Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2012, 21:44   #136
BHPian

Re: Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel

Okay just got this info from a friend. He visited Abra motors Chennai to enquire about the polo,they told him that 2012 polo come with 4 cylinder engines. And that the cars will be delivered with 20 to 25 days.Not sure how far this information is reliable though!!
Old 28th January 2012, 23:06   #137
BHPian

Re: Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel

A friend of mine went to a VW showroom for the POLO and was fairly impressed with the TD. There the sales person told him that POLO diesel has steering mounted audio controls. However when he came back and checked VW site he did not see Steering mounted control listed as a feature. He called me to confirm this but I myself am not updated with POLO so I am asking here:

1. Did polo (since it was launched) undergo any refreshment?
2. Does Polo have steering mounted controls?
3. I think the SA mentioning audio controls on Polo was just not aware of the features of the car. Or was he referring to the refreshed version which might see its launch in the coming time? I think its the former.

Need your views guys. My friend is confused about the above. Since he is not on T-BHP I am asking this on his behalf.

Thanks
Old 29th January 2012, 00:18   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Okay just got this info from a friend. He visited Abra motors Chennai to enquire about the polo,they told him that 2012 polo come with 4 cylinder engines. And that the cars will be delivered with 20 to 25 days.Not sure how far this information is reliable though!!
You don't friend, how much this news matters to me.
Do try to extract some more Information about the 4-cylinder version of its engine. I'm eagerly anticipating about this car.
Old 29th January 2012, 03:36   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Slightly off topic. Does anyone see the price of the current 1.2L coming down in the near future, or when the 1.5L/1.6L pitches in?

In my opinion, the current 1.2L Polos are too pricey, especially the diesels. Neither do they offer the punch nor does it sport high end features, then why the astronomical price? Isn't the Polo the segment leaders when coming to price? Volkswagen, why alone on the Polo, you are stubborn on the price, and not on the options? Not at all a 'folks-wagon'.
VW polo is not putting sales charts on fire because of its pricing. However people who buy a polo look for premium quality interiors and excellent fit and finish along with the efficiency of a diesel. VW polo 1.2 is known for its efficiency.My friend owns a Polo and he took the following picture of Polo's mileage. When asked he said , the car gives about 24-25kmpl on highway runs on AC when driven sedately at 60 to 80kmph. When I asked my friend about the price, he said that it was totally worth it.
Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel also-polo-mileage.jpg
Old 29th January 2012, 09:52   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
VW polo is not putting sales charts on fire because of its pricing. However people who buy a polo look for premium quality interiors and excellent fit and finish along with the efficiency of a diesel. VW polo 1.2 is known for its efficiency.My friend owns a Polo and he took the following picture of Polo's mileage. When asked he said , the car gives about 24-25kmpl on highway runs on AC when driven sedately at 60 to 80kmph. When I asked my friend about the price, he said that it was totally worth it.
Attachment 879027
Woah! 31.1Kmpl! Breathtaking figures, man!

You are right Himavanth, the Polo is a great car and even though the 1.2 diesel might sound under powered, it is quite adequate when you actually get to drive one. Plus, the build quality, ride quality, handling and the efficiency makes it a really sweet deal!
Old 29th January 2012, 11:47   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
You don't friend, how much this news matters to me.
Do try to extract some more Information about the 4-cylinder version of its engine. I'm eagerly anticipating about this car.
The release of the 4 cylinder diesel version or the 1.5/1.4 TDI does not seem to ocur in the near future.
The dealer will not be kept informed of such release. Guess VW will be cautious as the pricing would be crucial to the success. If released as such the prices will be in the Sedan range and very close to that of the Vento.

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th January 2012 at 11:55.
Old 29th January 2012, 11:53   #142
Senior - BHPian

When I was at the dealer to book my car,I had a chat with the GM of the dealership. He told me that the 1.5tdi may come next year.

The news has been doing the rounds for almost a year now and we still don't have any concrete information on the launch. If the launch was to happen soon, we'd ve spotted the car being tested somewhere like the i20 facelift.
Old 29th January 2012, 12:17   #143
Senior - BHPian

I would take this news with a pinch of salt, firstly Abra motors doesnt even have an half knowledgable person in their sales team. They were even not aware of my car being shipped from VW when I had the VIN myself and knew exactly when it would arrive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
He visited Abra motors Chennai to enquire about the polo,they told him that 2012 polo come with 4 cylinder engines.
No steering mounted controls in the polo yet, only the vento was provided these features during a refresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
2. Does Polo have steering mounted controls?
+1, Agreed. Though I wish it happens, I dont think so we are going to see it anytime in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The release of the 4 cylinder diesel version or the 1.5/1.4 TDI does not seem to ocur in the near future.
Cheers!

Last edited by bala80 : 29th January 2012 at 12:19.
Old 29th January 2012, 15:03   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I would take this news with a pinch of salt, firstly Abra motors doesnt even have an half knowledgable person in their sales team. They were even not aware of my car being shipped from VW when I had the VIN myself and knew exactly when it would arrive!
+1 bala I have to agree with you on this.Dealers are hardly aware of upcoming products!!I have also found Abra Motors to be a bit arrogant.Anyway,now the dealer says the 1.5 Polo(yes he said 1.5) is expected by October.Again,I would take this info with a truckload of salt.All this indicates is that the dealers are aware that 4 cylinder Polo's are in the pipeline.So maybe VW isn't too far away from launching them!!
Old 29th January 2012, 21:57   #145
BANNED

VW offering 60k discount on 1.2 highline(p) & 1.6 highline(p) - Is this discount enough on 2011 model, any scope for more ?
Old 28th February 2012, 12:26   #146
Senior - BHPian

So it seems VW have finally upgraded the Polo but why is it yet not made official?
2012 Volkswagen Polo Updated With New Features | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
Old 28th February 2012, 12:43   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
So it seems VW have finally upgraded the Polo but why is it yet not made official?
2012 Volkswagen Polo Updated With New Features | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

The article quotes the source as Team-BHP and we do not have a confirmation here yet.
Old 28th February 2012, 12:51   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
VW offering 60k discount on 1.2 highline(p) & 1.6 highline(p) - Is this discount enough on 2011 model, any scope for more ?
My Friend just closed Comfortline TDI Silver deal around 6.05Lakh on road with extended 4 yr warranty. Guess they have plenty of 2011 models left. He was saying petrol they are offering good amount. You can deal for insurance and extended warranty that will save around 25K more for you.

TDI mileage I got 18+ in city and 24+ regular on highway @ 100 km/hr.

Last edited by sam003 : 28th February 2012 at 12:52.
sam003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 12:56   #149
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
My Friend just closed Comfortline TDI Silver deal around 6.05Lakh on road with extended 4 yr warranty. Guess they have plenty of 2011 models left. He was saying petrol they are offering good amount. You can deal for insurance and extended warranty that will save around 25K more for you.
From which dealer ? that's very good deal your friend got, have they got more tdi in comfortline or how much discount on polo 1.6, otr if possible.
i'm getting 1.6 for 6.59 on road(only 50k discount now) + 2.25% ROI
thanks mate for the heads up.

Awesome mileage, 1.6 will give around 10-12 max.
only reason i'm inclined towards 1.6 because of more power otherwise tdi is a value for money.

Last edited by unknown : 28th February 2012 at 12:59.
Old 28th February 2012, 13:25   #150
BHPian

Good to see VW taking customer feedback seriously.

However, what I would really like is a diesel polo with a slush box. Maybe I am thinking too far off - but i am sure that a diesel premium hatch that too with an auto box will surely be lapped up by the public.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks