Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2011, 18:29   #76
AWD
BHPian

re: Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
If you give significant weightage to interiors (that can be easily fixed e.g. ICE upgrade and seat cover.But I disagree that they are not quality. They are not upmarket/luxurious, but they do have decent, long lasting quality. Outlander and Fortuner are in different categories.
Yes I do, Interiors are very important to me. After having bought a vehicle, 99.8% of the time one sits inside & interiors stare you stark in the face, more so if you use the front seats or drive most of the time.

I love my car loaded with OE accessories, ICE, leather seat covers, etc. don't improve the overall feel for me. A good dash design, with quality materials does.

Agreed materials used are long lasting but that's not enough "now". This being a common factor these days. Actually Im pretty bored with the dash design because have been seeing it since Innova weared them.

Outlander is a capable vehicle, sure its not ladder on frame/old school but monocoque I guess. So, that's ideally better, you get a modern day vehicle. Diesel Outlander at right price has the capability to attract Fortuners consumers. Moreover max. SUV buyers in India buy it for the "bling", only a handful use the SUV part & Outlander carries oodles of bling.
Old 15th July 2011, 18:36   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Yes I do, Interiors are very important to me. After having bought a vehicle, 99.8% of the time one sits inside & interiors stare you stark in the face, more so if you use the front seats or drive most of the time.

Moreover max. SUV buyers in India buy it for the "bling", only a handful use the SUV part & Outlander carries oodles of bling.
Different strokes for different people. For me, interiors should be functional and 'good enough'. I care more for real capabilities - which, for me, mean allround capabilities. I don't really care for 'bling', as you put it. A cheap 4WD jeep or Gypsy for sport offroading bashing + a Sedan/hatchback for daily/highway use won't work for me, given what I like to do with a SUV.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 15th July 2011 at 18:44.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 18:47   #78
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
If you give significant weightage to interiors (that can be easily fixed e.g. ICE upgrade and seat cover change).
Quote:
For me, interiors should be functional and 'good enough'. I care more for real capabilities. I don't really care for 'bling', as you put it. And I bought the Fortuner because I wanted to use the 'SUV part'.
Above two statements sound quite contradictory, low weitage to interiors, functional & then ICE upgrade & seats doing up!

As far as Im concerned, Im not an accessories buff. Need my vehicle to be as OE as possible. Sure more OE kit & options are welcome, at the same time not going over-board.

On the real capabilities part, I won't put down the Outlander for being less capable. Yes it does not come in Diesel but is immensly capable. Does anyone remember the great Subaru Forrester? Looks were pretty deceptive!

Also for the SUV part, there's the cheap MM Thar but it gets its fair share of beating when it comes to basic creature comforts. Similarly Fortuner at its price point needs to add something extra to the overall interiors feel. Moreover to distinguish it from its cheaper sibling - Innova.
Old 15th July 2011, 18:48   #79
BHPian

Check it out from the Toyota Thailand website

New Toyota Fortuner - Above & Beyond
Old 15th July 2011, 18:59   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Above two statements sound quite contradictory, low weitage to interiors, functional & then ICE upgrade & seats doing up!
Dude, I said that the interiors can be easily fixed. I didn't say that I want to fix them - I said 'If you give significant weightage to interiors (that can be easily fixed e.g. ICE upgrade and seat cover change)...".

What are you hinting with your 'contradictory' statement? I am not having a 'pie in the sky' discussion - I have voted with my money to support my point of view. I own a Fortuner, and use it like it is meant to be used. And I test drove the Outlander and other similar vehicles 'with more luxurious interiors' - extensively - before rejecting them and deciding on the Tuna.

The Fortuner's capabilities have nothing to do with its interiors. The Fortuner has its strengths and weaknesses. For me, it is a winner when I look at the weighted average score - as per my weights. For someone else, it could be a loser...I understand that....his choice and his money.

It is obvious we have different weights for different features...but please think/read carefully before calling someone's statements contradictory.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 15th July 2011 at 19:24.
Old 15th July 2011, 19:38   #81
Senior - BHPian

Somehow the new Fortuner looks garish; I like the front somehow, but alloys - NO; The old ones looked more muscular; The back a definite NO; I feel the current Fortuner with a ICE upgrade (and maybe a grill upgrade) is all that is needed; dropping plans to wait for the upgrade and proceeding with my already booked one...

Sometimes these upgrades are more detrimental than incremental...
Old 15th July 2011, 20:05   #82
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
'If you give significant weightage to interiors (that can be easily fixed e.g. ICE upgrade and seat cover change)...".

I have voted with my money to support my point of view. I own a Fortuner, and use it like it is meant to be used. And I test drove the Outlander and other similar vehicles 'with more luxurious interiors' - extensively - before rejecting them

The Fortuner's capabilities have nothing to do with its interiors. For me, it is a winner
As I earlier said, done up interiors with ICE, Seat covers, etc. does not fulfill the drab lacuna for me. Maybe for someone else it does...

You can go on and buy anything under the Sun, does that mean all should follow you?! As a matter of fact, I bought one & sold for my own reasons. BUT Im not counting this as my vote because you don't literally have to burn your fingers to know fire is hot! On rejecting Outlander & other vehicles, you are most welcome to do so, its your brain, your money, your decision but can't say that they are less/un-capable. You have your own yard-stick which cannot be applied on anyone else.

Who said Capabilities = Interiors. There are countless capable machines in the market. W.r.t to Fortuner, I don't like its interiors & many others also don't. So what's the deal? Also, ICI'ing or seat covers doesn't fill in the gap for me, as you suggested. So, am I not entitled to my own view point or do I have to say "Fortuner is a great Machine just because Mr. Nilanjanray bought it or thinks so"! No dude!

I view vehicles as a complete package, sure Fortuner is a good one at that but better(much) Interiors can clinch the deal for me. For now a Rs 20 L tag of Fortuner is not justified in my view & Im not even thinking that Indians are buying it in hordes.

Last edited by AWD : 15th July 2011 at 20:08.
Old 15th July 2011, 20:41   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can go on and buy anything under the Sun, does that mean all should follow you?!

So, am I not entitled to my own view point or do I have to say "Fortuner is a great Machine just because Mr. Nilanjanray bought it or thinks so"!
Did you miss my statement: "The Fortuner has its strengths and weaknesses. For me, it is a winner when I look at the weighted average score - as per my weights. For someone else, it could be a loser...I understand that....his choice and his money. "??

Maybe you should brush up your reading comprehension skills...first stating that my statement was contradictory, and now this. LOL.

Your points are perfectly valid from your point of view...but dude, if you say that my remark was contradictory, you better be ready to substantiate that statement with logic.

Anyway, my last post on this issue. Have fun.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 15th July 2011 at 20:51.
Old 15th July 2011, 21:13   #84
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
first stating that my statement was contradictory
you better be ready to substantiate that statement with logic.
Your statement meant, if you find interiors drab, do them up with ICE & seat covers. Similarly if someone finds the exteriors of a vehicle not to his liking, you would probably suggest "do them up with Fog lamps, Bull bars, Skirting, alloys, etc.
Sorry this logic doesn't work for me, maybe runs as far as you are concerned.

Simply put "I would like to see better interiors in a Fortuner". You can continue to have fun with yours. All the best.
Old 19th July 2011, 18:52   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

The Hilux pickup truck has been updated, since the Fortuner's front end and Interiors are exact same as Hilux expect the facelifted Fortuner to look like this.

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-hilux.jpeg
Source of Image: 5FWD - Toyota Hilux updated for 2012 by Fifth Gear
Old 19th July 2011, 19:00   #86
BHPian

I was talking to one sales person in Galaxy toyota, he says we are aware of only AT for new model nothing else will gona change. Not sure how much true is this.
Old 19th July 2011, 19:08   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003
I was talking to one sales person in Galaxy toyota, he says we are aware of only AT for new model nothing else will gona change. Not sure how much true is this.
If it were just introduction of an AT then it isnt going to be a new model now is it. Toyota guys must be trying to push sales harder since many would prefer to wait for the facelift.
On the other hand. If you like the current one. It may be a good time as delivery lead times may have reduced.
Old 20th July 2011, 11:54   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

More pics:

Exteriors -

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-2012-toyota-fortuner10.jpg

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-2012-toyota-fortuner11.jpg

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-2012-toyota-fortuner15.jpg

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-2012-toyota-fortuner16.jpg

Engine -

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-2012-toyota-fortuner17.jpg

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-2012-toyota-fortuner19.jpg

Interiors -

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-2012-toyota-fortuner5.jpg

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-2012-toyota-fortuner4.jpg

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-2012-toyota-fortuner12.jpg

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-2012-toyota-fortuner8.jpg

Speedo -

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-2012-toyota-fortuner18.jpg

Seating -

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-2012-toyota-fortuner1.jpg

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-2012-toyota-fortuner2.jpg

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-2012-toyota-fortuner3.jpg

Also, the promotional video -

How much of these filters into the Indian facelift next year, remains to be seen.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 20th July 2011 at 11:57.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 13:00   #89
Senior - BHPian

Just happened to come across the Hilux and Fortuner launch in Bangkok on 13 Jul 2011 on YouTube,

Looks like the new Fortuner will take getting used to the looks and they stand out pretty well vis-a-vis present genre. India doesn't seem be on cards until 2012, a good minimum 6 months :(
Old 20th July 2011, 13:19   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Shockingly no Major changes to Interiors, just some minor changes to Audio system, Steering, Meters etc. Even the Exteriors remain same with a Facelifted front end.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks