Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:21   #61
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: April 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Nano beyond 10K - so now for 20K?
Indica and Indigo taking a beating or is this the result of march overstocking? If not then this is worrying else it is fine, we will know by next month.
Dzire doing better numbers than Swift? New Swift effect.
Etios - decent numbers.
Fortuner numbers down to 7xx is the order book dying down.
Laura and cruz decent numbers, Altis is down more significantly, civic dying down?
ANHC down big time, recent trend of being lower than Vento continues, yes all do go down compared to March but these are quite the lowest numbers for city in a long while, and I for one do not buy the Japan effect logic that they have given. If that were true then there would be a long wait list of a few months. This could also be a segment impacted waiting for the New Verna and the New Fiesta.
Aria back to almost 300, where I think it will be for some time, looks like issues with infotainment unit for the top models has been resolved.
Yeti a bit down but may bounce back, it has started the print campaign seriously.
Spark beats beat? Yep the spark still looks the cutest, but modern technology anyone?
I20, I10 doing well,
Kizashe sinks as expected.
Superb leads over the passat (for how long) over the Accord (as good as dead this year for sure till the next variant in 2012). Somehow the New Sonata will find this segment hard to break into.
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:26   #62
Senior - BHPian

Guys, kind of wondering what's happening to the Xylo. Looks like it is constantly losing numbers...
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:42   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Honda has cut production by 50% due to gaps in supply chain management due to the impact of recent Tsunami.

Toyota and Nissan sales are also affected and this would reflect in their sales figures respectively.
The Honda & Toyota production cuts were announced very late April, and considering that they have 45 days of inventory means the impact was not due to the problems in Japan, else there would have been a waiting. The problem is somewhere else.

I own an ANHC for a year, and till date no one from Honda has contacted me (except for dealer calling for "paid" service). No customer feedback, no check on ownership experience. I put up a complaint for noisy suspension, and was arrogantly answered that "its how it is". Once sold Honda is not bothered.

Honda is paying the price for its arrogance and belief that customers will lap up whatever it sells due to the "H" logo. Honda wake up the Indian consumer is more mature now and appreciates VFM and customer experience. I bought a Vento for my Dad, and the experience is much better both on the VFM package and customer satisfaction.

Last edited by amitku : 3rd May 2011 at 12:46.
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:42   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I know for sure that Tata dump too many cars before March to all the dealers over India. Dealers get flooded with cars in there backyard.

I think all car manufacturers would increase dispatches to dealers in Feb and March, if they haven't met their sales targets for the financial year.

Naturally, dealers would then accept lesser dispatches in April, May periods
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:46   #65
Senior - BHPian

My Observations:
  • Alto from 38k to 25k is quite surprising
  • The Cruze (only Diesel and a good one) outselling Petrol + Diesel Altis proves that buyers are looking at the whole package now
  • Nano sales will keep going up. As more people buy the car, word of mouth will spread. Come Nano V2 (openable hatch) and then diesel and Tata have a winner.
  • Fiat has finally grown YoY. Last April was 18xx.
  • I'm surprised at Yeti's numbers. Bangalore seems to be full of Yeti's though.
  • The Vento's lower than last month no's are also surprising, considering the waiting periods on the car. Seeing last months 4xxx figures, i thought production had increased.
  • The City's no are really low, but part of this is definitely due to the quake.
  • The SX4 D has not really given MSIL much to cheer about. I don't see any ownership reviews on the forum as well.
  • Dezire at 11k is WOW !
  • To me as well, the i20 is an average car. But Hyundai make good all rounders and that is what the majority like.
  • Figo volumes have also dropped from the regular 8-9k
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:07   #66
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the update GTO. Been looking forward to the latest numbers. My 2 cents, probably already shared by rest.
  • Overall not a great month vs last month which is understandable since March is last month of the financial year. Other than Hyundai and Chevy, most manf have lost volumes
  • Honda numbers continue to decline. I believe its a combination of better competitions and post quake effects in Japan production
  • Etios has hit the spot in the C segment. recently drove my colleagues new Etios, complete all rounder product that is bound to please most
  • Despite some redux in volumes, small car and premium hatchbacks continue doing great business. Definitely place for couple of more models to heat up the competition further
  • Tata has a silver lining with increasing Nano numbers, but they should be worried with in general declining indica and indigo numbers. Tata is facing the heat from Figo and Etios
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:45   #67
BHPian

really surprising to find the Logan doing good no's
tata has to pull up a miracle to stabilize their Indica no's
they can take heart with the steady sales of Aria which clocks around 250 units a month
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:45   #68
BHPian

Fiat sales in India (2007-2011)

Sales of Fiat cars in India
Bluefiat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:54   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefiat View Post
Fiat sales in India (2007-2011)

Sales of Fiat cars in India
In 2007 and 2008 the sales were constant throughout the year. In 2009 and 2010 the have dipped towards the end. In 2010 it might have been due to the launch of T-jet.
Old 3rd May 2011, 15:48   #70
BHPian

If Honda gets the City pricing similar to the Vento's rates then the competition would be fair, the rate of the base City is almost 1.5lacs more than that of the Vento. Also in comparison company's turnover becomes similar
Now if Honda's gets another model of the City in comparison to the base model of the Vento without many key features then probably it would help
Old 3rd May 2011, 16:15   #71
BHPian

Looks like overall its been a slow start for the new FY, and with rising fuel prices and interest rates, auto industry sales are tough. Honda has surely been affected by 3 things
1. Overall industry is hit
2. Japan crisis
3. The Recall
and yes a threat from vento- though that is not much i feel as vento has not really shooted up in sales.
Old 3rd May 2011, 16:18   #72
Senior - BHPian

I think all Japanese manufacturers have been affected due to the natural disaster in Japan. Altis is down to 700-odd, Fortuner is down to 700-odd from the usual 900-odd, even Micra which was doing nearly 2K is down to almost half that figure.

Good to see that Fiat has grown, even if marginally. I think Punto has outsold Micra after a long time. I hope Fiat will be able to atleast maintain those numbers in coming months.
Old 3rd May 2011, 17:59   #73
mxx
BHPian

this is the yearly sales comparison as published in Time of India

Source : :: E-paper ::

Skoda & toyota has the highest growth with just few models. Not counting VW, as it did not have a mass market model previously.

Honda at -44%? Wake up honda

Last edited by mxx : 3rd May 2011 at 18:14.
Old 3rd May 2011, 19:40   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
I for one find I20 as one of the cars diametrically opposite to my requirements and liking.
1) It is underpowered.
2) Handling is un-inspiring.
If you are talking about the petrol i20, I have to agree. But they still have a diesel which is among the most powerful hatchbacks in the country if not THE most powerful. Handling, yeah, Polo and Punto any day better.

Like many have pointed out, Hyundai make good all rounders. The only things going against the i20 are the handling and the price. Handling is subjective and majority won't bother and price, The sales show that people are fine with it
Old 3rd May 2011, 20:25   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
But they still have a diesel which is among the most powerful hatchbacks in the country if not THE most powerful.
The only things going against the i20 are the handling and the price. Handling is subjective and majority won't bother and price, The sales show that people are fine with it
I20 diesel is a great buy. But 8Lacs OTR for top end is too much for a hatch.
On the other hand 4.5 for base version of I20 is not a bad value for money.
It will be interesting to see the petrol and diesel sales of i20 differently.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks