Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2011, 12:20   #46
BHPian

I am not sure if this is good or bad !

Its definitely good - these features were SORELY missing in both the lovely cars.
But its bad - because if they increase the price for just adding these features - then its a total rip off.
& what about the people who have already bought it !
Its an incomplete product that they are going to have to bear with !

Let me share an incident that happened with me :

Recently (about a month back) - when I was TD all sorts of cars because I was looking for a family sedan.
After having done the Manza, D'zire, Linea, SX4, Honda City, ANHV (only seen no TD)
I walked into the VW Downtown showroom at Prabhadevi, Worli, Mumbai.

There, in the casual conversation that we were having with the salesman - Mr. Rajiv -

I mentioned to him - that the lack of features in your highline version is really appalling ! Its a major let down.

To which he replies - Sir - we can provide all this, but it costs. It will shoot up the cost by about 50k and for that we will then have to compromise on the quality.
Our thick metal, excellent paint which comes with 6 years anti-rust warranty and anti-corrosive warranty. So we are giving you a very high quality car at lower prices already Sir.
Sir, I assure you - you will never get bored of our car.

That DID it.

I snapped back and said - if I buy a Vento, I will own it for a minimum of 5 years which is much lesser than the warranty of paint you are providing. And in these 5 years, every other car on the road, including the ones my friends will own , will have, rather already has steering mounted audio controls, driver info system and in a year maybe even touchscreen modules with navigation and you still say I will NOT get bored driving this plain vanilla of a car ? Where even in the highline I hardly get any features to talk about ?
You expect me not to get bored looking at the paint quality every day or look below the chassis and see that there is no rust ?

After which he was silent and later did admit that not all people are able to weight out so accurately.
Most people just walk in and buy Vento because of the VW brand value and very little.

(we had even discussed that the petrol engine was not smooth and the NVH levels were quite high for a petrol engine)

Last edited by GTO : 17th August 2011 at 14:35. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 13th August 2011, 11:31   #47
BHPian

Re: Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel

Anyone with any updates? I've been wanting to buy a Polo 1.6 Highline for the last 2 months but have waited patiently in the hope that this updated Polo will be available soon. In fact now I am getting such a good deal, that I wonder if it's worth waiting. Does anyone have any information/guesses? Any suggestions? Should I get the car this month itself at a really good price, or should I wait for the new car if it's just around the corner?
Old 13th August 2011, 11:59   #48
Team-BHP Support

Re: Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtm_8055 View Post
Anyone with any updates? I've been wanting to buy a Polo 1.6 Highline for the last 2 months but have waited patiently in the hope that this updated Polo will be available soon. In fact now I am getting such a good deal, that I wonder if it's worth waiting. Does anyone have any information/guesses? Any suggestions? Should I get the car this month itself at a really good price, or should I wait for the new car if it's just around the corner?
If you are getting a good deal then take it. Spend the money saved on some good accessories. The petrol engine isn't being changed at all, and you can get a nice touchscreen with bluetooth etc.
Old 13th August 2011, 12:27   #49
Senior - BHPian

Agree with akshay1234. There is no official confirmation of this yet and I dont think so these features are going to be available on the polo anytime soon. I checked the 1.6 polo while I was picking up my Vento and noticed the music system is a little different from what is being offered in the Vento. I didnt get an opportunity to check it out in detail, but can you let me know if the 1.6 polo has a different music system than the 1.2 versions and the vento?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtm_8055 View Post
Old 13th August 2011, 12:59   #50
Team-BHP Support

So finally, the under-cooked Polo gets some equipment!

These features should have been available right from the start. I wonder what VW were thinking when they launched the Polo with almost no additional features.

The new diesel lump is a great addition too! 3-pot lumps just don't cut it these days, diesel/petrol motors notwithstanding.

The Polo's weakness seems to have been dealt with, by VW. And it's high time it comes with these features, with the likes of the i20 and the Punto being available with great features and equipment. Heck, even the Jazz, which is considered to be under equipped, comes with steering mounted audio controls!

And finally, the Polo will live up to its 'premium' hatch tag!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 13th August 2011 at 13:01.
Old 13th August 2011, 13:22   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I checked the 1.6 polo while I was picking up my Vento and noticed the music system is a little different from what is being offered in the Vento.
Might be as the result of another Cost-cutting.
As Now a days Polo & Vento are undergoing cost cutting exercise due to Rising Input costs & increasing localisation levels.
VW has already done the following cost cutting changes;
-Missin Rear Power windows controls on Driver's Armrest.
-Missing Remote operated Power window controls.
-New Wheel covers with Simple No-frill design.
-Gear-knob without Chrome Applique/Trim.
-Missing Chrome trim on Headlamp Switch.
Haven't came across other changes yet. I'm sure it must be having another changes also.
Old 13th August 2011, 17:51   #52
BHPian

1.5L TDI power plant churning out 94bhp! :O .. Welcome everyone to the most powerful diesel hatchback in our market. Competition beware! And if it turns out to be as well-engineered like the Vento TDI. This could be the game-changer for VW. Eagerly looking forward to this one.
Old 13th August 2011, 21:56   #53
Senior - BHPian

The production of Polo 1.6 for the indian market has stopped and dealers are clearing the stock before the limited endition POLO SPORTS 1.6 with body kits is brought out to clear the stock in the factory yard!

forget about Polo GTI ever being brought to india.

we have seen Palio 1.6......and now Polo 1.6 becoming endangered species!
Old 13th August 2011, 23:40   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
The production of Polo 1.6 for the indian market has stopped and dealers are clearing the stock before the limited endition POLO SPORTS 1.6 with body kits is brought out to clear the stock in the factory yard!
Would this limited edition Sports version by any chance have those steering mounted controls and blue tooth as stated in the beginning of this thread?

I thought the 1.6 was doing quite well for Polo.. why should they stop it?? Much worried.. was thinking of the 1.6 for some time now!
Old 13th August 2011, 23:48   #55
BHPian

Quote:

First time I am hearing about something of this sort. Can you verify this information? How reliable is your source?
Old 14th August 2011, 00:30   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

This is BAD ! Are the sales of the 1.6 a reason to scrap the production ?! Looks like the enthusiasts in India doesn't have much chances !
Old 14th August 2011, 09:21   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Just to clear the statement . Are you saying that polo 1.6 would be replaced by the polo 1.6 sports edition ?
or saying that polo 1.6 would be replaced by polo 1.6 sport as a limited edition to sell it out completely . ?
Old 14th August 2011, 09:45   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Just to clear the statement . Are you saying that polo 1.6 would be replaced by the polo 1.6 sports edition ?
or saying that polo 1.6 would be replaced by polo 1.6 sport as a limited edition to sell it out completely . ?
I guess Polo 1.6 has decent demands. Last week when I checked with Viraj Automobiles in Noida, they said it has waiting period of 45 days.
Old 14th August 2011, 16:31   #59
Team-BHP Support

That is sad news for enthusiasts out there. Including me.

My eyes were set on the Polo 1.6 and I was hoping to acquire one sometime soon.

But at the end of the day, it's a business, for VW. And the 1.6 is not going to help their sales-charts at the end of the year. Car companies know that it is the dirty-fuel that talks these days. With petrol going above 70 in Bangalore, (it's just going to go up from here), it doesn't make sense for many people, who would be happier spending lesser on fuel.

And that's why, the 1.5 diesel would be a smart move by VW. Yes, the 1.6 may depart (I'm not going to believe it until it actually does), but the 1.5 will be a decently-powerful and cheaper-to-run alternative.

The 'actual' good move by VW is if they do introduce a Polo with more equipment. That is what would sell. And while they're at it, perhaps they should look at improving their service-network. And then they would have their plans sorted, and be ready for a proper 'masses' car.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 14th August 2011 at 16:34.
Old 15th August 2011, 08:48   #60
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

But, can any one share any information related to when is this 1.5l diesel is expected(no guess work please, however unconfirmed reports should be fine). We read few thing in media and then suddenly I don't see/hear any news on this.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks