Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2011, 23:13   #16
BHPian

Re: CSD Stops Car Sale Till 30 June 11

Visited Rohan Motors at Gurgaon yesterday. I am told there is some decision slated to be taken on CSD Car sales on 3rd / 4th July. Fingers crossed!
Old 23rd July 2011, 14:50   #17
BHPian

I was also planning to buy a car through CSD in May. Was told that sale of AFD items will start on 1st Jul. On this date sale of most the AFD items restarted except cars. I was told that a decision is due on 15th. Checked again a few days back. Dealer told me that sale is yet to start and had no idea when it would start.Got the number of QMG branch at the Army HQ and called up to clarify. Was told that a decision would be taken by Aug end. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that it starts soon. I keep wondering about a word called " accountability". Does it exist in our CSD?
Highflyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 15:49   #18
BHPian

I inquired in May end at my place TATA dealership, was told CSD car purchase has started in May itself????? why there is discrepancy for different places? My CSD is Hisar, haryana
Old 23rd July 2011, 18:06   #19
BHPian

@drsnt pl check it again. Cars are not sold by any CSD in the entire country. That dealer must have thought that its going to start soon and said yes to you.
Old 23rd July 2011, 18:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post
I inquired in May end at my place TATA dealership, was told CSD car purchase has started in May itself????? why there is discrepancy for different places? My CSD is Hisar, haryana

You see, what happens in this system is that when an entitled individual prepares a draft(of a particular amount for a vehicle), he hands it over to the CSD depot, and not to the dealer.
The CSD in turn issues out a voucher for the dealer to deliver that vehicle.
Now, before preparing this draft, the entitled individual has to take an availability certificate from the car dealer for submission to the CSD depot along with the draft.
The case in point here is that, the dealers do not have any dearth of vehicles to be delivered. It is the just that the earlier payment to the dealers has not been made through the govt channel.
There are individuals who are stuck in the situation, wherein they have paid the CSD but the delivery couldn't be taken.
Old 24th July 2011, 14:50   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
You see, what happens in this system is that when an entitled individual prepares a draft(of a particular amount for a vehicle), he hands it over to the CSD depot, and not to the dealer.
The CSD in turn issues out a voucher for the dealer to deliver that vehicle.
Now, before preparing this draft, the entitled individual has to take an availability certificate from the car dealer for submission to the CSD depot along with the draft.
The case in point here is that, the dealers do not have any dearth of vehicles to be delivered. It is the just that the earlier payment to the dealers has not been made through the govt channel.
There are individuals who are stuck in the situation, wherein they have paid the CSD but the delivery couldn't be taken.
What you are saying is right but in my place dealer gets done all formalities from CSD himself, all car dealers have appointed separate people who only deal with CSD as CSD sales in our region are high, we have to give form and draft to dealer,

As for availability certificate, I got 3 cars directly from CSD as there were no local dealers and never gave this cert, last I bought NHC from CHD, i didn even go to dealer, I went to Ambala CSD, gave draft, got delivery challan , went to dealer to whom I had talked earlier and got the car.
Old 12th August 2011, 12:03   #22
BHPian

Any updates when CSD purchase is going to start?
Old 12th August 2011, 12:51   #23
BHPian

Is this issue still prevalent?
My Dad is a retired Army personnel and I am planning to get a Car for him via CSD.
Sad to hear about the self imposed ban by dealers.

Also, is purchase of vehicles through CSD available across country or only through specific canteens?

Thanks,
Old 14th August 2011, 13:16   #24
BHPian

@ acrobak this ban has not been imposed by the dealers. This has been imposed by the CSDs. This is applicable across the country and is likely to be lifted by this month end.
Old 18th August 2011, 01:03   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post

Also, is purchase of vehicles through CSD available across country or only through specific canteens?

Thanks,
Yes. The purchases of such firm demand items are to be made from specific depots only. However, every canteen may have the demand form with them to be filled up by the applicant before such a purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflyer View Post
This is applicable across the country and is likely to be lifted by this month end.
Seems to be good news. Is there any authourity on this news?
Old 18th August 2011, 13:29   #26
BHPian

My Dad checked with local CSD in Dehradun, looks like the issue is still prevelant.
CSD people do not know when a decision shall be taken on this. :(
What idiocy man, why make Army personnel suffer for their differences.
Old 18th August 2011, 19:56   #27
BHPian

@susan3004 I spoke to QMG branch at the army HQ. These people control the CSD.
Old 19th August 2011, 10:41   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflyer
Susan, can please inquire and let us know when we can expect this restriction to be lifted? I mean a concrete date would help immensely. Planning for a jazz from csd, so fingers crossed.
Old 19th August 2011, 11:52   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflyer View Post
So it seems that no letter to that effect has been taken out.
I hope that they start off with the process soon for the benfit of affected individuals.
Old 4th September 2011, 03:07   #30
BHPian

Guys , Any update on resumption of normal service?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks