Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2011, 15:20   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel

Yesterday I saw a silver polo with TC plates parked outside a Skoda dealership on NH4. Interesting thing was, it had a body kit.
Is it a body-kitted "hot" version ? (1.6 Petrol) Any inside info on this ? Noopster ?
Old 12th September 2011, 11:17   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel

VW dealers ( Vidyut Motors ) infomed the uplifted 'Vento' would be available on display in a day or two.

Polo upflit too would be realesed but the date in not yet known.

Cheers!
Old 13th September 2011, 23:57   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
VW dealers ( Vidyut Motors ) infomed the uplifted 'Vento' would be available on display in a day or two.

Polo upflit too would be realesed but the date in not yet known.

Cheers!
Is this the "Breeze" version the dealer was referring to or the original uplift with steering mounted controls etc.,?
Old 14th September 2011, 00:13   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Yesterday I saw a silver polo with TC plates parked outside a Skoda dealership on NH4. Interesting thing was, it had a body kit.
Is it a body-kitted "hot" version ? (1.6 Petrol) Any inside info on this ? Noopster ?
I hope that's true.

In fact, I hope VW decides to plonk the 1.6 diesel mill from the Vento into the Polo's engine bay. That should shut up the Punto 90 hp for some time, I believe! As far as I know, VW offers skirts and a spoiler as optional-equipment. But one can haggle and get the price of the kit down, I suppose. I'm not sure.
Old 14th September 2011, 09:38   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I hope that's true.

As far as I know, VW offers skirts and a spoiler as optional-equipment. But one can haggle and get the price of the kit down, I suppose. I'm not sure.
Yes it is in sold as optional in the Sports kit. Seem a bit pricey for the same.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Is this the "Breeze" version the dealer was referring to or the original uplift with steering mounted controls etc.,?

No it is not the 'Breeze' Version. But this is yet to be announced , possibilty may be in the festive season! Not sure though on the timing but could be soon as the Vento has been released with similar controls.

Cheers!

Last edited by Vid6639 : 14th September 2011 at 09:44. Reason: Merging posts. Kindly refrain from posting back to back posts within 30mins.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 09:54   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
In fact, I hope VW decides to plonk the 1.6 diesel mill from the Vento into the Polo's engine bay. That should shut up the Punto 90 hp for some time, I believe!
Wouldn't we all love that? A Polo with the Vento's diesel engine and a Punto with the T-Jet's engine.

Polo with a 1.5 TDi sounds more realistic considering excise benefits for diesel cars under 1500 cc. But that doesn't seem to be coming either .
Old 14th September 2011, 10:06   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Wouldn't we all love that? A Polo with the Vento's diesel engine and a Punto with the T-Jet's engine.

Polo with a 1.5 TDi sounds more realistic considering excise benefits for diesel cars under 1500 cc. But that doesn't seem to be coming either .
Oh yes, we'd love that!

I don't think VW would be looking to take advantage of excise benefits if they plan to plonk in the largest diesel mill they have. The 1.6 doesn't benefit from anything, so what's stopping them from giving us the 1.6 diesel. After all, the Polo is a 'premium' hatch. Give it some premium engines, for crying out loud! Be done with the 3-pot mills VW, what gives?
Old 22nd September 2011, 14:40   #83
BHPian

Well going through the thread & pics i see the following things might be included in the upgraded version:-

1. Steering Controls
2. Bluetooth
3. Automatic ORV Mirrors
4. More powerful 1.5 TDi motor (4 Pot - 94 Bhp)
5. Some garnishing like smoke headlights or side skirting (I sincerely doubt this !)

All this possible at an additional cost of 35K !!!

No comments or evidence in the pics of:-
1. climate control
2. all 4 disc brakes
3. removing or reducing the transmission hump in the rear bay
4. beige interior trims similar to the vento

Please let me know if I got everything, that we are all speculating about.
Now can someone please quote my thread & confirm this for all of us....
Old 23rd September 2011, 17:29   #84
BHPian

Source : IAB

Volkswagen has updated the Vento Highline model in India with five important features – rear parking sensors, steering mounted audio controls, leather wrapped steering wheel and USB socket situated in the glovebox. With these new features, price of the Highline trim climbs up by close to 20k rupees.
Attached Thumbnails
Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel also-.jpg  

Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel also-b.jpg  

Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel also-c.jpg  

Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel also-d.jpg  

Y@SH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 19:07   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Source : IAB

Volkswagen has updated the Vento Highline model in India with five important features – rear parking sensors, steering mounted audio controls, leather wrapped steering wheel and USB socket situated in the glovebox. With these new features, price of the Highline trim climbs up by close to 20k rupees.
Wow! Great! Any ideas if the Polo Highline is also getting any of these goodies?

And do I see Bluetooth controls on the steering wheel too?

Last edited by sids911 : 23rd September 2011 at 19:09.
Old 23rd September 2011, 19:13   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Wow! Great! Any ideas if the Polo Highline is also getting any of these goodies?

As of now according to sources this is only for the vento. Yeah I guess those are the bluetooth controls! Well done VW but please launch them on the Polo as well.
Old 24th September 2011, 13:41   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure though, understand the Polo 1.2 diesel highline will have the steering mounted controls soon. its told by the dealer but no official announcement yet!

cheers,
Old 24th September 2011, 16:28   #88
Senior - BHPian

The car only has bluetooth control on the steering, no bluetooth module though. This is just a dummy switch!

Bluetooth module can be added to the setup but then they are terribly expensive. May be VW has reserved it for the next upgrade when it comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
As of now according to sources this is only for the vento. Yeah I guess those are the bluetooth controls!
Old 25th September 2011, 02:13   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Not sure though, understand the Polo 1.2 diesel highline will have the steering mounted controls soon. its told by the dealer but no official announcement yet!

cheers,
Anything on the cards for the Polo 1.6? Did your dealer mention anything?
Old 25th September 2011, 16:17   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Anything on the cards for the Polo 1.6? Did your dealer mention anything?
Understand no changes or upgrade for the 1.6. Knowing VW you never know what they are upto! If upgrades are being offered it would be during the festive season.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks