Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2017, 17:47   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW Maintenance Packages - Buying New BMW Cheaper Than Buying Used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post

Mercedes still seems the most difficult to maintain. A friend's Mercedes GLE 250d Just went for first service. The bill was 55,000/-
How can first service be so expensive . After all its all about oil and filter change!

I have been thinking of picking up a pre owned 3 series / C-Class and have been researching. My usual run is about 1000-1200 Kms / Month. So not sure whether I should be looking at a diesel. Hence I guess I will be looking at C200 CGI or the 320i

My questions may sound silly but here they are:
  1. Looking at 4-5 Yr old car. Typically what realistic range will Base+1 variant for either of these will be going for.
  2. I will be looking at less than 50K done car, with ASC service history. What all things typically go wrong with the C200 and 320i respectively
  3. Typically what are the annual service costs for either of them.
Any help to the above questions will be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Last edited by MileCruncher : 14th November 2017 at 17:50.
Old 1st December 2017, 09:06   #77
BHPian

I'm contemplating buying a 3 series Gt or C class. I hear delhi dealers are giving out good deals. Anybody aware ?
Old 24th January 2023, 19:35   #78
BHPian

I am posting this on behalf of a friend, who owns a BMW 330i, Jan 2020 registered.

He is looking to extend is warranty and maintenance package, since the car is hitting the 3 year mark.

But the problem is, due to the nature of his work, travelling abroad every two months for extended periods, the car is not used that much. Total running till date in 3 years is 7K odd kms.

Now the coming to the costs renewing service and warranty packages, it obviously doesn't seem worth putting the money in.

BSI for next 3 years/40000kms Rs.116820/- which covers Engine Oil/Oil Filter/Air Filter/Fuel Filter/Brake Fluid.

Warranty Package for the 4th and 5th is 2.4 Lakhs additional.

Now under normal circumstances I would have recommended this strongly but the low running is not justifying the price, given the usage of the car is expected to remain similar to how it is being used now.

I would like to know from fellow BMW owners whether there is any good reason to go with these packages.

As I see it, there seems to be 3 options to consider.

1. Take both packages. Warranty will be only for 2 years and BSI for 3, for a total of 3.6 Lakhs

2. Buy just the BSI package, which will be approximately(assuming) 30% extra in case of general servicing and cross the fingers for any surprise for part failures.

3. Buy none and live with what comes up. Which I don't think is much of a risky proposition given the reliability of BMWs now a days.

I am strongly suggesting option 3. Worst case scenario car does 20k in the next 3 years. That's still peanuts for the life of a car. Other than fluids I don't think there is anything that will wear out by then. After that anyways nothing will be covered in any scenario.
frewper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 21:45   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd suggest given the low usage buy only the BRI warranty package for 4th & 5th years. Even with minimal usage, things could go wrong with these Germans. The next option is to not buy anything at all.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed