Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2011, 16:30   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
They have removed the link!!!
Yup, even when I rechecked today it's gone! Toyota is known to be very secretive and seems they don't want to let the cat out of the bag. It was definitely in Delhi, as if you see the reflection in the the car's windows, you can make out the Toyota insignia in typical fashion. Maybe some members can take a round of nearby Toyota showrooms to check where this Facelift version is being kept!
Old 13th September 2011, 18:02   #167
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
No Rear Discs, still.

Rear looks like this (not very flattering, if anything worse than before, imho)

Attachment 608685

Attachment 608686
In my opinion the rear looks more ugly and out of place now!
What were the designers at Toyota thinking?
And no rear discs for a car of this dimensions and (price of-course!) is really shocking!
Old 13th September 2011, 19:06   #168
Senior - BHPian

my wish list for the face lift fortuner!

2.5 ltr diesel engine
2WD
AT

the above three things will bring down its cost and it could give XUV5 oh oh and Merlin a run for their money!

now dont say toyota is not capable of the above three!
Old 13th September 2011, 20:29   #169
BHPian

Toyota's being pulling all the right strings in the Indian market. I think we can easily label Etios to be a runaway success & now they're *already* updating the Fortuner.

I sincerely hope that Toyota launches the international spec Fortuner in India! The interiors seemed fabulous, especially with the SatNav. Though I'd prefer a change of alloys.
Old 14th September 2011, 14:46   #170
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They have removed the link!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Yup, even when I rechecked today it's gone! Toyota is known to be very secretive and seems they don't want to let the cat out of the bag. It was definitely in Delhi, as if you see the reflection in the the car's windows, you can make out the Toyota insignia in typical fashion. Maybe some members can take a round of nearby Toyota showrooms to check where this Facelift version is being kept!
The link is working. More pictures have been added. For the benefit of the community, the pictures have been attached
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-fortuner-1.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-fortuner-2.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-fortuner-3.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-fortuner-4.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-fortuner-5.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-fortuner-6.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-fortuner-7.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-fortuner-8.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-fortuner-9.jpg  

MAS is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 15:35   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
The link is working. More pictures have been added. For the benefit of the community, the pictures have been attached
i think the wheel size has been reduced from R17 to R16, or is it the same as the current fortuner wheel size?
Old 14th September 2011, 15:37   #172
Senior - BHPian

Thanks MAS.

From the Side - I couldn't even make out whether it was the old or the new one. The alloys look good to me, though people may have mixed opinion and are making the tyres looking puny like Parm pointed out, even though there is no change in tyre size.
Tyres - No change
Side Step and Roof Rails - also show no change
Rear - Bumper and lights plus the chrome grill (not visible), but in camouflaged state, looks exactly like the outgoing model.
Instrument cluster - somehow the old cluster where the chrome covered the entire central ring looked better. This is more Innova'ish (evidence of cost cutting perhaps to make it cheaper?).
Wood inserts - I have made my views known already about these (horrendous) grey ones. Thank God, I purchased the Classic in time, otherwise this would have been one single point in this vehicle's rejection... lolz, just joking.
Side Mirrors - have indicators incorporated now

ICE and Front End/Grill seem to be the biggest improvement besides the 2WD AT model. All in all this is just a 'cosmetic' mid life upgrade and you can't mistake this for any other vehicle except the Fortuner from the Side and the Back. Though the (Prado'ish) Front end, is another story all together. But if prices drop, current owners may feel short-changed.

From the temp no. plate on this one, it seems that they might launch the 'lower' cost 2WD AT model sooner than we expected, maybe a Diwali Launch.

Last edited by dkaile : 14th September 2011 at 15:54.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:02   #173
Senior - BHPian

any new updates on the face lift T-Fort?

launch before or during Diwali?
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:06   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
any new updates on the face lift T-Fort?

launch before or during Diwali?
No update.Moreover the link is not working again.
I got a call from Lakozy toyota yesterday stating that they can give a white fortuner within 2 months.I just hope they clear their backlogs and launch the all new toyota fortuner.
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:08   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No update.Moreover the link is not working again.
I got a call from Lakozy toyota yesterday stating that they can give a white fortuner within 2 months.I just hope they clear their backlogs and launch the all new toyota fortuner.
of course when dealers start giving offers like thats, you can expect new arrivals!
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:10   #176
Senior - BHPian

^
No news on the horizon as yet. Had a talk with Grand Toyota, Meerut owner yesterday and he updated me that it wont be coming before 2012 and they were still not able to deliver Feb booked Fortuners till date in this region.

Edit : As per insider information, we are getting the exact Philippines model Fortuner as detailed here - http://www.toyota.com.ph/cars/new_ca...uner/index.asp Somehow that site is also not yet updated. Only the 1st photo is of the updated model, rest all specs are showing of the old one.

Last edited by dkaile : 23rd September 2011 at 15:25.
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:19   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
^
No news on the horizon as yet. Had a talk with Grand Toyota, Meerut owner yesterday and he updated me that it wont be coming before 2012 and they were still not able to deliver Feb booked Fortuners till date in this region.
Yes, this is also what I have heard from a friend in the company. People can expect an Auto Expo launch for the new variant and deliveries starting Feb 2012 onwards.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 23rd September 2011, 16:12   #178
BHPian

The new front seems to have Prado grin and it will add more character to the vehicle IMO. The ride has to be improved definitely and the interiors and equipments should give a sense that 20Lacs have been spent.
I wish they would give 50% discount on first 100 bookings..

Last edited by Honda Monk : 23rd September 2011 at 16:13. Reason: correction
Old 23rd September 2011, 21:36   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
..are making the tyres looking puny like Parm pointed out, even though there is no change in tyre size.

But if prices drop, current owners may feel short-changed.
I guess the tyres look puny because of the nice looking alloys than the mean looking old ones. Also I see headlight washers incorporated and forces to guess the introduction of Xenons. So I dont see any chances of price drops, but would look at bigger price tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
The ride has to be improved definitely and the interiors and equipments should give a sense that 20Lacs have been spent.
That was something I would have seriously wished to happen. I doubt whether improving the ride quality or adding rear disc brakes is even a concern for Toyota !
Old 7th October 2011, 12:59   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2WD and an Automatic....means less money! way to go Toyota India.

im paying my deposit with toyota dealer for the facelift fortuner.

is the 2WD AT a way forward to counter XUV5 oh oh and Merlin?
It would be worth a wait, both to see if Toyota can bring in a cheaper SUV to counter the XUV and see the XUV's actual performance when the initial hype dies down.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks