Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 17:34   #271

Name:  image168163683.png
Views: 3820
Size:  830.1 KB

Saw this at manesar toll plaza . Tried capturing front but the driver took the service lane towards grace toyota . It had hid in projectors
Old 25th November 2011, 19:07   #272
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6

^
Its the rear that's spoiling the facelift with the garish backlights. The front's just beautiful...
Old 25th November 2011, 19:44   #273
BHPian

It looks like the rear lights were inspired from the 2006 Lexus RX 350:
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-lexusrx350.jpg  

Old 25th November 2011, 23:53   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

I love the alloys on the car. They look super cool.
Old 26th November 2011, 08:40   #275
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funmaniac View Post
Attachment 847376

Saw this at manesar toll plaza . Tried capturing front but the driver took the service lane towards grace toyota . It had hid in projectors
Good catch funmaniac. HID is a good addition as most of the "classic" Tfort owners get it fitted outside.

The alloys look stylish. Hope Toyota prices it competitively.
Old 29th November 2011, 21:45   #276
BHPian

Tweet from Hormazd Sorabjee

'Face-lifted Innova and Fortuner (with 2WD and auto) coming in Jan but will cost a lot more. Toyota says rising Yen is pushing up prices'.
Old 29th November 2011, 22:03   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post

'Face-lifted Innova and Fortuner (with 2WD and auto) coming in Jan but will cost a lot more. Toyota says rising Yen is pushing up prices'.
Toyota is insane thats all I can say. They have been constantly increasing prices when the whole market is going down and offering discounts. The time is not far when Toyota will follow Honda and have to make massive price corrections. They are right now trying to fool everyone with showings of massive growth from the last fiscal but what the common man doesn't realise is that this is thanks to the Etios and Liva which are obviously going to add to the number of units sold.

Our market is maturing very fast. Altis is no longer a clear segment leader. Innova is going to face a lot of heat from XUV and the other MPVs going to be launched in the coming year. Fortuner is fast getting into the territory of the germans and the T badge may not be able to compete with the likes of BMW, MERC and Audi. The Etios/Liva have not been run away hits and infact may create some bad vibe about the company since many people have found them below there expected level of finesse that has been characteristic of Toyota cars from the past.

Most of there cars are already insanely priced specially the Innova and the Altis for what they offer in terms of equipment. The other offerings are not exactly VFM too. I sincerely feel they should find other ways of dealing with the increasing Yen rather then passing it straight on to the customers.

Last edited by drmohitg : 29th November 2011 at 22:05.
Old 29th November 2011, 22:27   #278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71

I was seriously considering Innova in about 2 yrs time. I think it's already overpriced but if they hike too much more I'll surely look for other cheaper options like the Ertiga.
Old 29th November 2011, 23:16   #279
BHPian

The photo posted above also reveals the absence of parking sensor in the test vehicle. I sincerely hope that for its size the t-fort is sold with one.
Old 29th November 2011, 23:57   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I was seriously considering Innova in about 2 yrs time. I think it's already overpriced but if they hike too much more I'll surely look for other cheaper options like the Ertiga.
Even I am planning on an Innova / Fortuner in 2 years but with the way prices are skyrocketting, adding to inflation, rise in fuel prices, Falling Yen etc I seriously cannot afford even a Liva in 2 years.

In 2005 11.5 Lacs OTR Bangalore seemed reachable but now its nearly 15+ lacs on-road chennai. Going by this trend, an Innova V would cost 20 lacs OTR chennai by 2013.

I forgot to mention that i will keep a die-cast model of a T-Fort. Thats all i can afford.
Old 30th November 2011, 09:59   #281
Senior - BHPian

Mehenga roye ek baar, sasta roye baar baar... That's all I can say after using their quality daily since the last 10 years now. They have been beating the Germans hollow (read BUMW, Mercs and Audis) in most markets they operate in, simply because they cater to the masses and appeal to different sensibilities. Also they have products for most segments, right from the Liva to the soon to come Lexus. Price increases are a reality that we are now be destined to live with in most commodities we buy. No sense cribbing over that.

I hope they bring the 2WD version at 18L which should be reasonable. Other wish-lists includes a stronger diesel for the Corolla (2L) and a cracking diesel (2.5~3L) for the Camry.
dkaile is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 14:45   #282
BHPian

2WD manual seems to be coming as well.
source : Facelifted Toyota Fortuner launch in January 2012; Details inside! | IndianCarsBikes.in.
Fortuner71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 15:49   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone knows what prices did the Fortuner start selling at and the current prices, both Ex showroom Delhi? Just wanted to know how much they have increased the prices in the last 2-3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
And where do we expect the prices to start at if the 2WD Manual comes in? I would urge them to start local manufacturing for Fortuner as well and beat the yen rate hikes. Fortuner sure is bringing them good volumes and I don't understand their reluctance in manufacturing it locally. What's the point in Toyota cribbing about the yen prices and putting the burden on the customers?!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th November 2011 at 15:51.
Old 30th November 2011, 18:00   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I would urge them to start local manufacturing for Fortuner as well and beat the yen rate hikes. Fortuner sure is bringing them good volumes and I don't understand their reluctance in manufacturing it locally. What's the point in Toyota cribbing about the yen prices and putting the burden on the customers?!
I dont think 1000 units a month would warrant a case to manufacture locally. The amount of cost that they would spend in setting up a plant and mahinery would offset the gains that one would make and would be priced on equal grounds.
Old 30th November 2011, 18:35   #285
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I dont think 1000 units a month would warrant a case to manufacture locally. The amount of cost that they would spend in setting up a plant and mahinery would offset the gains that one would make and would be priced on equal grounds.
One can never tell for sure but with local manufacturing and possibly a price close to 16-17L due to the advantage gained of the same they could do numbers northward of 3000 instead of the current 1000. This would also kill the chance of the competition coming in tomorrow and doing the same to them due to the first mover advantage they would have. They seem to be resting on their laurels presently. Much better pricing is possible if they take the initiative to go down that path.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks