Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:17   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
So no speculations please, any authentic info on when it might actually make it here ?...i mean is it worth waiting ?

Dealers are aware of the Polo1.5 tdi. That itself is a good sign. They do say expected launch will be the the first half of 2012. Well they too could be speculating, but that is the closet we could get!

Cheers!
Old 2nd November 2011, 12:00   #122
Senior - BHPian

Re: Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Well they too could be speculating, but that is the closet we could get!
Well the fact that they said first half of 2012 and that they have heard of it instead of 'no idea/no clue' seems positive enough. Now all i hope it that they havnt heard of it from speculating customers itself !

Thanks anyway
Old 5th November 2011, 21:20   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Hey CRTorquefan , is this information obtained from Genuine sources ? some inside news within the company or similar which a prospective buyer can resort to ?
You can assume that.
Localization news is confirmed from that source & 1.5 TDi info is written itself here on this thread.
I'm also eagerly waiting for that car, that's exploring each & every possible corner to extract the Info about it.

VW is hugely committed to Indian Market & their Massive localization program will benefit them from their upcoming 'UP' till 'Passat' & from their upcoming 'Seat' brand till 'Audi'.
CRtorquefan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 15:29   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen to launch a more powerful diesel Polo?

A couple of sites are reporting this:

Quote:
Our sources confirm that Volkswagen has been evaluating the market for a more powerful diesel Polo with its existing 1.6-litre diesel block which is available on the Vento. The 1.6-litre diesel Polo will be sold along with the existing 75bhp 1.2-litre Polo diesel.
Volkswagen mulls launch of powerful diesel Polo - CarWale News

If everyone remembers, a diesel Polo with steering-mounted controls was spotted testing back in June-July 2011. Rumors had it that VW had plonked the 1.6 D (or a detuned 1.5 D) from the Vento into the Polo for testing, which was soon to be launched to take on the Swift diesel, Punto diesel and the i20 diesel.

Of course, it will be more expensive than the top variant of the Polo which sells for ~8L in some parts of our country. How much more expensive I wonder, since it will encroach on sedan territory and just might make the Skoda Rapid seem a better proposition.

VW needs to be careful with the pricing of this one, when they launch it.

Last edited by GTO : 7th December 2011 at 15:50. Reason: One credit is enough
Old 7th December 2011, 15:37   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen to launch a more powerful diesel Polo?

This speculation seems to be going on for quite some time.
Also it says VW seeing ways of increasing the local content to bring the costs comparable to the segment!
Guess it could be the 1.4 /1.5 l engine, tending to believe would be a 1.4 TDI.
Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th December 2011 at 15:46.
Old 7th December 2011, 15:39   #126
BHPian

1.6 litre engine diesel on the Polo will be a kind of overkill as it won't qualify the 1.5 litre criteria for diesel cars to have the tax benefit. The already expensive Polo will get pricer. The appeal then will be limited to performance oriented people only.
It would be wiser to have a 1.5 litre engine if they expect volumes and price it below 8 lakhs.
Old 7th December 2011, 15:41   #127
Team-BHP Support

Don't we already have a thread for this?

If it comes with 105bhp diesel, I'm canceling my swift zdi booking for sure. but I guess it may be detuned for polo.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th December 2011 at 15:43.
Old 7th December 2011, 15:53   #128
BHPian

Well, the current 1.2L diesel costs around 8 odd lakhs OTR Mumbai. Which IMO, is too much for a simple hatchback. The 1.5 would obviously cost a little more than the 1.2, because of the engine and the steering controls and a little extra features.
If VW prices the 1.5 properly, only then will it be a good buy. But looking at the current prices, even the 1.2 is a pretty pricey car.
Old 7th December 2011, 21:47   #129
Senior - BHPian

Slightly off topic. Does anyone see the price of the current 1.2L coming down in the near future, or when the 1.5L/1.6L pitches in?

In my opinion, the current 1.2L Polos are too pricey, especially the diesels. Neither do they offer the punch nor does it sport high end features, then why the astronomical price? Isn't the Polo the segment leaders when coming to price? Volkswagen, why alone on the Polo, you are stubborn on the price, and not on the options? Not at all a 'folks-wagon'.
Old 8th December 2011, 10:35   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Don't we already have a thread for this?

If it comes with 105bhp diesel, I'm canceling my swift zdi booking for sure. but I guess it may be detuned for polo.
Yes its going to be detuned for the polo to 94bhp. Sufficient nonetheless. Am pretty sure it will be as quick or marginally quicker than the i20 crdi and take circles around the punto 90hp. I wouldn't even be surprised if it managed to give the 1.6 petrol a run for its money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Well, the current 1.2L diesel costs around 8 odd lakhs OTR Mumbai. Which IMO, is too much for a simple hatchback. The 1.5 would obviously cost a little more than the 1.2, because of the engine and the steering controls and a little extra features.
If VW prices the 1.5 properly, only then will it be a good buy. But looking at the current prices, even the 1.2 is a pretty pricey car.

I agree that it is over-priced but my gut feel is that when the 1.5 tdi comes in, VW will drop prices of the 1.2 diesel a tad. If reports are to be believed then the 1.5 tdi will only come in the highline trim so dropping prices of the 1.2 diesel variants makes sense for more accessibility to prospective customers.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 13:00   #131
Senior - BHPian

Something rather strange has been happening over the past few days, VW dealers have been calling me and asking me to TD the Polo!! they woke up precisely 3 months after i went to the showrooms asking for a TD.

Does anyone know for sure if the 1.5d launch is around the corner ? I have a gut feeling we may see a Jan-end or early feb launch, only this can explain the sudden change in VW dealers attitude and the 50k discount on the highline.
The Punto with a 90HP heart costs 50k more than the 76hp one, will be interesting to see how the Polo 1.5 is priced.
Old 15th January 2012, 13:38   #132
BHPian

This good news indeed. I just hope they get the pricing right. If they reduce the price of the 1.2D and price the 1.5 somewhat similar to the current diesel, then maybe the pricing can work for some people. But if they price it higher than the current 1.2, It will reach 10L territory which is seriously high considering that the Polo, after all is a hatchback.
Old 15th January 2012, 14:06   #133
Senior - BHPian

With the 1.5 TDI / 1.6 TDI, any chances of an auto transmission also? In petrol or diesel?

Also a cozin is buying the 1.2TDI, if the news of the 1.5 are true will ask him to wait a few weeks, it would make sense for them to have 1.2 in TL and CL and maybe 1.5/1.6 in HL?

Regards,

P.S - any chances of TSI engines also? Its high time,
Old 15th January 2012, 19:39   #134
Senior - BHPian

I honestly dont think any of these are going to happen. This 1.5 news is doing the rounds for more than an year now but nothing has materialized so far.

I would give all these a pass and look at the other options. Polo isnt exactly setting the sales chart on fire, hence the change of attitude from the dealer. Recollect the period when honda dealers used to say "It's a Honda"?
Old 16th January 2012, 13:00   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I honestly dont think any of these are going to happen. This 1.5 news is doing the rounds for more than an year now but nothing has materialized so far.

I would give all these a pass and look at the other options. Polo isnt exactly setting the sales chart on fire, hence the change of attitude from the dealer. Recollect the period when honda dealers used to say "It's a Honda"?
With all due respect, I beg to differ. The upgrade is going to come soon, be it just some feature tweaks such as steering controls and parking sensors, but an upgrade IS on its way. Its just a matter of time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed