Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2011, 21:04   #61
BHPian

re: Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6

Just saw pictures of the facelifted Toyota Fortuner in one of the sites.Not sure about the authenticity of the same.

2012 Toyota Fortuner First Pictures | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Courtsey :MotorBeam.com
Old 14th July 2011, 22:15   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota is showing the new Fortuner on its official website for Thailand. As said by one TKM official, changes are mainly cosmetic.

The features listed out is based on comparing new Fortuner’s images with the vehicle sold in India.

New Toyota Fortuner Front End Changes
  • Chrome slabs replace the brushed aluminium radiator grille
  • Fog lamp size has not changed but position and housing is different
  • Scuff plate lowered to under the bumper
  • Bonnet scoop features three vertical pillars instead of the current two
  • Pacman-type headlamp substituted by a Prado-style design
  • New taller and wider headlights feature washers, which is absent in the Indian Fortuner
  • Bumper now C-shaped and hugs the body closer
New Toyota Fortuner Rear End Changes
  • Rear bumper is new, features rectangular reflectors and rear scuff plate with rectangular engravings
  • Split tail light is V-shape
  • Chromed brand plate connects the the tail lamps
  • Fortuner brand name removed from under the left tail lamp and engine technology is shown instead
New Toyota Fortuner Interior Changes
  • Faux wood inserts replaced by a dark grey finish
  • Steering wheel is two-tone and buttons have been repositioned closer to the thumb
  • Blue background lighting for the speedometer
Mr Sandeep Singh, Deputy Managing Director of Toyota Kirloskar Motor recently responded exclusively to IndianAutosBlog.com’s query on the Fortuner facelift’s Indian launch date -

Quote:
As of now there is no need (for Innova and Fortuner facelift) as both the products are doing well. We are in discussion with TMC (Toyota Motor Corporation) for when we can get those cars. TMC launches products in phased manner. If you see today, Innova and Fortuner are doing very well. We will introduce them (facelifts) at the right time because changes are not big in terms of features. Changes are only cosmetic.
Mr Singh did not put in a tentative time line for the launch, but one can see it on or before the Auto Expo here in India.

SOURCE - IAB
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-toyotafortunerfacelift4.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-toyotafortunerfacelift2.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-toyotafortunerfacelift3.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-toyotafortunerfacelift5.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-toyotafortunerfacelift9.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-toyotafortunerfacelift8.jpg  

RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 22:22   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Man looking at these pics I feel the current fortuner looks a lot better then this. The exteriors look kind of confusing on this one with a little bit of this and that. The interiors do look a little more promising. I hope the new version comes with an AT box too.
Old 14th July 2011, 23:44   #64
BANNED

3 things very evident:

1. The removal of fake wood is similar to what Toyota does here to the Taxi grade Innovas which means the Fortuner is not positioned as a premium vehicle there, which is good.

2. The steering wheel is a straight lift from the Corolla/Camry.

3. The front end styling now makes the Fortuner look "Chinese" in appearance with an overdose of chrome.
Old 15th July 2011, 12:03   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Man looking at these pics I feel the current fortuner looks a lot better then this. The exteriors look kind of confusing on this one with a little bit of this and that. The interiors do look a little more promising. I hope the new version comes with an AT box too.
+1....I prefer the current Fortuner's rugged and somewhat unique looks.

Minor nitpick: I hate the faux wood (the colour as well as the cheap looking material), and don't like the grey/beige interiors. It would have been great if they had offered a black trim and built-in AVN.

@devnath: I thought you decided against the Fortuner...I guess you haven't stopped liking the vehicle :-)

Last edited by nilanjanray : 15th July 2011 at 12:09.
Old 15th July 2011, 12:31   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Everyone was saying it looked like a baby LC, and this is the result?
The front lights and grille gone soft, just like what happened to the Endeavour, why did Toyota made the Fortuner like this?
Old 15th July 2011, 12:51   #67
Senior - BHPian

Ugly gets uglier. That's all I can say.
Current T-Fort looks do not appeal to me at all. I know its VFM and all that but seriously, Toyota has something against the word "Beauty".
Old school Pajero looks much much better that this Giant running around with its skirts up.
download2live is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 13:14   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Minor nitpick: I hate the faux wood (the colour as well as the cheap looking material), and don't like the grey/beige interiors. It would have been great if they had offered a black trim and built-in AVN.
Even I hate this shade of light brown wood. But I checked out the new Altis last week and the new shade of wood is excellent. Its a very dark shade of brown, my sister called it walnut ( girls and colours! ).
It was going extremely well with the whole light coloured theme all around. So I hope they bring that on to the fortuner too!
Old 15th July 2011, 15:58   #69
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Like the new interior more.
Like the current front end more.
The rear incorporates the skirting kit in the bumper itself - good - but the shape of the rear tail lights dont impress.
Old 15th July 2011, 16:40   #70
Senior - BHPian

@download2live: I want to shake your hand...many people crib about the Fortuner about many things, but I must say that you have come up with a unique one - ugly :-)

@ACM: I think that there is a worldwide move towards making SUVs look less butch (for various and obvious reasons). The big daddies have 'suffered' from it - the Landcruiser 200, the new Nissan Patrol. Now the same design philosophy is flowing to the 'lesser' SUVs - Endy/Everest, Fortuner.

Personally speaking, I don't like the idea of making Dharmendras look like Jitendras :-)

Sent from my mobile device pls excuse typos
Old 15th July 2011, 16:59   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
@ACM: I think that there is a worldwide move towards making SUVs look less butch (for various and obvious reasons). The big daddies have 'suffered' from it - the Landcruiser 200, the new Nissan Patrol. Now the same design philosophy is flowing to the 'lesser' SUVs - Endy/Everest, Fortuner.
Personally speaking, I don't like the idea of making Dharmendras look like Jitendras :-)
On the other hand it's heartbreaking to see crossovers now using SUV style bodies, while SUVs are going soft in the style front. all they have now is the 'size' which is the intimidating factor. Early SUVs relied more on their boxy style than pure size to intimidate.
@download2live- would love to hear someone else also to make that comment "Tfort ugly?"
Though agree on you that the Pajero SFX remains the best looking SUV, you can't really call the Tfort ugly.
Old 15th July 2011, 17:37   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
On the other hand it's heartbreaking to see crossovers now using SUV style bodies, while SUVs are going soft in the style front.
Aah, such is life and human evolution. One sees the same trend in metros wth men and women. Soon all of us and our cars will become androgynous, and Darwin will be foxtrotting in his grave. I sometimes wonder whether this is a fad or whether this is part of evolution. I mean, you have 'chiknas' (and some women I know) trying to act super macho and cavemen trying to become all sensitive and empathetic. If it is happening with humans, why not with cars?

Last edited by nilanjanray : 15th July 2011 at 17:39.
Old 15th July 2011, 17:45   #73
AWD
BHPian

Interiors are outright BORING. Sure functional but too conservative & doesn't rake of quality. Modern designs have moved forward considerably.

Outlander diesel or new Pajero, new Mahindra SUV, etc. could give stiff competition.
Old 15th July 2011, 17:47   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Ugly gets uglier. That's all I can say.
Current T-Fort looks do not appeal to me at all. I know its VFM and all that but seriously, Toyota has something against the word "Beauty".
Old school Pajero looks much much better that this Giant running around with its skirts up.
This is why I love this forum. You get to read so many different expert views. You have to be the first one Sir who has called the fortuner ugly. I was under the belief that the only reason why it was selling so much was:
1. The looks
2. The looks
3. Toyota reliability
4. The looks
5. The looks
Old 15th July 2011, 17:58   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Interiors are outright BORING. Sure functional but too conservative & doesn't rake of quality. Modern designs have moved forward considerably.

Outlander diesel or new Pajero, new Mahindra SUV, etc. could give stiff competition.
If you give significant weightage to interiors (that can be easily fixed e.g. ICE upgrade and seat cover change), the Fortuner is not a good option. But I disagree that they are not quality. They are not upmarket/luxurious, but they do have decent, long lasting quality.

Outlander and Fortuner are in different categories. The Pajero Sport is a great vehicle, but knowing HM, they will again brilliantly screw up with one more quality offering.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 15th July 2011 at 18:08.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks