One is verna other is elantra.
IMHO new elantra is a good buy if ex showroom is 9L for diesel
Old 23rd January 2006, 12:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
One is verna other is elantra.
IMHO new elantra is a good buy if ex showroom is 9L for diesel
You're making a purchase decision based on two masked cars of unknown origin?
Old 23rd January 2006, 12:22   #18
BHPian

i agree with you steeroid, guys let the cars come out officially before we do any more discussions. You never know they might never make it to indian shores, since the elantra never did well.
Old 23rd January 2006, 12:29   #19
Team-BHP Support

Nope, Even if I hadn't seen the pics, a new elantra at 9L prices for diesel would have been my purchase decision. I simply love the elantra, one of my fav cars. I like it almost half as much I like the safari
Old 23rd January 2006, 16:09   #20
BHPian

well well, finally theres a NEW elantra! yea, this one doesnt seem to have the "luxury" feel from outside, but if the interiors picture is right, then its lovely from inside. well, hoping they will get it with a crdi AUTOMATIC gearbox!
Old 23rd January 2006, 16:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
well well, finally theres a NEW elantra! yea, this one doesnt seem to have the "luxury" feel from outside, but if the interiors picture is right, then its lovely from inside. well, hoping they will get it with a crdi AUTOMATIC gearbox!
They would have been better off by giving it a more sporty feel rather than a luxury feel. In the Us college kids who cant afford other brand new cars buy the elantra and soup the hell out of it. Cause even the modification parts for this car are not very expensive, so they buy it stock and modify it.
Old 24th January 2006, 01:34   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

elantra is a superb car and only if hyundai can do something to the way it looks they will have a hotseller on their hands.
Old 24th January 2006, 15:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeman
Dude you forgot a important variable in this equation !!!

PRICE
The civic is being touted as 10+
skoda is 11+
corolla 9+
elantra 8 something (im talking of the petrol version) , that too fully loaded, and it packs quite a few features as well. I think its a good entry level luxury vehical.
Civic is a honda after all. Optra starts at 8+. The Elantra which you are talking about is the Base Petrol which is totally stripped without alloys and everything and even at that price nobody wishes to buy it. Reason : Brand, The Embera maybe better then the Accord but very few buy the Embera. Poor resale being the reason. The ride on the Optra is way better then the Elantra ( Elantra rides on 15inchers Optra on 14) Elantra doesnot give you a luxury car feel it looks like a bigger Accent. The petrol version is a drinker of fuel. FE = 7kmpl. Its a good vehicle but not luxury and what feature does it pack. Only TCS more then the competition nothing more.

Quote:
Personally i own a optra also but the ride on my elantra and looks are much better.
I am speechless.

P.S @ Redone - why is the Elantra jailed?
Old 25th January 2006, 12:37   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Civic is a honda after all. Optra starts at 8+. The Elantra which you are talking about is the Base Petrol which is totally stripped without alloys and everything and even at that price nobody wishes to buy it. Reason : Brand, The Embera maybe better then the Accord but very few buy the Embera. Poor resale being the reason. The ride on the Optra is way better then the Elantra ( Elantra rides on 15inchers Optra on 14) Elantra doesnot give you a luxury car feel it looks like a bigger Accent. The petrol version is a drinker of fuel. FE = 7kmpl. Its a good vehicle but not luxury and what feature does it pack. Only TCS more then the competition nothing more.

I am speechless.

P.S @ Redone - why is the Elantra jailed?
Well im sure you are speechless dude, but then its a matter of opinion right, u have your and i have mine. I prefer the elantra anyday u do not, i respect that !!

Re:- Price:- no i got mine fully loaded for that price and not the base one, i can scan my bill and show it to you

Re:- ride , dont think there is much of a difference in the ride of both the elantra and optra , i redrove them both and noticed not much difference

Re:- Luxury car feel, you are true on that front and like i said earlier it should have been given a more sporty feel than luxury..... . However i never felt that the optra did either.....

Re:- re sale of cars, it is a very subjective discussion and i can tell you about hondas which sold for peanuts too.........so i really dont want to get into that discussion..
Old 25th January 2006, 12:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well im sure you are speechless dude, but then its a matter of opinion right, u have your and i have mine. I prefer the elantra anyday u do not, i respect that !!

Re:- Price:- no i got mine fully loaded for that price and not the base one, i can scan my bill and show it to you

Re:- ride , dont think there is much of a difference in the ride of both the elantra and optra , i redrove them both and noticed not much difference

Re:- Luxury car feel, you are true on that front and like i said earlier it should have been given a more sporty feel than luxury..... . However i never felt that the optra did either.....

Re:- re sale of cars, it is a very subjective discussion and i can tell you about hondas which sold for peanuts too.........so i really dont want to get into that discussion..
Buddy looks are deceptive its subjective but majority would vouch for the Optra and not the Elantra. I speak for the majority here.

Resale - Majorily Elantras and Sonatas are going cheap for peanuts.

Yeah there was a a one month offer with 2 Lacs discount for that price. They have cut it now and you can only get the base one at the price you got the loaded one, lucky you.

Optra is no way sporty its luxury. But sporty it can be..

Old 25th January 2006, 14:50   #26
BHPian

Actually mercedes also goes for peanuts, it depends what size the peanuts are!! Must give you that the optra does look good there.......but so does the elantra over here

And dude lets stop with this childish your car is better than mine stuff
Old 25th January 2006, 15:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And dude lets stop with this childish your car is better than mine stuff
You said it!

And that Elantra in the third picture looked pretty good...especially the mobile accessories.
Old 25th January 2006, 19:18   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Must give you that the optra does look good there.......but so does the elantra over here

Hey Hey,

I must say that i , PERSONALLY, have never ever liked the look of Elantra, but... this is one time I am saying that it must be the best Elantra i have come across, BUT its still ELANTRA!!!.

That my personal opinion and do respect others liking for the car.

Redcandle
Old 27th January 2006, 10:30   #29
BHPian

Well in the case of any modified car you do tend to like then 8 times out of ten because thats the whole point of modifying them, im trying to do the same to my elantra ...
Old 27th January 2006, 18:28   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well in the case of any modified car you do tend to like then 8 times out of ten because thats the whole point of modifying them, im trying to do the same to my elantra ...
Wish you all the best and hope you make something great

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks