Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2011, 15:59   #151
akp
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz F/L with 1.5 coming by June end

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
You know when you keep telling everyone loudly how happy you are, it means you are actually not happy deep inside. It means you are actually trying to mask your unhappiness. Sounds more like these guys are frustrated that Jazz hasn't been a commercial success nor is revered/worshipped or drooled over like they wanted their favorite car to be. This must be very frustrating to them. But I tell them this. Why should they need others' approval? You bought what you wanted. period. Be happy with it. You don't have to drive what others approve of. It's only a car. A consumer goods. Don't like it? Sell it off and go for another. As simple as that.
This thread is getting so hilarious!
While we are on the subject of happiness, I have come across a lot of people who say "I am happy"; I have also met a lot of people who say "I am unhappy". Now I have come across a third variety that says to others: "YOU are unhappy". I have to go figure who among these three is the unhappiest!

Last edited by akp : 30th April 2011 at 16:03.
akp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2011, 23:15   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
While we are on the subject of happiness, I have come across a lot of people who say "I am happy"; I have also met a lot of people who say "I am unhappy". Now I have come across a third variety that says to others: "YOU are unhappy". I have to go figure who among these three is the unhappiest!
@akp (sorry I couldn't resist myself from posting this)

-------------

Personally I like the Jazz, but anyway feels its a bit overpriced, hope HONDA does something about it and good to know Jazz is being launched with another version (so definitely Jazz is not going to be obsolete in India soon as many predicted).

Wishing all the best for a very good car !

Last edited by AvonA7 : 30th April 2011 at 23:17.
Old 30th April 2011, 23:24   #153
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
Great post. During the last few days the posts on this thread was going round and round. Now all I need to say is this, to light the fire again:
Jazz's rear looks like a suburban EMU.
And add the following garnish: Honda needs to do something about it.

Last edited by dot : 30th April 2011 at 23:25.
Old 1st May 2011, 00:31   #154
Senior - BHPian

I have always liked the looks of the Jazz and recently got a chance to drive it for some 10kms when I TD-ed it for a friend, who finally rejected it and settled for a Ritz-Zxi. His main reason was he did not see value in it for the price, inspite of the magic-seats, big boot etc. Affordability was not an issue because he could go till 10L (company lease) and the other cars checked out were Etios/Vento-D/Polo-D/Dzire/SX4-D/ANHC (Yeah, a strange mix, but I had fun TD-ing all those cars - my pick would have been the Vento).

The car was good to drive, though we found the K12B engine to be a tad better. But all of us know that the market has not rejected the Jazz due to the 1.2 motor. All it needs is a price-cut and you can see it flying off the showrooms. So, not sure what strategy Honda is following by upping the engine-size. Like some speculated, maybe they are making space for the Brio which will have the 1.2 inside.

Given that Honda is finally facing the heat, with all models losing out to competition (ANHC was the final cut, due to Vento and SX4), I doubt they would price the Jazz1.5 high, like most of us think. Instead, maybe they would sell it at existing prices, which would ensure that :
(1) existing owners don't feel cheated due to a price-cut
(2) target customers for Jazz would now see value in it with the engine same as ANHC
(3) and ofcourse the Brio can be positioned below existing Jazz price with the 1.2

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 1st May 2011 at 00:32.
Old 1st May 2011, 02:56   #155
BHPian

The first time I saw a Jazz (closely) when I went to check ANHC for a senior office colleague. I almost ended up suggesting him the Jazz. Its the best interiors I have seen in the hatch segment atleast (ofcourse to each his own). 1.5L Jazz is surely welcome from Honda but only if it is priced sanely. Atleast keep the existing price since the 1.2L motor will not be featured anymore.
Someone said 1.5L motor is more suited for sedans in Indian mindset, I would say Jazz 1.5L will be a much better option than many sedans. Its one product that might not be able to justify its price, but is every inch worth it. For sure Honda cannot dare to ask for any premium on Jazz whatsoever upgrade they do to it. But now since most top variants of hatches are spilling well into sedan pricing, it will be nice to see Jazz 1.5L performance. I would love to have it in my stable for sure.
Old 1st May 2011, 08:50   #156
BHPian

If the 1.5 Jazz bombs, assuming it even launches ( following which the failure is inevitable) , I will DEFINITELY be on the lookout for a spanking second-hand car a few years from now. I'm already drooling. V-tec power at 4 lacs
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:07   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
If the 1.5 Jazz bombs, assuming it even launches ( following which the failure is inevitable) , I will DEFINITELY be on the lookout for a spanking second-hand car a few years from now. I'm already drooling. V-tec power at 4 lacs
As a buyer of a pre owned Jazz, I can only recommend one to be quick in their dealings if they want a pre owned Jazz. It has not sold so well in any case, and most of the owners may not want to part with their cars within the first couple of years (depreciation/ ownership costs have been explained well in other threads here).
I paid more than 4L for the 1.2 base model, and there is more demand than supply for a used/ pre owned Jazz.
I hope sidindica comes up with some updates/ scoops!
Old 3rd May 2011, 16:00   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks- Honda sold just 1500 Citys in April. The tsunami effect is clearly showing, plus probably the combined onslaught of Vento + SX4 Diesel. These reports of 1.5 litre in the Jazz may just be hollow talk.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2011, 09:54   #159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Folks- Honda sold just 1500 Citys in April. The tsunami effect is clearly showing, plus probably the combined onslaught of Vento + SX4 Diesel. These reports of 1.5 litre in the Jazz may just be hollow talk.
This has been mentioned before.

The reason why Honda is discontinuing the Jazz 1.2 and reintroducing it in its new 1.5 avatar, is because the new Brio is in the pipeline and this hatch should be powered by the current Jazz's 1.2 lump. So in order to avoid confusion and 'over-lapping', Honda has resorted to this engine change.

The Brio should cost 5-6 lakhs and will be Honda's new entry-level offering.

IMO, there is no doubt Honda will bring in the new, face-lifted Jazz with the City's 1.5 iVtec lump.

EDIT: This change, however, might be delayed by a few months due to the unfortunate natural-calamity that hit Japan. There were talks that Honda might downsize the 1.2 and make it a 3-potter for the Brio whilst retaining the same engine for the Jazz, but this might not be as feasible as using the same engines available in the range.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th May 2011 at 10:04.
Old 4th May 2011, 11:10   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
Good thing you are not based around NCR. Else you would have severe competition from me
Old 4th May 2011, 20:30   #161
Senior - BHPian

Hormazd Sorabjee - on twitter - Honda has no plans to launch 1.5litre Jazz. Will continue with 1.2 litre engine only.

No source quoted..so don't really know.
Old 4th May 2011, 20:52   #162
Senior - BHPian

Autocar India editor Mr. Hormazd Sorabjee has tweeted denying that Honda has any plans for a 1.5L version of the Jazz. He is considered to be one of the most reliable sources of automobile information, so I would like to go with him.
Old 4th May 2011, 21:03   #163
Senior - BHPian

So one of the few times that my info is not correct. Had a talk just now, facelift coming sure, but delayed to july. NO 1.5 to be launched. Mods, close this thread. Hormazd's tweet confirmed and matched.
Old 4th May 2011, 21:03   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Hormazd Sorabjee - on twitter - Honda has no plans to launch 1.5litre Jazz. Will continue with 1.2 litre engine only.

No source quoted..so don't really know.
That is known as the Ostrich effect.

Head firmly buried in the ground, they refuse to see or listen, only shout "Honda is Honda Saar"
Old 4th May 2011, 22:05   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
So one of the few times that my info is not correct. Had a talk just now, facelift coming sure, but delayed to july. NO 1.5 to be launched. Mods, close this thread. Hormazd's tweet confirmed and matched.
Thanks for confirming this.
Never mind, your posts and especially scoops are great and fantastic source of information. Almost all of your reviews are brilliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
That is known as the Ostrich effect.

Head firmly buried in the ground, they refuse to see or listen, only shout "Honda is Honda Saar"
Agree with you to some extent regarding HONDA but ...

Ostrich
When lying down and hiding from predators, the birds lay their heads and necks flat on the ground, making them appear as a mound of earth from a distance.

When threatened, Ostriches run away, but they can cause serious injury and death with kicks from their powerful legs. Their legs can only kick forward. Contrary to popular belief, Ostriches do not bury their heads in sand. This myth likely began with Pliny the Elder (AD 23-79), who wrote that Ostriches "imagine, when they have thrust their head and neck into a bush, that the whole of their body is concealed."

*from wiki, honestly I was having the same impression of Ostrich until I read this

Last edited by AvonA7 : 4th May 2011 at 22:10.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed