Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2011, 15:33   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Land Rover Freelander2 2011 New Look Launched

The UK and Indian market are entirely different. In UK compact size and actual offroad ability might be important but for most SUV buyers in our country- Big Size= Road Presence= Prestige value, some others buy them them for ruggedness and ground clearance, while only a very small percentage of buyers really utilise the actual capabilities of such SUVs.
Old 24th May 2011, 07:57   #17
Team-BHP Support

hi guys

Has any one bought the new one ? I am keen to pick one but have doubts on the service front - can any one share experiences with local dealers in Delhi or Ludhiana . How good is the 4 x 4 performance considering it not does not have a proper Low range - any experiences with Terrain response of LR - does these settings actually make difference ?
Old 6th April 2012, 11:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
hi guys

Has any one bought the new one ? I am keen to pick one but have doubts on the service front - can any one share experiences with local dealers in Delhi or Ludhiana . How good is the 4 x 4 performance considering it not does not have a proper Low range - any experiences with Terrain response of LR - does these settings actually make difference ?

The Terrain Response System on the Freelander 2 is very effective. To get a feel of it you can visit the JLR showroom in Gurgaon & take a test drive.

I did an extensive test drive & it went over anything that was thrown at it, though I did not drive it in mud pits, everything else it handles with aplomb. The on road behaviour of the vehicle is also exemplary.

Cheers
Old 24th October 2012, 17:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

For those that doubt the off roading capability of the LR Freelander - may like to view 3 videos that I have posted of my Freelander 2.

The thread is titled :Land Rover Freelander 2 - the first on the forum

The vehicle is very capable on & off road. The acceleration is more than enough to put any or most vehicles to disappear in the rear view.

The service & repair costs are at par with Q5 - the dealer is good & capable of delivering service.

I agree that the interiors are a tad "plain jane" for a car costing as much as this does, but personally I have no issues with that, I think they are way more in character of the vehicle than the softy, goody goody ones that most cars come with nowadays.

The on road behaviour is brilliant & I have driven the Q7 3.0 / 4.2, Q5 3.0 / 2.0 & the Q3 2.0 so I would know what I am talking about.

Any of the LR's or Rangies are not going to please those that seek the Q's or the ML's kind of tag value. In India the obsession is driven by what is percieved as a rich man's car & not by merit. That is my POV is simple plain english.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 24th October 2012 at 17:40.
Old 25th October 2012, 07:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

You forgot to hyperlink the thread, Ricky. Here it is

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rst-forum.html
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 16:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for that discoverwild :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com