wouldnt bet much in terms of ones body and limbs and so on remaining intact after such a prang. End of the day, it is still a crude beast.
Old 25th April 2011, 16:25   #10
BANNED

Yeah keep increasing prices by lowering the value of the product. They are going to kill the golden goose soon, they should be preening her feathers instead.
Old 25th April 2011, 17:16   #11
BHPian

When they can give makeovers to the Scorpio every 2yrs which sells around 3.5k units p/m, why cant they do the same to Bolero which sells 8k units per mnth ? Am sure with better interiors, ABS and optional 4x4, Bolero would have been sold atleast 1k more than the current numbers. Without any upgrades/refresh, if they are pricing Bolero anything upwards of the existing prices, It will be a perfect recipe for the murder.

Last edited by 2500cc : 25th April 2011 at 17:17.
Old 25th April 2011, 17:57   #12
BHPian

Hi
Why change something when its working fine. Bolero is doing 8000 units per month and has strong following so i doubt mahindra would change anything in it. More than the interiors i would prefer safety improvements in the vehicle. I am positive that the vehicles prices will be increased and still there are not many vehicles for competing in the same price range. Cheers
Old 26th April 2011, 20:01   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
More than the interiors i would prefer safety improvements in the vehicle.
I hope you don't mean the ubiquitous "Airbags" suggestion? Remember, airbags won't make much difference to a vehicle that is structurally unsafe. The Bolero is an ancient body-on-frame, designed at a time when a loud horn was the only safety feature you could ask for. I can tell you, nothing can be done to bring it to current safety standards. If Mahindra wants to, they have to start building a new platform from scratch.
Old 26th April 2011, 20:20   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
When they can give makeovers to the Scorpio every 2yrs which sells around 3.5k units p/m, why cant they do the same to Bolero which sells 8k units per mnth ? Am sure with better interiors, ABS and optional 4x4, Bolero would have been sold atleast 1k more than the current numbers. Without any upgrades/refresh, if they are pricing Bolero anything upwards of the existing prices, It will be a perfect recipe for the murder.
Absolutely spot-on. Bolero is crying for attention from Mahindra. Since the product is doing great in sales, Mahindra has completely abandoned it except for the odd facelifts (rabbit grille, do you remember?). Comeon Mahindra, spruce up your high-selling beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I hope you don't mean the ubiquitous "Airbags" suggestion? Remember, airbags won't make much difference to a vehicle that is structurally unsafe. The Bolero is an ancient body-on-frame, designed at a time when a loud horn was the only safety feature you could ask for. I can tell you, nothing can be done to bring it to current safety standards. If Mahindra wants to, they have to start building a new platform from scratch.
Though what you say is really true, I highly doubt Mahindra will do that. The most that we can expect Mahindra to do is to spruce up the interiors of the Bolero and add some basic safety features like all 4 disc brakes, ABS, etc.
Old 27th April 2011, 13:40   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Bolero is an ancient body-on-frame, designed at a time when a loud horn was the only safety feature you could ask for.
The body on frame design cannot be used to incorporate safety features?

Almost all vehicles in the Bolero category sold in India come in this configuration. Eg. Safari, Endeavour, etc.

All these are risky designs?

I think the Bolero platform is robust and has a lot that can be improved on it.

A new platform would make it out of league of the clientele it serves.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks