Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2011, 12:15   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Is there any news regarding this new Polo Diesel 1.5 L ?
There is a definite plan on the launch( dealers are aware), however the million dollar question on the date of launch is unkown.

Guess it would be in first half of 2012!

Cheers,
Old 19th October 2011, 12:28   #107
BHPian

Re: Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
There is a definite plan on the launch( dealers are aware), however the million dollar question on the date of launch is unkown.

Guess it would be in first half of 2012!

Cheers,
Thanks for the quick response .
Oh well so would the smart Sales executives in the showroom would disclose anything , if I go to them asking for the same .?

Any contacts that you have ?
Old 19th October 2011, 12:37   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Oh well so would the smart Sales executives in the showroom would disclose anything , if I go to them asking for the same .?
Any contacts that you have ?
I quoted the info received from a SE, but they are not aware of the date of launch,etc.

Cheers!
Old 20th October 2011, 12:23   #109
Senior - BHPian

For me, the biggest negative on the Polo TDi is that 3 pot engine. It is just not done in a premium hatch. And I wonder why VW India is delaying the rumoured 1.5L 4 cylinder Diesel. With Maruti in trouble, I feel VW should up the ante. It is perfect time for stealing market share.

I recall Hormazd making a comment on the Autocar India show about Wolfsburg asking VW India to go slow with new launches, upgrades etc. Wonder whether that's the reason for this delay.

Last edited by deetjohn : 20th October 2011 at 12:28. Reason: Spellcheck
Old 21st October 2011, 17:10   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
For me, the biggest negative on the Polo TDi is that 3 pot engine. It is just not done in a premium hatch. And I wonder why VW India is delaying the rumoured 1.5L 4 cylinder Diesel. With Maruti in trouble, I feel VW should up the ante. It is perfect time for stealing market share.
Exactly. In fact everyone should have upped the ante with Maruti in trouble. VW in particular with the Polo, Hyundai with a revamped i20 to sort out existing issues, Toyota with a decently packaged Liva-D and Nissan with a safety-equipped diesel Micra. Sadly, no one has bothered to make inroads and we are still at square one. Even the festive season hasn't had any impact on these car makers. The Swift seems to be the best diesel small car - all factors considered (except boot space).

Last edited by fuel_addict : 21st October 2011 at 17:12.
Old 22nd October 2011, 20:32   #111
BHPian

I was told by a dealer dude in mumbai that the 1.5 is indeed coming next year. He also mentioned that the GOLF will be launched soon. This will be priced between the vento and the jetta. I asked him if people will pay that much for a hatch and he thinks VW is confident about it.

I have my doubts. It would be much easier to just get the polo gti. Come on vdub. Let us have the gti!
HKap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2011, 00:15   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKap View Post
I was told by a dealer dude in mumbai that the 1.5 is indeed coming next year. He also mentioned that the GOLF will be launched soon. This will be priced between the vento and the jetta. I asked him if people will pay that much for a hatch and he thinks VW is confident about it.

I have my doubts. It would be much easier to just get the polo gti. Come on vdub. Let us have the gti!

Isn't the Golf more expensive than the Jetta internationally?
Old 23rd October 2011, 18:20   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Isn't the Golf more expensive than the Jetta internationally?
The base golf starts at about a grand or two less than the jetta in the US.
Old 24th October 2011, 00:44   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKap View Post
The base golf starts at about a grand or two less than the jetta in the US.
Nope, the Golf is about 1k more than the Jetta in the US. I just checked and in the UK the Golf is cheaper than the Jetta. I guess this is because the US/Canadian MK6 Jettas are different from the ones in Europe and India.
Old 24th October 2011, 00:50   #115
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone enquire what would be the increase in prices once the Polo is launched with the 1.5ltr diesel engine ?

Considering the car would no longer be eligible for excise benefits due to engine capacity will it be a huge increase like 80k to a lakh ?
Old 24th October 2011, 00:56   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Did anyone enquire what would be the increase in prices once the Polo is launched with the 1.5ltr diesel engine ?

Considering the car would no longer be eligible for excise benefits due to engine capacity will it be a huge increase like 80k to a lakh ?
I believe the benefits are for cars with a Petrol engine smaller than 1.2 or a Diesel engine smaller than 1.5. I'm guessing the increase would be around 50--75k?

Last edited by khanak : 24th October 2011 at 00:59.
Old 24th October 2011, 01:08   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I believe the benefits are for cars with a Petrol engine smaller than 1.2 or a Diesel engine smaller than 1.5. I'm guessing the increase would be around 50--75k?
My bad! The law says 'not exceeding 1500cc for diesel engines' so Polo will still get the excise benefits. If its a 75k increase, will take it to 9.5 lakhs in bangalore hope they hike up the prices only by 50k and not more
Old 24th October 2011, 23:34   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

Last time I've heard, the price rise expected was around Rs.35k with deducting all the excise benefits, etc.
VW is delaying the introduction of the 1.5 TDi engine for Polo as there's very specific reason behind that & i.e the Localization programe.
Since Polo, Vento are the cars for masses here, So after localizing their basic components, now VW-India is working on Localization of its engines to reduce their Maintenance, Component & Ownership costs with their easy Spare part availability.
So, expect the Polo 1.5 TDi to be sedately priced from day1 alongwith its lighter on wallet ownership costs.
CRtorquefan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2011, 21:26   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Last time I've heard, the price rise expected was around Rs.35k with deducting all the excise benefits, etc.
VW is delaying the introduction of the 1.5 TDi engine for Polo as there's very specific reason behind that & i.e the Localization programe.
Since Polo, Vento are the cars for masses here, So after localizing their basic components, now VW-India is working on Localization of its engines to reduce their Maintenance, Component & Ownership costs with their easy Spare part availability.
So, expect the Polo 1.5 TDi to be sedately priced from day1 alongwith its lighter on wallet ownership costs.
Hey CRTorquefan , is this information obtained from Genuine sources ? some inside news within the company or similar which a prospective buyer can resort to ?

Your reply shall be greatly appreciated .
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:05   #120
Senior - BHPian

Simple question - Is the polo 1.5 tdi finally coming or not ??? & i mean in this lifetime. (i have not gone through the last page of this thread so incase some one has answered already, pardon me for that)
We are desperately in need of a good-looking diesel hatch and nothing comes close to the polo PROVIDED it came with the 1.5 tdi 95hp engine.
So no speculations please, any authentic info on when it might actually make it here ?...i mean is it worth waiting ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed