Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2012, 13:32   #166
BHPian

Re: Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
My brother just can't stop drooling about the Polo since its launch and finally, seems to have decided to "B(ite)UY THE BULLET" !!

Had been for a TD yesterday and the SE there seemed really sure about the following things:

# - Polo 1.6 is not discontinued but kind of Built on order. Accordingly, if a particular color is available from an existing stock, 1 week is the delivery Time. Else will take around 50 days.

# - Polo Diesel will have an Update/Revision soon. He was not sure about the facelift though but sounded pretty confident about a "New/Improved Diesel Engine" on a Polo before September.

# - SE as well mentioned about an AT Tranny on the "Revised/FL" Polo but could not confirm if it was on a Diesel or Petrol Avatar.

Since my brother was only interested in the 1.6, we did not probe further into this.
I can see myself in your brother. I have been drooling for the car as well.

You mention very interesting updates for the car. Please post more updates incase you get any especially about the revised diesel version of the car . Also also personally hope they pump in more power in the 1.2 petrol.
Old 16th July 2012, 13:38   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Since my brother was only interested in the 1.6, we did not probe further into this.
Nice info bro, Good to hear on the 1.6's and the future upgrades

Cheers!
Old 16th July 2012, 13:49   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post

I can see myself in your brother. I have been drooling for the car as well.

You mention very interesting updates for the car.
I will be very honest prashant, I have started Gaping myself of late, everytime I see a Polo or a Punto on-road.

I never really liked Polo when it was launched but boy has that "Hot Hatch" grown on me.

"Updates" I am not sure buddy, since I thought of sharing some information from SE. SE could only confirm that 1.6 has not been disontinued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Nice info bro, Good to hear on the 1.6's and the future upgrades

Cheers!
Trust me Bro, I thought of sending you and Prashanth a quick PM the moment I heard that SE. I was like .

B.T.W the New 1.6's have a Parking sensor as Standard as well.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 16th July 2012 at 13:59.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 14:05   #169
Senior - BHPian

Saw the "new" silver Polo running on tc plates. The front does look a lot better courtesy the smoked out headlamps like the Jetta. The side profile is the same apart from the new Fabia like 15 inch alloys wheels. The rear carried a Tdi badge and a glaring omission was the rear wiper and washer. The interiors too seemed to be the same like the current Polo HL however couldn't get a closer look.
Old 10th August 2012, 17:35   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

The Polo facelift (more a refresh) has been spotted by the guys at Autocar.

This impending launch, combined with VW India's ambitious plans to expand it's dealership base by at least 50 dealerships every year so that it can double it's dealership base by 2015, certainly shows how aggressive VW is becoming, and how important the Indian market is to the German giant's future plans. To improve the customer experience, more focus is to be given on training it's personnel through newly developed training centers.

Photo courtesy - Autocar India.

Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel also-0_468_700_http__i.haymarket.net.au_extraimages_20120810092057_polo_spy-copy.jpg

Quote:
On the exterior, the refreshed Polo is expected to get black inserts on its headlamps to give the car a more sportier look. It will also get a new alloy wheel design. The upgraded interior will include a new music system head-unit with USB and Bluetooth connectivity, while higher-spec variants could also get steering-mounted audio controls - a feature that is slowly becoming a standard option in models of this segment.
SOURCE - Updated Polo coming soon | News | Autocar India

Last edited by RavenAvi : 10th August 2012 at 17:37.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 18:10   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Polo facelift (more a refresh) has been spotted by the guys at Autocar.

This impending launch, combined with VW India's ambitious plans to expand it's dealership base by at least 50 dealerships every year so that it can double it's dealership base by 2015, certainly shows how aggressive VW is becoming, and how important the Indian market is to the German giant's future plans. To improve the customer experience, more focus is to be given on training it's personnel through newly developed training centers.

Photo courtesy - Autocar India.

Attachment 967854

SOURCE - Updated Polo coming soon | News | Autocar India
Well, the spy-shots have been out for quite some time now. Another BHP-ian, methecupid, had posted these pictures on another thread.

Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel also-polo_update.jpg
Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel also-1.jpg
Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel also-2.jpg

EDIT: The white test-mule was snapped by mohandasnikhil.

Last edited by Abhinav667 : 10th August 2012 at 18:12.
Old 30th August 2012, 22:47   #172
Senior - BHPian

Caught New Polo testing at Vashi Toll Plaza going towards Chembur yesterday in morning at 7:30 am with MH14 Pune temporary registration.

My observations:
  • The current head lamps on Polo have been smoked black which give a mean look to the car. Not the dual barrel ones same as in EU. Sad.
  • Tail lamp design appeared to be same.
  • Head Unit changed to the new one same as in Vento currently. Couldn't observe for steering mounted controls.
  • New 10 spokes alloy wheels. Looks great but will be cleaning headache with the amount of brake dust in every nook and corner.

Since I was the only one in the car, could just manage to take 2 pics while even managing driving my Vento. If somehow the VW personnel had stopped en-route would have talked to them with additional pics.

Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel also-29082012732.jpg

Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel also-29082012735.jpg

Hoping VW India launch new Polo during the festive season in Oct'12 which would be the right time as most people make their purchase during the auspicious period.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 30th August 2012 at 22:50.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 23:13   #173
BHPian

i must say, its one of the few cars that is doing its test runs without any weird make up on it.

Guys, any idea if there is any addition of any new features in this car? Or any news of a 1.5 l Diesel coming in for this car?
Old 31st August 2012, 02:37   #174
Senior - BHPian

I hope the New Polo is launched at existing prices, its not a VFM buy with the features available now, pushing it even further will be a disaster IMO.

I don't think the 1.5l will be launched anytime soon, it may come in 2014 when the new-gen Polo will be launched.

Cleaning those new alloys is gonna be tough! Especially the inner wheel
Old 31st August 2012, 07:45   #175
BHPian

I donot think Polo can be relaunched at existing prices. Probable reasons:
  • VW is currently losing Rs. 50,000 per Polo.

• VW has previously mentioned that they will re position themselves to more premium segment (like new Jetta is placed higher than all other rivals in its segment) and let Skoda play the VFM game. They will no longer compete with Maruti.

• The new EA 211 petrols (1.2 and 1.4 TSI - both 4 cyl) and EA 288 diesel (1.6 to 2.0 capacities - 4 cyl) are the new engine lineup for VW group lower marques. I am doubtful that a new engine will be created just for India. However. the older generation 2.0 TDI - 110 bhp engine is still available in India in Laura whereas the world over it has been replaced by the 140 bhp version. (110 bhp version is not Euro5 compatible)

Last edited by sarthakgupta : 31st August 2012 at 07:48.
Old 31st August 2012, 09:17   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
I donot think Polo can be relaunched at existing prices. Probable reasons:
  • VW is currently losing Rs. 50,000 per Polo.
I find that very hard to believe. It's been about 30 months since the Polo was launched in India. By a conservative average of about 2500 Polos sold per month, VW has already sold 75000 Polos in India. The losses for the company at Rs.50K per Polo would be astronomical. Maybe they are making 50K less per Polo than their target.
Old 31st August 2012, 09:57   #177
Senior - BHPian

According to ACI report, VW is planning to introduce an automatic Polo by year end. It is not known if it is going to be DSG or conventional auto or if the auto will be available on diesel or petrol.
Old 31st August 2012, 10:00   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
According to ACI report, VW is planning to introduce an automatic Polo by year end. It is not known if it is going to be DSG or conventional auto or if the auto will be available on diesel or petrol.

The reports on the AT is the Polo 1.6 petrol ( the Vento AT powertrain). Reports indicate the 1.4/1.5 TDI will launched in 2014!

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 31st August 2012 at 10:02.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 16:13   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The reports on the AT is the Polo 1.6 petrol ( the Vento AT powertrain). Reports indicate the 1.4/1.5 TDI will launched in 2014!

Cheers!
Well, it's here!

The Car And Bike Show’s Siddharth Vinayak Patankar has left a note on his official show page wall that Volkswagen India has launched the updated Polo and the Vento. Volkswagen India may not have confirmed it, but SVP is spot on with his messages. SVP shares a healthy relationship with VW and he was also the first person to break the news of the Jetta TSI.

Although, he hasn't posted any pictures he has posted some details about the facelift.The changes are as follows: -

- Black Headlamps
- New Alloys
- Sat-Nav
- Rear view camera
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Leather upholstery etc.

Surprisingly, despite the addition of all these features, Volkswagen has slashed the prices of both the cars by up-to Rs. 40,000. The Polo Highline Diesel now costs Rs. 6.94 lakhs, whereas the Vento Highline diesel now costs Rs. 9.89 lakhs. All prices are ex-showroom New Delhi.

SOURCE: http://www.facebook.com/cnbshow/posts/10151072449644563 & http://www.facebook.com/cnbshow/posts/10151072451434563
Abhinav667 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 16:56   #180
BHPian

Reports earlier indicated that a Polo 1.6 AT will be launched around Diwali. Then news came that the current Polo 1.6 manual production is stopped. Now, as part of this refresh, I do not see any news for Polo AT. Any idea if it will launch this year?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks