Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2011, 10:48   #361
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Aaah, one more expert with vicarious opinions!

Do you understand what the phrase 'plagued with' means? Or are you repeating phrases that you have read elsewhere, since you have said that you haven't driven it enough?

You can say plagued with less than ideal brakes. As an owner, I would agree. But plagued with poor dynamics is an erroneous statement. Any person who compares its handling with a crossover's or sedan's is comparing apples to oranges. The Fortuner is a fantastic highway vehicle, ideal for our country where we can't rely on great roads.

OT: seems Fortuner bashers fall into two categories:

1. Sour grapes types, also known as the Fortuner Stalkers. I won't name the folks, but we know who they are - you will often find them on Fortuner threads passing comments.
(Yeah, we know the Fortuner is overpriced, and that Toyota is looting us because of the market dynamics. What to do?).

2. People who have a need to show how 'informed' they are by parroting other people's opinions to bash a vehicle they have little personal experience with.

Get a life guys.
Ah here we go again.

Sir,

Maybe you should take some time out and read the entire conversation, before you quote me out of context and call me a Fortuner basher? It's quite clear that you're an owner of a Fortuner who isn't happy with other's opinions, if it is directed at his (your) car.

For God's sake man, stop quoting me out of context. Do I have to keep repeating myself? Or aren't my posts clear enough. Or do you choose to blur out every thing else that I've said and harp on a few words? I haven't even once said that the Fortuner is a bad vehicle and I haven't bashed it at all.

I'm merely stating facts, and going by your post, it looks like you're the one with sour-grapes, feeling bad that your vehicle is shown in negative light (albeit slightly)

It is a fact that the Fortuner is dynamically not as sound as it could be. And it's quite clear that you're not ready to accept it. That's fine. But you're just going to be living in denial, while taking swings at people who are just stating facts.

I'm outta here.

EDIT: There is no point trying to have a clean and proper discussion with people who are bent upon proving you wrong all the time. (Monaro CV8 not included)

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st December 2011 at 10:55.
Old 21st December 2011, 10:58   #362
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6

Note from Mod : The 2012 Toyota Fortuner has been reviewed at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
The front grill gives me a funny feeling, reminds me of the comedy scenes in the movies where someone smokes a cigarette with a 'mini-bomb', which explodes with the smoker loosing his upper and lower lips, exposing the teeth
On the contrary, I liked the new exterior styling. Overall, I felt it’s a smart facelift
-----

On driving dynamics, being overpriced, Innova-style interiors etc. – I think it’s an overly discussed topic. Yes, the car is overpriced, but why the car is a huge hit in our market? IMHO, there is no able competition to the Fortuner at this moment. And no other car in this segment can offer the reliability or trustworthiness which a Toyota can provide. I personally find Toyota a bit boring to my taste, but if I am in the market for a do-it-all 7-seater SUV, the search will start and end in a Toyota showroom.

And just thinking – what if Toyota had launched the Fortuner in India before the Innova? They would have won praises for bringing a cheaper car with interiors from a segment above

Last edited by GTO : 22nd December 2011 at 19:40. Reason: Adding link to review
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed