Team-BHP - Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/101544-toyota-fortuner-facelift-spied-update-uncovered-pics-pg-6-a-8.html)

So if it is going to be launched around Jan, I am guessing Toyota would start converting existing bookings to face lifted model around October/November and start delivery by Jan. Is that assumption right?

Fortuner's daddy has been facelifted, that confirms the face lift of T-Fort also.

lets see when we get to see the T-Fort in india. 2012?

For complete list of snaps from the Indonesian auto show

Toyota Fortuner IIMS 2011 Photo and Wallpaper Gallery

:)

Yes, looks good actually without the extra chrome accessories...

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-newfortuner1.jpg

Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/news/toy...elift-unveiled

And here is the face lifted Toyota Fortuner 2011.
Detailed, pretty good snaps here on its release yesterday in Jakarta, Indonesia.

2011 Toyota Fortuner facelift unveiled at IIMS Jakarta

Personally - exteriors really not to my liking !

Some quick observations here:

- The scoop on the bonnet is missing. It means that the engine design/layout could have undergone a change, with the intercooler being shifted elsewhere or the air to the IC also being drawn from the front end/grill through channels.
Awww... shoot ! A TFort without the air scoop is like Paris without the Eiffel Tower !

- Appears to have only been released in A/T version. No M/T option seen. Could mean that the release in India could take a long time or in India the old M/T version and the new A/T version would be sold side by side.

- Going by the changes and inclusion of the A/T the new one certainly would be priced much higher than the older M/T. Possibly OTR payout could be somewhere in the region of 27 Lakhs.

- Interiors look good and the steering wheel is very nice indeed as is the ICE set up.

- Good to see the HL/LL range selection still manual !

- Lower FE can be expected thanks to the A/T.

- The new version could feel like a wet rag in its response to throttle in comparision to the current M/T again thanks to the A/T contraption.

- Bling, bling, bling was already present by the tonne in the current TFort. This adds more, much more to it...grill, alloys, and whatnot - thankfully the steering and gear levers appear normal.

Overall my choice is still the current M/T TFort !

What happened to the hood scoop? That was one of the best parts in the looks of the car.

They've totally toned the car down rather than making it looks more butch. Too mch chrome and reduced muscle.

Edit: Oh now that I think of it. This must be the petrol which doesn't have a turbo intercooler. The diesel should have the hood scoop. Phew.

Old Y New Comparisions...cont'd...

- The seat leathers have changed from single tone camel brown to two tone grey and 'jaundice yellowish' ! Thumbs down. The older rich camel brown leather to my eye was much better.

- Interior plastic colour has changed from fawn to grey.

- Gasp ! Even the hand brake button is 'chromed'. Aiy yai yaiiiiii Santa Maria !

- Auto gear lever bottom notch is chromed. Carramba !

- Door flushing is also has the seats type duo tone - grey and J yellow !

- Not sure - but going by the seat levers - appears it could have electric seat adjuster.

- All the faux wood inserts have given way to shiny grey plastic inserts. Heavens ! Even the steering wheel seems to have some part of the shiny grey insert on the upper half. By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch why did they do that ?

- Cigarette lighter seems to have vanished or did someone pinch it from the display piece ?!!

- Curses ! Couldn't they put up some snaps of the engine bay.....?

Looking closely - let me see if I can spot anything more.

(Of course not highlighting the obvious changes like tail lamps/grills etc but the things that matter to me - so...)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 2441215)
What happened to the hood scoop? This must be the petrol which doesn't have a turbo intercooler. The diesel should have the hood scoop. Phew.

The uncovered pics of face-lifted Fortuner on page 6 actually showcases the hood scoop.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2437011

So as you said this could be the petrol one. And its seen even on the Hilux face-lift pictured above.

But I kind of feel that this face-lift actually makes the car look bigger and it looks like "flowing" in the video posted in the previews page. The current face-lift actually makes one feel the width of the car. I agree this looks more handsome than tough though.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guderian (Post 2441212)
And here is the face lifted Toyota Fortuner 2011.
Awww... shoot ! A TFort without the air scoop is like Paris without the Eiffel Tower !

Thats the Petrol version you are seeing. The Diesel has the scoop intact with an extra slot
Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-2012-toyota-fortuner10.jpg

- Appears to have only been released in A/T version. No M/T option seen. Could mean that the release in India could take a long time or in India the old M/T version and the new A/T version would be sold side by side.

MT will be offered as option here in India, like its done abroad

- Going by the changes and inclusion of the A/T the new one certainly would be priced much higher than the older M/T. Possibly OTR payout could be somewhere in the region of 27 Lakhs.

The Indications are that the MT variant will undergo a "price reduction" due to higher localisation content

- Interiors look good and the steering wheel is very nice indeed as is the ICE set up.

Agree, but the centre console with that dark grey wood looks hideous
Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-fortuner16_770.jpg

- Good to see the HL/LL range selection still manual !

Will be retained in MT also

- Lower FE can be expected thanks to the A/T.

The FE is supposedly going UP, due to diamond polishing of the fuel injectors (Diamond tech)

- Bling, bling, bling was already present by the tonne in the current TFort. This adds more, much more to it...grill, alloys, and whatnot - thankfully the steering and gear levers appear normal.

Certainly lot more bling

Overall my choice is still the current M/T TFort !

My Choice - The New Fortuner (minus that wood please...)
(Please dont shoot me saar....)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guderian (Post 2441232)
Old Y New Comparisions...cont'd...

- The seat leathers have changed from single tone camel brown to two tone grey and 'jaundice yellowish' ! Thumbs down. The older rich camel brown leather to my eye was much better.
- Door flushing is also has the seats type duo tone - grey and J yellow !

That's just an option Sir.

- Interior plastic colour has changed from fawn to grey.

- Gasp ! Even the hand brake button is 'chromed'. Aiy yai yaiiiiii Santa Maria !
- Auto gear lever bottom notch is chromed. Carramba !

GOOD GOOD

- Not sure - but going by the seat levers - appears it could have electric seat adjuster.

Yes Sir, That's Electric Adjustment

- All the faux wood inserts have given way to shiny grey plastic inserts. Heavens ! Even the steering wheel seems to have some part of the shiny grey insert on the upper half. By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch why did they do that ?

HIDEOUS

- Cigarette lighter seems to have vanished or did someone pinch it from the display piece ?!!

The top's just been removed from the slot Sir. It's intact as in previous edition
Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-fortuner21_770.jpg

Added features I can make out are (as per their Youtube video - Link) -
1. HID Projector headlamps
2. Powered seats
3. New 17" alloys
4. Touchscreen Navigation system with bluetooth phone support and aux/ipod and usb jacks and reverse camera
5. Auto Transmission
6. Cruise Control (only on AT variant)
7. New Front/Rear/Prado grill
Minor
9. New Bonnet Scoop
10. New instrumentation/Grey Wood finish
11. Headlight washers

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 2441247)
Petrol ?

Hi dkaile,
1. Where the blazes did the diesel version go during the launch ? Or did they not launch the diesel version ? With the size of the scoop having increased - by the looks of it, the intercooler size too would have changed presumably.
2. Indicators on the ORVMs.
3. Headlight washers.
4. Not sure - do the front and rear bumpers look a little lower/bigger bumper size ? That would impact the clearance too, if so. The current one looks higher.
5. Funny - but don't see the cruise control buttons on the A/T gasoline version shown in the snaps with the news item.
6. Rear lamps and reflector shapes have changed. Rear bumper cut pattern (to accomodate the lamps) has changed.
7. Change in the running board style.

One thing I noticed comparing the pics of the "Grand New TFort" (their term not mine !) and the Admiral. Most of the new items can be fitted into the current TFort too like the ICE, rear lamps etc - not that I want to !

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 2441247)
My Choice - The New Fortuner (minus that wood please...)
(Please dont shoot me saar....)

Won't shoot you sir...will think up of something more ingenious and painful for having selected the bling thing !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guderian (Post 2441264)
Hi dkaile,
Where the blazes did the diesel version go during the launch ? Or did they not launch the diesel version ?

All the variants are listed here sir - http://www.toyota.co.th/en/fortuner/#/model-line-up Specs here- http://www.toyota.co.th/en/models/fortuner/fortuner_spec.asp and just have a look at the prices in Thailand :Shockked::Shockked:
http://www.toyota.co.th/en/fortuner/#/home

And now for some core differences...comparing the current TFort (Diesel with the 1KD-FTV engine) and the specs from the Thai website, thanks to dkaile:

1. The fuel tank capacity has drrrrrrroped - 80 to 65 Lts.

2. The overall length has increased from 4695 mm to 4705 mm and the height has dropped from 1850 to 1795 mm. Width, tread, wheel base & turning radius remain the same.

3. The GC has dropped by 1 mm. 221 to 220 mm !

4. Weight has increased by 5 KGs from 1955 to 1960 KGs.

5. Appears max out put has dropped from 126 KW @ 3600 RPM to 120 KW @ 3400 RPM. Does that correspond to adrop from 168 to 163 BHP ? Not sure going by Admiral's manual which doesn't have it in BHP. Engine specs otherwise remain the same. So could be the mapping has changed ?

6. Brakes remain the same. No change at all.

7. Suspensions no change at all.

So that's it.

Hi dkaile,
Had a look at the prices - it isn't too bad. The Navi version now costs equivalent of INR 22.5 L and the sada version about INR 21 L. Not sure whether the Thai prices quoted are including or excluding local taxes. If excluding then the differential will further drop.
(Differential - meaning price diff - not the rear and forward diffs of the vehicle !!!)

^
1. They have also added an AUTO ON/OFF Headlamp System
2. Do Comment on this Unique Illumination System for rear passengers :Shockked:

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-fortuner23_770.jpg

3. The Price of 22L is for the AT version. AFAIK they wont be offering any petrol versions here. Only 2 fully loaded Diesel versions will be offered, with and without AT. MT should be at nearly the same prices.

PS- The Indonesian and Thai models show slight differences. I noted slightly different ICE's in both.

I didnt like the face-lifted Fortunner. Front bumper lower half picked from Polo or Vento, headlights are over grown altis headlamps and excessive chrome.

It looks good in the black(body color) and bad in white.