Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 20:18   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz F/L with 1.5 coming by June end

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Honda India is by no means a niche manufacturer and Jazz can't be termed as niche. What is the point of a niche product in a highly price-sensitive market, esp. in the sub-10lakh category?!

I don't think anyone has a problem with Jazz; except its price. People have realized it, when will Honda?!
You have the right to your opinion and I to mine.That said , sometimes a contrarian view to the generally held view can prove to be the proverbial dark horse. Allow me to add this is merely an exercise in idle pontification at best and I do not in any way suggest things are the way I think they are. I am just offering another p.o.v., no more no less.

Your contention is that why would anyone want to buy a hatch and not a sedan. My submission is there are some who well prefer a well engineered and well appointed hatch to an entry level sedan if we can get it in the same $$. For such people , including me, driving a sedan is not a statement of status, which is the way a vast segment of the marketplace views the hatch vs sedan issue.

WRT Honda not being a niche manufacturer - If anyone can spot an opportunity for making money by catering to a niche segment even though they are major players in other segments, it is very much in the realm of possibility, that they might try to optimise the use the infrastructure already in place, to make the extra buck by catering to the identified niche sgement.

Last edited by RS_DEL : 25th April 2011 at 20:23.
Old 25th April 2011, 20:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

And I was hoping Honda to bring a 1.0 or 1.1 liter with Honda Jazz and reduce its price by good margin. What they are trying to prove with such moves? I don't think there would be many takers for this fastest Indian hatch if it is going to launch.

PS - May be they are trying to make space for Honda Brio? Let’s see.

Last edited by bluevolt : 25th April 2011 at 20:21.
Old 25th April 2011, 20:41   #18
BHPian

Actually, I disagree.

I love the Jazz, its a brilliant car with marvelous interior space, while still being small on the outside. Factor in the huge boot, and this is one of the most practical cars ever.

The only reason I never liked it was the small engine.

Throw in the 1.5 i-Vtec and we have the ultimate hot hatch on our hands. Honestly, I'd love to buy the car if it gets the new engine.

Unfortunately, I do of course realize I am in a very small minority of the market, and objectively speaking, the new Jazz will probably flop.
Old 25th April 2011, 20:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Honda, you just solved the wrong problem! As impressed as I was with the Jazz when it was launched, the price was a simple loot! Now to make matters worse they have a higher priced variant? Very funny!
Old 25th April 2011, 21:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

So Honda is on track to mess up the Jazz again (once isn't enough ? )

The 1.2 is priced way up there and knowing Honda - I wouldn't be surprised if it hits the Rs 10L mark or maybe just a wee bit under 10L with that 1.5L mill under the hood.

Really I am at a loss understanding Honda's pricing policy - they take the excise exemption on the 1.2L engine and price the car in the stratosphere ?
Old 25th April 2011, 21:02   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

What is needed is to do a Fabia. Cut features and have some lower trims available at much cheaper prices which will make the buyers of other hatches to definitely look at this wonderful car.
What features can be cut? It anyway does not have many features, and if they cut any people still wont buy it. It is not VFM, and to make it VFM it needs a price cut.

But yes the 1.5l is a welcome move for us enthusiasts, but for the general public it just means worse mileage. Will hardly help sales much.
Old 25th April 2011, 21:08   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Only price cuts work (Logan & Fabia are recent examples of successful repositioning).
In Fabia they removed some features to cut down the prices but in Jazz what to remove to bring down the prices (although inflated) as it offers nothing.
Old 25th April 2011, 21:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Obviously, premium comes in at a premium and expect a price increase. Could this be a case of another "Chevrolet SRV"?.
Its not just the premium content but that the car now falls into a stiffer excise tax bracket.
Old 25th April 2011, 21:24   #24
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
Throw in the 1.5 i-Vtec and we have the ultimate hot hatch on our hands. Honestly, I'd love to buy the car if it gets the new engine.

Unfortunately, I do of course realize I am in a very small minority of the market, and objectively speaking, the new Jazz will probably flop.
Well said.

Friends, are we working for Honda? We cant even buy their shares, so why worry about their performance. So what if the 1.5 Jazz fails. It will be a nice hot hatch to have and drive around. Folks who are interested (with deep pockets) have a real nice opportunity to pick up an great car, which hopefully it will be.

Last edited by dot : 25th April 2011 at 21:25.
Old 25th April 2011, 21:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

LOL My TC'd Swift would smoke it ~ what is Honda thinking ? Just the straight "H" instead of the slanted one will not get them the numbers. Period

Cheers ??? Or maybe not this time
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 21:58   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

I read that Jazz is a very very nice car. And remember the OD guy saying that this car is "all about precision" !! And I guess this car was voted the best hatch among 8-10 rivals including the Ford / Suzukis and what not ! It would be nice if they really equip this car to the brim and with the new engine under the hood, raise very little premium and keep it in i20 range or slightly above it. Am 90% sure they will not do it. Rest 10%, i just keep wishing as its tax free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

PS - May be they are trying to make space for Honda Brio? Let’s see.
Brio is supposed to get the same 1.2L engine featured in Jazz - So they are trying to make a differentiation here.
Old 25th April 2011, 22:04   #27
BHPian

I feel Honda has a ego problem with reducing prices. Everyone is doing it and happy with results. I think that by reducing prices Honda feels that it will openly accept their failure to position the product in right place.

If they do not position Brio correctly they are doomed. just like Jazz.

As everyone accepts Jazz is a good product but not a under powered product. I have NHC and I have rarely felt it was underpowered then 13bhp more in almost same car is much better. Theres no use of 1.5 in Jazz and increasing a already out proportioned price

Last edited by drsnt : 25th April 2011 at 22:06.
Old 25th April 2011, 22:07   #28
BHPian

Wish they will add AT version this time for the Jazz.
Old 25th April 2011, 22:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Wish they will add AT version this time for the Jazz.
The move may well be a precursor to adding an AT version. Can you imagine the price of a 1.5L AT Jazz?
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 22:35   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
The move may well be a precursor to adding an AT version. Can you imagine the price of a 1.5L AT Jazz?
Dont want to even guess, maybe the good guys at honda could continue their good sense and introduce a 2 lt turbo charged motor and price it at 30 lakhs competing with the 3 series.

Seriously what are these guys thinking. It's a fantastic car, just reduce the price by a lakh
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks