Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2011, 01:01   #91
BHPian

Re: Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Understand no changes or upgrade for the 1.6. Knowing VW you never know what they are upto! If upgrades are being offered it would be during the festive season.

Cheers!
Was waiting all this while hoping there would be something on the 1.6. Guess there is no point waiting.. even the discounts and freebies are the same.. no change to that as well..
Old 26th September 2011, 07:54   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel

Quote:
The car only has bluetooth control on the steering, no bluetooth module though. This is just a dummy switch!

Bluetooth module can be added to the setup but then they are terribly expensive. May be VW has reserved it for the next upgrade when it comes.
What the crap !!. Do they have to upgrade in patches !!. Next they will give the bluetooth module and no connection between the module and the switch and say it will be done in next upgrade.
Old 26th September 2011, 13:05   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Guess there is no point waiting.. even the discounts and freebies are the same.. no change to that as well..
Infact I had booked the 1.6 a few weeks back, put on hold thinking there would be an upgrade, but now have decided to not wait for them. Only the worthwhile in the upgrade(when ever available) would be the steering controls. But it is not a 'must to have' feature and can live without it!

Cheers!
Old 26th September 2011, 19:00   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Infact I had booked the 1.6 a few weeks back, put on hold thinking there would be an upgrade, but now have decided to not wait for them. Only the worthwhile in the upgrade(when ever available) would be the steering controls. But it is not a 'must to have' feature and can live without it!
Cheers!
Same here but now am waiting for the Brio to see how it compares in the FTD factor vs. the Polo 1.6.. hence not booked yet and am hoping there are some new schemes come October..
Old 26th September 2011, 23:51   #95
Senior - BHPian

From what I heard recently is that the polo comfortline now comes with that CD Mp3 stereo. True?
Old 28th September 2011, 23:13   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
From what I heard recently is that the polo comfortline now comes with that CD Mp3 stereo. True?
@sidindica Yes the specifications of polo diesel variants have been upgraded along with Vento diesel

new polo gets reverse parking sensors on TDI Highline
Comfortline gets Radio with CD player with 4 speakers
all the above addons are with price increase of around 10000.check the official specification sheet provided by VW Downtown Bangalore
Attached Thumbnails
Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel also-1polo-spec.jpg  

f@lcon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 00:59   #97
Senior - BHPian

I thought with some stiff new competition (new Swift), VW may add some features to the Polo at the same price point. But the prices have gone up! Rs.7.25L ex-showroom for the Polo diesel Highline?

To put things in perspective, for that price in Cochin, you can take home a Swift ZDi, and then have some cash left over too for the party!! And my friend is being offered Punto 90HP at that price - OTR (after discounts). Taxes in Bangalore are really high, but still I guess the difference in OTR prices between these cars would be the same as in Kerala - Swift ZDi would be cheaper by around Rs.1L OTR and the Punto 90HP by about 70K OTR?
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:24   #98
Senior - BHPian

Polo Sports will be on display at AutoExpo 2012 New Delhi.
Old 3rd October 2011, 05:07   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Is it the 1.5l Diesel or a different variant?
Old 3rd October 2011, 09:13   #100
BHPian

Quote:
More details, please!

Is this the 1.2TSI GTI that was discussed earlier in the thread? Will it have manual transmission or DSG? And will it only be displayed or will it also come on sale sometime next year, maybe as a replacement for the 1.6 Polo?
Old 3rd October 2011, 09:54   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any source for this information? As long as i know there is nothing like Polo sports in VW Product portfolio.
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:13   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Is there any source for this information? As long as i know there is nothing like Polo sports in VW Product portfolio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjacob View Post
More details, please!

Is this the 1.2TSI GTI that was discussed earlier in the thread? Will it have manual transmission or DSG? And will it only be displayed or will it also come on sale sometime next year, maybe as a replacement for the 1.6 Polo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Is it the 1.5l Diesel or a different variant?
every automobile company in india launches "Sports or Sportz" versions now and then, or when they have to clear the stock which is not selling in large numbers or make way for new models.

Polo 1.6 will be displayed with body kits and graphics, nothing esle!

no 1.2 TSI, no Polo GTI...please dont expect anything besides the current 1.6 dressed as Polo Sport.

all i can is you can relate to the Polo Cup 1.6 diesel as polo sport with similar body styling body kit.

drive safe.
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:55   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f@lcon View Post
.check the official specification sheet provided by VW Downtown Bangalore
Man, polo is one expensive car. jazz looks like VFM. The 1.6 HL, has gone up by 40k, since launch.
And why would any one pay, a lakh and 30 thousand for diesel over petrol?!?!
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:06   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I thought with some stiff new competition (new Swift), VW may add some features to the Polo at the same price point. But the prices have gone up! Rs.7.25L ex-showroom for the Polo diesel Highline?

To put things in perspective, for that price in Cochin, you can take home a Swift ZDi, and then have some cash left over too for the party!! And my friend is being offered Punto 90HP at that price - OTR (after discounts). Taxes in Bangalore are really high, but still I guess the difference in OTR prices between these cars would be the same as in Kerala - Swift ZDi would be cheaper by around Rs.1L OTR and the Punto 90HP by about 70K OTR?
Exactly my thoughts. 8.8L OTR for the HL is insane. That too for a noisy 3 pot diesel engine and a car without ACC, steering controls and a mediocre OEM music system. VW is commanding a very steep asking price just for the brand name. And the engine technology is a generation old!
Old 19th October 2011, 12:12   #105
BHPian

Hello Folks ,

Is there any news regarding this new Polo Diesel 1.5 L ? I was planning to buy one for me . I dont want to be surprised by this model getting launched the next day I register my car
Any inside news regarding this would be really helpful .

Cheers
Rejoy
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks