Old 11th November 2011, 09:29   #226

Re: Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6

Ever since I saw Fortuner in Thailand around 5 years back, I fell in love with the car. I wanted to buy, but had to return to India.

After several months of wait, Fortuner was launched in India, but no AT version.

I am eagerly waiting for the AT Fortuner and hope with this refresh, the Toyota team also launches the AT box with the Fortuner.

Toyota team, are you listening to us ?
Old 11th November 2011, 09:59   #227

Sorry, what made you think that the Fortuner will be a success in fleet market? And why an SUV for the fleet market? Something wrong there!
I dont think anything is wrong!
If you see in MUmbai, many fleet companeis have ENdeavours and Captiva's used for fleet duty. Some even have X-trails.

If the 2.5 fortuner is priced less or in line with Endeavour then the choice is obvious right?
fx45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 10:06   #228

Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
I dont think anything is wrong!
If you see in MUmbai, many fleet companeis have ENdeavours and Captiva's used for fleet duty. Some even have X-trails.

If the 2.5 fortuner is priced less or in line with Endeavour then the choice is obvious right?

Totally agree. The Fortuner priced right with the 2WD MT version would definately find takers in the Fleet Market. The low cost of maintianence, reliablity, vast dealer network, good warranty - all of them are favourable to the Taxi / Fleet Segment.

Case in point is the Innova. Popular in the segment for the above reasons. The other day I hired an Innova & happened to asked the driver, what mileage she had run. What he told me was that every time we cross 1 lac on the odo, we reset the meter to 0. This particular had 2,65,000 kms under its belt. (2 resets & showing 65k on the odo) Believe you me the car felt in perfect health even at that mileage.

Old 11th November 2011, 10:18   #229

Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
This particular had 2,65,000 kms under its belt. (2 resets & showing 65k on the odo) Believe you me the car felt in perfect health even at that mileage.
Last year we took an Innova from Jabalpur to Nagpur for an overnight journey to catch a early morning flight. All through the night we (3 adults and 1 child) never had any problems in the car and my daughter was able to sleep peacefully. In between we stopped for tea as it was very cold and i happen to see the odometer of the Innova, it was at 1,80,000 +. This in itself was a good enough reason for us to buy a Toyota.
Old 11th November 2011, 19:15   #230

We cant compare the XUV with the Fortuner.
The two come from totally different gene pool, family background, history..
These two cars are totally aimed for different markets (by the respective manufacturers)

Prove me wrong, for when the day comes - Toyota Launches the 2WD variant of the Fortuner (in the old Face/ current face version), and people will shell out a far cry that it is still overpriced!

If I were TKM, I would still sell the current gen version (maybe in a 2WD) trim & launch the New Facelifted version, simultaneously.
Old 12th November 2011, 18:36   #231

Courtesy: wicky3453
speed kills is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2011, 19:40   #232

Fantastic scoop , must be the auto box 2 wheel drive .
Old 12th November 2011, 22:30   #233

Are there some inside pictures of the one getting launched in India, i hope it comes with a small sporty gear shifter. The longer one is long lasting but shakes too much when you start the engine and does not feel sporty.

Still no approximate time when this might get launched, as per Nandi Toyota its far in future (minimum six months away). My take is when they start testing the launch is near (few months away) so Jan/Feb look like when we might see the new Fortuner.
Old 13th November 2011, 04:34   #234
MAS

@speedkills

Brilliant. Thank you very much for posting this video. The launch must be around the Auto Expo. Well, I guess I will talk to my Toyota guy and pay an advance now itself.

@mayan - looks like your Toyota dealer is not truthful. He would any day try not to lose out a customer for the current Fortuner..
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 12:38   #235

Just saw the test mule on mysore road. There were two of them. One was fortuner and the other was the camry. The t fort head lamp look more like corolla. Both were ripping at over 100 kmph
Old 14th November 2011, 01:19   #236

A user on the Facebook fan page it seems has spoken to the test mule driver : this may come in 2wd automatic and 4wd manual .
Old 14th November 2011, 08:53   #237

Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
A user on the Facebook fan page it seems has spoken to the test mule driver : this may come in 2wd automatic and 4wd manual .
Oh if this is true then I would feel very sad. They will keep the prices same in that case. I wish Toyota bring in a 2WD MT car which costs less then 20LOTR. They should indeed have different variants. Its strange for them to be selling only a single variant in the market for so long.
Old 14th November 2011, 11:30   #238

Oh if this is true then I would feel very sad. They will keep the prices same in that case. I wish Toyota bring in a 2WD MT car which costs less then 20LOTR. They should indeed have different variants. Its strange for them to be selling only a single variant in the market for so long.
I totally agree. Shaving off the AWD system and Auto Box would bring the price down at least by couple of lakhs. it would also aid in slightly better mileage, not that it matters much in this segment.

Bring it on Toyota.but don't take away the safety stuff. Have 6 air-bags in all variants + ABS + EBD + etc.
Old 14th November 2011, 11:31   #239
MAS

Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
I hope this is partially true. The 2WD Auto is definitely welcome, but the 2WD MT will be a good addition for the Fortuner.
Old 16th November 2011, 00:30   #240

AutoCar says about the Fortuner unveil in Auto Expo 2011

BIBIN004 is offline   (1) Thanks