Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2006, 12:16   #1
BANNED

CR-V Charcha!

Could CR-V owners and others who know about the CR-V kindly let the rest of us know what mileage one gets in everyday city use with the A/C on at all times? (I’ve heard one gets just 5-6.5kmpl)… It would be nice if you all could also let the rest of us know which year the CR-V currently being sold in India was launched internationally and what are the other pros and cons of the CR-V. Thanks in advance.

A sunroof would’ve been nice on the CR-V, but even a few of my fellow Team-BHPians say I always ask for too much… I’m a reasonable man and I don’t think I do.

Last edited by MrBoombastic : 25th January 2006 at 12:32.
Old 25th January 2006, 15:29   #2
BANNED

Don't tell me there is not one CR-V owner on our Team?!! Also, seeing no replies to this thread makes me think we Team-BHPians aren't very fond of the CR-V.
Old 25th January 2006, 15:41   #3
Team-BHP Support

Jaggu did a wonderful review on the CRV - do a search
Old 25th January 2006, 15:46   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Jaggu did a wonderful review on the CRV - do a search
Wow! I ran a search twice on CR-V... Let me try again. Thanks a bunch, Ajmat!
Old 25th January 2006, 15:58   #5
BHPian

Here's one by Revvmaster
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-ca...highlight=CR-V
Old 25th January 2006, 18:02   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit
Thanks a whole bunch, Mohit... Believe it or not, I ran a search for a third time and still couldn't find that review Ajmat mentioned... Maybe because I was at work and surfing from there is always stressful or maybe because I'm simply that stupid. Off for a fourth try now...

Can someone post the link to that review Amjat mentioned and then we can ask the Mods to lock this thread if needed.
Old 25th January 2006, 18:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

Most people i know who own a CRV confirm a fuel efficiency of around 6kpl in city.

Arush
Old 25th January 2006, 18:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
Most people i know who own a CRV confirm a fuel efficiency of around 6kpl in city.

Arush
Interesting how 6kmpl killed the Standard 2000 (yeah it had other issues, but 6 kmpl was the killer) back then and is considered acceptable now.....
Old 25th January 2006, 18:58   #9
Team-BHP Support

Boom

We have a wonderfl search facility. Anyway here goes

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-ca...irst-days.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buckle...3-5-k-kms.html
Old 25th January 2006, 19:32   #10
Senior - BHPian

@steeroid: back then, it was the time when maruti and F.E were the priorities in a consumer's mind. try launching the Sierra, NOW, with a gullwing, 4x4 and a "lifestyle" tag attached to it, and i'm sure it'll sell. the point being that some products like the std 2000, RD 350, etc. were launched MUCH ahead of their time...but i guess you are right; the mentalities of people ARE changing, ever so slowly...perhaps we are going the exact opposite way of the firangis- in abroad, 5-6 kmpl used to be the norm BACK THEN, but they're "upgrading" to 10-15 kmpl machines now....

@mrboombastic: i guess 5 kmpl is a li'l low. from what i have heard, people have reported in the region of 7 kmpl, with a/c (talking about the auto here). the manual does a little better though, and gives about 9...
Old 25th January 2006, 20:44   #11
BANNED

Thank you, Arush Bhai, Veyron1 and Ajmat . Aj, I did use the search option, but just couldn't find it.

OFF TOPIC, KINDLY EXCUSE!! Steerman, I feel you are steering me the right way... Lord! Finally I know what the target is and can go in for the kill. Shhh! Secret!! ... Let's just hope ingress and egress are not a problem for MotorMom when it comes to our secret wheels. Coming Monday is the chosen day.
Old 27th January 2006, 21:30   #12
BANNED

I really don't understand why Honda doesnt offer the CR-V here with their 2.2i CDTI diesel engine when the whole world knows India is diesel country. Also, when it comes to armrests, only the CR-V A/T has armrests and that too those like found in the 2004 Scorpio GLX (storage bin optional at a price of a little over 8,000/- and this can't be fixed on the CR-V M/T as it hinders gearshifts).

As far as the available petrol CR-V goes, I must say that the 2.4L/ 152bhp@6000rpm engine with a maximum torque of 215.3nm@3600rpm is simply superb to drive. The Drive-By-Wire the '05 CR-V incorprates just adds to the pleasure.
Old 27th January 2006, 21:46   #13
Senior - BHPian

Boom, one of my friend owns a CR-V and he is pretty satisfied with its performance. He uses CR-V mostly for long drives where it supposedly returns 11-12kmpl. According to what I know is again its a typical Honda, boringly reliable, not so encouraging interiors, phenominal power(faster than old city vtec after 100kmph) and fairly good ride quality. Suppose to be a great handler with one size rubber upgrade and everything else like the clutch, gear box, noise damping etc is typical Honda.

If FE isnt your concern, I would say go for it but mind you this aint a SUV its only an urban SUV so harcore offroading is not what you would wanna do with this one...This one is more for 5people, luggage and highways...

Last edited by The Wolf : 27th January 2006 at 21:48.
Old 27th January 2006, 22:18   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Boom, one of my friend owns a CR-V and he is pretty satisfied with its performance. He uses CR-V mostly for long drives where it supposedly returns 11-12kmpl. According to what I know is again its a typical Honda, boringly reliable, not so encouraging interiors, phenominal power(faster than old city vtec after 100kmph) and fairly good ride quality. Suppose to be a great handler with one size rubber upgrade and everything else like the clutch, gear box, noise damping etc is typical Honda.

If FE isnt your concern, I would say go for it but mind you this aint a SUV its only an urban SUV so harcore offroading is not what you would wanna do with this one...This one is more for 5people, luggage and highways...
I agree 100% on the interiors... Even the 2003 Corolla sweeps the CR-V clean on interiors, digital display for Automatic A/C, center armrest with storage and the music system too. I also agree that the CR-V handles exceptionally well . Fuel economy is not what really really worries me, Wolf bhai... What really really worries me is the interiors.

As the Fortuner wont be launched till 2007 dec - 2008 jan and the Tucson being as pathetic as it is (No keyless entry and so on at a price of 17.93L OTR in Chennai), I really don't have a choice, but to go in for the CR-V if I want a SUV type vehicle. I can't buy bigger/ taller SUVs as MotorMom will be using the vehicle (with her health I need to consider ingress and egress) too and I'm sick and tired of maintaining 2-3 cars at the same time after all these years of doing just that... I mean it takes enough effort and time to keep one car spotless and dent free these days.

I Forgot, while I love the torque packed engine on the X-Trail... It's just not worth the 10lakh premium it commands over the CR-V (especially with the speedometer cluster in the center and not above the steering which takes the drivers eyes off the road for a longer time and that can lead to accidents)... Again, leaving only the CR-V as a good choice.

Last edited by MrBoombastic : 27th January 2006 at 22:32.
Old 27th January 2006, 22:27   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoombastic
I agree 100% on the interiors... .................................................. ..... cars at the same time after all these years of doing just that... I mean it takes enough effort and time to keep one car spotless and dent free these days.

will you ever be able to select a car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks