Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2011, 12:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: TATA Magic IRIS, TATA Ace Zip - Age of NANO variants has arrived!

Now the Ace Zip is zipping across our TV screens. Just yesterday I heard my dad asking what was this new vehicle by Tata. When he was shown both the Zip and Iris, instant reaction was this is way better than an autoriksha.

Absolutely second the point that it makes for a much safer and comfortable ride than those 3 wheelers. With a single cylinder engine the only question is the noise and vibration levels which will be clear when we actually sit in it. The other issue is on the permits, would Iris be able to apply for the same permits as that of an 3 wheeler auto? Not sure on this.

It is high time we get a credible alternative to the 3 wheelers and just as Ace (original) got all the 3 wheeler goods carriers add an extra wheel, hopefully Iris would make the 3 wheeler rikshaws a thing of the past!
Old 1st June 2012, 14:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

I had visited Tata dealership in chennai, last week to have a look at Ace zip.
The engine was a BS III and borrowed from Piaggio's Greaves engine. But the difference is, Ace zip has a water cooled one as aganist the earliers air cooled one.
I was not aware of this and the momment I cranked the engine I could understand the difference in engine sound.
The load body size, payload(0.6T) are all comparable to Piaggio Xtra. With this I presume Tata wanted to replicate the same story with Ace - replace a similar spec'd 3 wheeler with a 4 wheeler. If this formula is right in 2 years from now, Ace Zip will phase out many of similar products/companies.
Tata basically a very polite group and not so aggresive/tough. But their products are not so, and are very cruel and frugal, making it highly irresistable.
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 14:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Saw one red Iris today on road and kinda looks cute, much much better than the 3 wheel contraptions produced by Bajaj, piaggio, Mahindra etc. It wasnt also making much noise. Hope it will replace the 3 wheelers someday.
Old 1st June 2012, 18:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

yes the TATA Ace Zip is far better product than any three wheeler pick up.

even with my 5'10" & 100kg body i was comfortable in the driving & passenger seat.

here are some pros.
  • price
  • payload
  • comfort
  • safety
  • FE
  • ground clearance
  • size
unfortunately there was to TD vehicle so no drive report.
But i liked the steering wheel & gear shift position.

some pics
TATA Magic IRIS, TATA Ace Zip - Age of NANO variants has arrived!-dsc07972-large.jpg

TATA Magic IRIS, TATA Ace Zip - Age of NANO variants has arrived!-dsc07973-large.jpg

TATA Magic IRIS, TATA Ace Zip - Age of NANO variants has arrived!-dsc07974-large.jpg

TATA Magic IRIS, TATA Ace Zip - Age of NANO variants has arrived!-dsc07975-large.jpg

TATA Magic IRIS, TATA Ace Zip - Age of NANO variants has arrived!-dsc07976-large.jpg

TATA Magic IRIS, TATA Ace Zip - Age of NANO variants has arrived!-dsc07977-large.jpg

TATA Magic IRIS, TATA Ace Zip - Age of NANO variants has arrived!-dsc07978-large.jpg

TATA Magic IRIS, TATA Ace Zip - Age of NANO variants has arrived!-dsc07979-large.jpg

TATA Magic IRIS, TATA Ace Zip - Age of NANO variants has arrived!-dsc07980-large.jpg

TATA Magic IRIS, TATA Ace Zip - Age of NANO variants has arrived!-dsc07981-large.jpg
rgds,
Nikhil
jeepster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2012, 04:07   #35
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 8th September 2012 at 16:01.
Johnny_ is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th June 2012, 22:05   #36
RSR
Senior - BHPian

A red, unregistered Ace Zip went through our street this morning as I was getting out of the house. I kept staring at the vehicle as this is the first time I'm seeing it. The driver (presumably a dealer employee) seemed quite pleased that his ride was attracting attention as if it were an exotic Porsche or Ferrari.

I think it looks rather cool for a truck. And though it was fairly noisy, it seems to be a much better vehicle than the three-wheeled smoke-spewing contraptions dished out by the likes of Bajaj, Mahindra, Force, Piaggio and the horribly ugly (in my opinion) four-wheeled Mahindra Gio.

Kudos to Tata Motors for creating one new segment after another! Even if they face an eternal, uphill struggle with the quality of their cars, they sure are the unmatched leaders when it comes to creating new classes of vehicles in the CV space (and to a lesser extent in the passenger vehicle segment as well).

Last edited by RSR : 25th June 2012 at 22:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks