Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2011, 20:03   #1
BHPian

Audi to launch A7 on 11 May

Audi India will add another luxury sports car in their portfolio. This time make way for the Audi A7 which will make its debut on May 11.

The first time you rest your eyes on this, you are bound to think it’s the A6 but on closer inspection you will see that the A7 is infact lower, longer and lighter as A7 is made with steel plus aluminium. A7 is targeted majorly at the younger Audi enthusiast who would prefer a sports-back to a bland luxury sedan. It does not really have a real rival as it sits on an altogether new platform, the only car you can try comparing it should be the Mercedes Benz CLS. Packed with a host of high end technological gadgets and BOSE music system this car will be available in two engine options of petrol and diesel.

The petrol engine will be a the 3-lit V6 TFSI making peak power rated at 300bhp and a peak torque of 440Nm while the diesel mill which will be the 3-lit V6 TDI with power figure of 245bhp and 500Nm of torque. Both the versions are electronically limited to 250km\hr top speed. Pricing can be anywhere between 62 – 70 lakhs.

Features of the A7 :
  • Audi xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights The signature Audi xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights and high-intensity headlights not only add a distinct look to the vehicle, they also improve visibility while using half of the energy of conventional bulbs.
  • Heated, twelve-way, power front seats with driver memory The six-level heated, twelve-way, power front seats, including four-way lumbar support, allow the driver and passenger to electronically adjust the seats’ forward/backward position, height, and angle of seat cushion and seatback. Driver memory stores two settings.
  • Keyless go: With the touch of a button the driver can start/stop the engine without removing the key from a pocket or purse.
  • 18″ seven-spoke wheels with 255/45 all-season tires The luxurious appearance of these 18″ wheels with all-season tires offers a refined complement to the style of the A7. Audi drive select Exclusive to Audi, this system provides advanced control of the vehicle’s steering, transmission shift characteristics and engine response. The system offers drivers the ability to configure vehicle drive characteristics exactly to their liking with the choice of Comfort, Auto, Dynamic or Individual settings.
  • LED taillights : LED lights are superior to conventional bulbs, thanks to faster activation speeds and bright light emissions. In addition, they can last an entire vehicle lifetime and consume up to 50 percent less energy while adding a signature look to your Audi.
  • Audi music interface with iPod® integration This connective technology offers intelligent integration with the iPod® and iPhone®. Any iPod Generation 4 and higher may be connected through the glove box, providing full iPod controls on the MMI® screen. This feature allows connection of a USB flash drive or a conventional auxiliary audio input as well.
  • HomeLink® universal remote HomeLink® is integrated into the overhead controls and uses a simple three-button system to control garage doors, gates and even lights in your home.
  • Audi parking system plus with rearview camera The rearview camera offers a real-time view of the parking area while front and rear parking sensors use ultrasound waves to sense your position and warn when approaching nearby objects.
  • MMI® Navigation Plus with MMI Touch MMI® Navigation plus features an 8″ high-resolution full-color LCD screen that emerges from the dash upon vehicle ignition. Groundbreaking MMI® touch includes a revolutionary touchpad that interprets handwritten inputs, while dedicated radio preset buttons can be programmed for commonly used stations. The latest generation of MMI control logic is powered by a 40-GB hard drive and an NVIDIA® processor to enhance graphics. This generation MMI offers a color driver information system, real-time traffic, and 3D topography graphics that include the buildings in many cities and the crystal clear digital AM and FM sound of HD Radio™ Technology with over 1,000 new stations. Also included is voice control for navigation and telephone functions.
  • Power tilt and telescoping steering column The power-adjustable steering column is an added touch of luxury and convenience, helping to ensure your driving position is optimized and comfortable.
  • S line® exterior The unique S line® bumpers and S line badging, accentuate the already powerful and bold exterior of the A7.
  • Four-zone automatic climate control Occupants in the driver and front passenger seats, as well as the occupants of the outer rear seating areas can select and control their desired level of heating or cooling via the center console. A light sensor on the dashboard adjusts the system based on the sun’s intensity. Twelve-way, driver and front passenger climate seats with ventilation Should you require cooling, you can select a ventilation mode to circulate air through perforations in the seats for increased comfort and airflow.
  • BOSE® Sound System The 600 watt sound system is individually tailored to the vehicle interior. The BOSE® Premium Sound System offers 14 high performance speakers including BOSE Acoustic Wave speaker technology that’s further enhanced by the AudioPilot® noise compensation feature, which adjusts volume in response to unwanted road noise, enhancing the listening experience.
  • Lighting Package The interior lighting package features ambient illumination on the doorsill, center console and door bags for a driving environment that exudes distinction and style.
Source: Audi To Introduce A7 In India Come May 11

Last edited by benbsb29 : 30th April 2011 at 09:12. Reason: Post edited for readability.
Old 29th April 2011, 23:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Audi to launch A7 on 11 May

Finally ! The car i have been waiting for such a long time. Absolutely in love with it. Am pretty sure the base versions of petrol and diesel would be offered at a later date. The petrol is expected to be a 2.8 fsi and the diesel a 3.0 tdi albeit in a lower state of tune and both these would be NON-Quattro IIRC. The 3.0 TDI Quattro would make the most sense in India. Plenty of torque, great & refined 8-speed transmission and a 0-100 dash in 6.3 secs ! Performance with economy/practicality and those looks. Love it ! Definitely the next target after the sexy A4
Old 4th May 2011, 12:25   #3
BHPian

Re: Audi to launch A7 on 11 May

Only a 3.0 TDI and a 3.0 TFSI engines varients would be launched for the A7.
Old 11th May 2011, 15:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

Audi RS5 & A7 Launch

Audi making a silent Launch of RS5?

Check out the live launch on

Live Webcast Audi A7 Sportsback

More Information on

Audi India > Home

Enjoy!!

@MODS did not find an appropriate thread so started a new one.

Audi RS5 & A7 Launch-rs5.jpg

information credit : S350L-E240

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 11th May 2011 at 15:27.
h@r$h@l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 15:45   #5
BHPian

Re: Audi RS5 & A7 Launch

That is amazing! Hormazd tweeted that the A7 3.0L V6TDi costs Rs 64,00,000

ACI mag tweeted that there was one more surprise launch as well. That must be the RS5!
Old 11th May 2011, 16:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for posting H@r$h@l,

Kinda sad launch, was focused more on the lady rather then the car, and of course could hardly hear much, but if marketed aggressively the cars have a good potential,

Regards,
Old 11th May 2011, 18:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Audi RS5 launched at Rs 76 Lakh!! This hot coupe features a 450 horsepower 4.2-liter FSI V8. That is 30ps more than the current BMW M3. Aceelaration from 0-100 km/h comes in 4.6 seconds, before topping out at an electronically limited 250 km/h. This is surely one sexy coupe!
Audi RS5 & A7 Launch-2011audirs5coupe6.jpg
Old 11th May 2011, 18:44   #8
BHPian

The Audi A7 Sportback

Audi RS5 & A7 Launch-getimage.dll.png
Old 11th May 2011, 20:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

Yayy ! Finally Audi has brought the RS Brand to India. In a segment filled with cars like BMW M3, Porsche Cayman, Nissan 370Z and others, Audi is certainly looking to position itself in the front of the pack by launching the Super Hot RS5 ! Will it chew away into the sales of the M3 and others ? Only time will tell. Hope to see some on our roads soon !
Old 11th May 2011, 23:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

Great to see Audi launching such beautiful cars in India, but where to drive these beauties in horrible Mumbai traffic. Leaving this on other note, few days back I saw this show on Discovery Turbo called Fifth Gear(Awesome show), they were comparing Audi RS5 and BMW M3. They were posting time by the cars on their race track. Audi RS5 has more power but when compared to BMW M3, BMW scored over it because of the driving dynamics and it is comparatively lighter than RS5. So in the end M3 won by a gap of 1 sec, but for me, I like the design language of Audi RS5. Audi design is top class.
Old 12th May 2011, 14:10   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Audi RS5 launched at Rs 76 Lakh!! This hot coupe features a 450 horsepower 4.2-liter FSI V8. That is 30ps more than the current BMW M3. Aceelaration from 0-100 km/h comes in 4.6 seconds, before topping out at an electronically limited 250 km/h. This is surely one sexy coupe!
Attachment 543328
Still cant beat the BMW M3. Even with 30 less hp, the M3 is definitely the better car to drive!
Old 12th May 2011, 22:32   #12
BHPian

i have driven the new m3's and i wasnt impressed by the handling, i felt like it under steered alot and the manual one i drove has a clutch delay valve which makes shifting really not fun at all because if you shift too quick it will lock out the gear forcing you to grind.

anyways RS5 fastest car under 1cr not bad.

Btw if anyone in Mumbai wants to come to the launch party in mumbai for the A7 let me know.
Old 12th May 2011, 23:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
Btw if anyone in Mumbai wants to come to the launch party in mumbai for the A7 let me know.
When is the launch party and what are the timing? If the date and timing suits I might come over.
Old 13th May 2011, 12:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

Finaly the RS5 is here and with an excellent price too. I would like to see how she affects the M3 dominated market, Mercedes with the C63 sedan has so far been unsuccessful in achieving and with the soon to arrive coupe i would like to see who wins the coupe wars. If you go by most reviews and commparrisions with the M3 the RS5 is a working mans sports car and the M3 a Boy racer. What i mean by this is the RS5 is more uptight and the M3 is carefree all the way. In an Interview by the head of Audi India to a car program, he stated the RS5 would be cheaper than the M3 and C63 and i am glad to know he kept his word. A car definatly worth considering.

I have seen a black A7 being tested around the city for ages and i must see each time i see her, she draws me one step closer to her. Th BMW GT looks more of a station wagon and the CLS a confused designers vision but the A7 has it right in keeping her elegantly beautiful.
Old 13th May 2011, 18:32   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
anyways RS5 fastest car under 1cr not bad.
Now only if the R35 was officially launched here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks