Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2011, 18:20   #331
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6

Hey,
I was just wondering whether old fortuners could benefit from the fitment of the new OE accessories that can be seen with the Facelifted Fortuner?!
for e.g.
1.The OE Toyota MMI
2. New tail lights
3. The new Steering Wheel (w/o the cruise control)
4. The New Head light assembly
5. Wheels

well, lets wait for the official launch of the New Fortuner & expect the accessories to flood in the ASCs.

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 17th December 2011 at 18:26. Reason: added text
Old 17th December 2011, 18:39   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

It looks even more awesome now from the front. Toyota did a great job by giving it the LC resemblance. The interiors for me are still boring and infact in the pictures do look a little too plasticky for an SUV costing 20+L.

Some of the new features added according to the autocar review are:
1. Touch screen ICE.
2. 8 way Power front seat.
3. AT transmission.

I doubt going by Toyota's history if they will increase the prices by only 50k. It might be a little more then that.

I feel the interiors should have either been all beige or all black. The half black and half beige interiors are not matching IMHO. Also whats with offering only a 4 speed AT box?
Old 17th December 2011, 19:17   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8
Hey,
I was just wondering whether old fortuners could benefit from the fitment of the new OE accessories that can be seen with the Facelifted Fortuner?!
for e.g.
1.The OE Toyota MMI
2. New tail lights
3. The new Steering Wheel (w/o the cruise control)
4. The New Head light assembly
5. Wheels

well, lets wait for the official launch of the New Fortuner & expect the accessories to flood in the ASCs.
Exactly what I was wondering.
Although I think new head lights and tail lights would be quite difficult to add as their form is quite different from the one's on the "classic fortuner".
D4d-maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 20:12   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Guess XUV price has pinched Toyota badly! The products / versions is clear indication of that. The current variant in face-lifted form sells for the same price, the auto loses on 4WD to keep the prices at par with 4WD manual & an introduction of 2WD manual at a lesser price. That's quite cool. And looks like the rupee price hike based hike is going to come with the face-lift and not separate! I am just wondering how much did the used Fortuner market dumped by!! Am sure I can find a nice pre-owned deal some time soon.
Old 18th December 2011, 11:52   #335
BHPian

Having spent 60,000 kms and an year and half with my fortuner I stand tall satisfied and confident thanks to the reliability and offroading capabilties .
Though no serious off roading camps were attended but my work often involves me getting off roads and i leave no opportunity to enter an otherwise feared region for most of the automobiles.

Its a nice product but being a car lover and having owned quite a few, the wishlist of possible improvements to this machine was never small . Few of them were:-
Auto transmission- my necessity
Bluetooth connectivity for the phone
Satellite navigation
Less vibrations
Improved Low Beam
Good lower back support on driver seat
Better planned bottle and glass holders
Better interior lighting
Improved music system with more speakers/subwoofer
Better tyres- these are too soft for indian conditions

I believe most will be taken care of in the new model but for a strange limitation - choosing one- '''either 4x4 or auto transmission'''
Old 18th December 2011, 12:21   #336
BHPian

wow 60K Kms , this actually shows what the vehicle is meant for, reliability, low cost of ownership, go anywhere capability. You need to take some time off and pen down a report on your ownership experience. Iam sure this will help many of the team-bhp guys here.

Last edited by Fortuner71 : 18th December 2011 at 12:22. Reason: text
Old 19th December 2011, 00:49   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Albatross. View Post
a strange limitation - choosing one- '''either 4x4 or auto transmission'''
You bet. Whats up with not having the auto on the 4x4? Do we have to wait another year for that offering?
Old 19th December 2011, 20:32   #338
BHPian

this video shows revers camera function and its position,electrically adjustable seats and touchscreen

Last edited by neo_trace : 19th December 2011 at 20:34.
Old 19th December 2011, 21:25   #339
Senior - BHPian

I have a wish. I wish they add "Land Cruiser" badge to the Fortuner. They have made the Grill and Fog Lamps similar to the Land Cruiser.

Maybe they badge it an LC at least in the next facelift

Land-Cruiser Badge will make the vehicle more upmarket and add value to the brand as well. It will be an entry into the aspiratonal "Land Cruiser" Family. Am i Suggesting toyota another oppurtunity to increase prices ?

Last edited by scopriobharath : 19th December 2011 at 21:26.
Old 20th December 2011, 11:37   #340
BHPian

2 new 2WD variants makes Fortuner a trump card for Toyota. For those who look at SUV for everything else other than off-roading, this might just be a dream come true.

I also came to know that the front seats gets a 6 way power adjust and the ICE gets a DVD player too! Steering is a little lighter, one of the review says. The only sad side would be the lack of Tiptronic.

With the 2WD getting launched, Fortuner would be more affordable to lot many and with the host of new features, more heads will turn towards it!

Eagerly waiting for the detailed review from TBhp! Nothing like it...
Old 20th December 2011, 17:48   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by convivial View Post
2 new 2WD variants makes Fortuner a trump card for Toyota. For those who look at SUV for everything else other than off-roading, this might just be a dream come true.
========
Eagerly waiting for the detailed review from TBhp! Nothing like it...
Just seeing ticker on CNBC awaaz that Toyota will launch a 2wd version of fortuner in January 2012 with price tag less than 16 lac to compete with XUV500 and Aria.

roby
Old 20th December 2011, 17:57   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by convivial View Post
I also came to know that the front seats gets a 6 way power adjust and the ICE gets a DVD player too! Steering is a little lighter, one of the review says. The only sad side would be the lack of Tiptronic.

With the 2WD getting launched, Fortuner would be more affordable to lot many and with the host of new features, more heads will turn towards it!
Going by Toyota's history I doubt that the base model ( 2 WD with MT) will come with any of these new added gadgets at all. Infact they might take away some stuff from the existing Fortuner itself .

I am sure the power seats, ICE etc will be offered only on the 4WD and the AT cars.
Old 20th December 2011, 22:23   #343
BHPian

Just in on CNBC :
Toyota to price the face lifted Fortuner at Rs.16 Lacs Ex-Showroom Delhi.
I guess it would be for the 2WD.

Last edited by k2max6 : 20th December 2011 at 22:25.
Old 20th December 2011, 22:32   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6
Just in on CNBC :
Toyota to price the face lifted Fortuner at Rs.16 Lacs Ex-Showroom Delhi.
I guess it would be for the 2WD.
Wow. If that is true, Way to go Toyota. Am sure market is going to be flooded with fortuners. But at that price am sure they would probably give just 2 airbags and remove the electrically adjustable seats and other gizmos.
Old 20th December 2011, 23:00   #345
BHPian

A deep thinking of the last two posts concludes that the understanding of pricing factor is totally wrong as quoted by CNBC. XUV top model is close to 15lakhs and Fortuner base model will not be priced 16lakhs (ex-showroom), thus rubbing shoulders with XUV which will make Toyota loose its image.

XUV's pricing is introductory and is bound to increase by another lakh or so in th near future, so TKM would have thought of this and will never price T-fort close to 16lakhs.

T-fort base model would be 21.5 lakhs on road and the four wheeled one would be 23.5 lakhs or more, that would be a clever pricing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed