Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2011, 11:50   #106
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Logan, now known as the "Mahindra Verito" (Pics on Pg 4)

Atleast Mahindra made a proper comercial.
Old 20th May 2011, 18:13   #107
Senior - BHPian

Renault and Mahindra have only themselves to blam for under estimating the design sense of the Indian customer! And more so for over estimating the indian customer thinking that he will shell out 7-8 lakhs for a 90's looking car. Whatever Mahindra does now will be futile. They can name it Verito or what ever. The logan has found its place as a Taxi and nothing more. I say this with no offence to the car. The car is actually quite practical and has an excellent diesel unit. Mahindra and Renault just over priced by 1.5 lakhs and got the product killed.
Old 20th May 2011, 20:06   #108
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
Atleast Mahindra made a proper comercial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Renault and Mahindra have only themselves to blam for under estimating the design sense of the Indian customer! And more so for over estimating the indian customer thinking that he will shell out 7-8 lakhs for a 90's looking car. Whatever Mahindra does now will be futile. They can name it Verito or what ever. The logan has found its place as a Taxi and nothing more. I say this with no offence to the car. The car is actually quite practical and has an excellent diesel unit. Mahindra and Renault just over priced by 1.5 lakhs and got the product killed.
Saw one at Siresh Motors today, maybe the first lot to arrive.

Renault Logan was actually looking well built, but this one looked too cheap a product.

I agree with the awful pricing.....
Old 23rd May 2011, 09:11   #109
BHPian

Oh c'mon! Who wants to buy a petrol these days... even if so, of all choices a Logan Petrol???

I visited Shireesh Auto last weekend, the D6 indeed has ABS+Airbag and costs ~7.8L OTR after all discounts. The key aspects of this car is the space (comfortably seats 3 in rear), the turbo-lag-less engine and the "stay away - dont mess with me in traffic" sort of taxi look.

I'd say a very practical choice in a conjested city like Bangalore. I went there in my Swift, while waiting at a signal, an autorick almost took my left mirror (but thankfully tilting 90 degress the wrong way), if broken would have cost me Rs.1.5K but the same could have costed Rs. 5K if in all new Verna (with auto folding mirrors).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay387 View Post
Everybody here is talking about the looks only, have noticed even the top end model G4 doesn't have ABS + Airbag, only the top end Diesel D6 has it.

Attachment 540878

A huge let down !

Last edited by AirWind : 23rd May 2011 at 09:15.
Old 23rd May 2011, 09:22   #110
BANNED

Oh my god it looks horrid! Tacky and cheap is the word. I wouldn't even touch it with a barge pole.
Old 29th May 2011, 07:17   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
*Update

Some additional information added to the opening post.
Since Mahindra has decided to keep the wiper orientation the same ie LHD.
Can someone having knowledge about the production of car Please say, why would a company like to keep LHD Wiper on a RHD vehicle.

Team-BHPian Stratos any inputs here ? (Dad's Mahindra Kandivali Link)
Old 11th June 2011, 16:05   #112
BHPian

I took a TD of Verito last week and was impressed with it's performance. the LHD wiper takes some time getting used to. The logic of retaining it beats me as well.
Old 13th June 2011, 14:52   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone having knowledge about the production of car Please say, why would a company like to keep LHD Wiper on a RHD vehicle.
If you are changing the wiper orientation, you need to change the applique i.e. the windshield cowl trim and the associated sheet metal with it.

Renault would not have packaged the RHD wiper in the first place, due to which some investment would have been needed to apply them. As a management decision both parties would have overlooked this aspect.

Now that the JV is not applicable, changing the design becomes a matter of royalty & design patents. Hence, Renault would not be in agreement to most demands of M&M.
rajess_in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2011, 22:28   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajess_in View Post
If you are changing the wiper orientation, you need to change the applique i.e. the windshield cowl trim and the associated sheet metal with it.

Renault would not have packaged the RHD wiper in the first place, due to which some investment would have been needed to apply them. As a management decision both parties would have overlooked this aspect.

Now that the JV is not applicable, changing the design becomes a matter of royalty & design patents. Hence, Renault would not be in agreement to most demands of M&M.
With due respect to patents, I think fixing wiper orientation should be a no brainer. If the cosmetic changes that M&M has made on Verito did not become a matter of royalty, patents etc, how can this be subject to them?
Old 2nd July 2011, 14:21   #115
Senior - BHPian

The Verito Wiper has been changed the way it swishes. It now sports butterfly model - like the old Amby (upto Mark III), Tata Venture etc. Did not notice whether the stalk's location is changed.
Old 2nd July 2011, 15:59   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
The Verito Wiper has been changed the way it swishes. It now sports butterfly model - like the old Amby (upto Mark III), Tata Venture etc. Did not notice whether the stalk's location is changed.
Thats news, from where did you get to know this ? Pics would have been nice !
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:31   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats news, from where did you get to know this ? Pics would have been nice !
I saw a live specimen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajess_in View Post
If you are changing the wiper orientation, you need to change the applique i.e. the windshield cowl trim and the associated sheet metal with it.......
What about common sense? And how did it clear homologation tests? Arent there any specific tests/rules?

Last edited by Stratos : 4th July 2011 at 10:36.
Old 4th July 2011, 01:12   #118
BHPian

I've checked out Brand New Verito 1.5 dCi last week & even seen one brand New Verito yesterday, but it featured the same LHD configured Wipers.
Yes the Butterfly type operating system is there but its actually available from the Day1 of Logan's launch & its actually meant to alter the Sweeping style of Driver's side wiper only i.e: to make it l'll bit more suitable functionally to RHD Driving configuration. Nothing else.

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 4th July 2011 at 01:14.
Old 4th July 2011, 10:38   #119
BHPian

Quote:
I saw a live specimen.
Can you please elaborate ! May be you saw the Verito CS, the sub 4 meter car. Many of the car companies are going to launch under 4 meter sedan, check autocar july issue of more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Yes the Butterfly type operating system is there but its actually available from the Day1 of Logan's launch & its actually meant to alter the Sweeping style of Driver's side wiper only i.e: to make it l'll bit more suitable functionally to RHD Driving configuration. Nothing else.
Did you mean Butterfly type is available in logan or generally there car's are having butterfly system.
Old 4th July 2011, 10:54   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Verito Wiper has been changed the way it swishes. It now sports butterfly model - like the old Amby (upto Mark III), Tata Venture etc.
like this?

IMO the new logan still have the old type wipers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks