Team-BHP - New Elantra in 2007??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Elantra in 2007?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/10020-new-elantra-2007-a.html)

Hi,

Hyundai is developing the new Elantra.... and quiet honestly they need to.

I, personally, just hate the looks of that car. Its like.............!!

But anyway, now that they are making a new one, would you think it would come here as soon as it is launched in '07?? I dont know if it would, but i really hope so!

[img=http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7650/10062trdpnqrampyeg2pd.jpg]

Thanx

The front end looks like the new Accent.

The first and third picture takes me to the imgaeshack home page.:confused:

Yikes, if Hyundai are going to design cars this way then there is going to be no competition in the D segment with Civic being a clear winner. This car will surely hit our shores in 2007 but what is this a accent?? This is an old design look at the Civic and thats modern.

Dunno why its taking so long. The Kia version (Sephia?) already came out last year.

What a design? It seems while other makers are making trendy cars, Hyudai has started looking towards history. Only the Sonata Embera looks good. If they have to keep the lead which they in small and C segment, and gain entry in C+, then they have to modernise.

RK

Elantra is the most practical luxury car arnd. Its very affordable and ASS is real good.

They better think of a nice appealing design if they want to improve their sales and faces the likes of Honda, Chevrolet, Toyota and Skoda....

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247
Elantra is the most practical luxury car arnd. Its very affordable and ASS is real good.

They better think of a nice appealing design if they want to improve their sales and faces the likes of Honda, Chevrolet, Toyota and Skoda....

I agree. It has got most VFM in C+ segment. But just because of its looks and a little bit of low rear seat, it is not selling much. Even they had to do a nose job on Accent to boost up the sales.

You can see the Exteem. MUL has been able to sell a old technology car by changing the looks and a little bit of interiors.

RK

i dis-agree with all of you. I think the elantra looks quite good in its current form, the earlier grille and lights were a bit sedate (Us version) but after they made the grille and lights in chrome, it really made it good looking.
old design

new design

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeman
i dis-agree with all of you. I think the elantra looks quite good in its current form, the earlier grille and lights were a bit sedate (Us version) but after they made the grille and lights in chrome, it really made it good looking.
old design

new design

Beeman i dont say the Elantra looks bad. But look at the comeptition the Optra on one side, the Corolla on the other and the octavia on the other, the Elantra is diving for cover and now with Civic on the verge to hit Indian shores God can only save Hyundai no one else can agree:

Dude you forgot a important variable in this equation !!!

PRICE
The civic is being touted as 10+
skoda is 11+
corolla 9+
elantra 8 something (im talking of the petrol version) , that too fully loaded, and it packs quite a few features as well. I think its a good entry level luxury vehical. Personally i own a optra also but the ride on my elantra and looks are much better.

Elantra was priced at arnd 11lacs when lauched in think. The reason they were giving HUGE discounts was just so that they could maybe get a few more sales.

Now the cars looks may not appeal to everyone, but then i see a lot more Skoda's, Optra's and Corolla's than the Elantra which kinda shows people are not too much into it...

You can check out spy pics of the new Elantra caught testing here:

The Car Connection

The one featured earlier on this thread seems more like the new Accent under wraps...

There are 2 separate cars. One has a rear quarter window and the other dosent!!