Team-BHP - Do u hang or rest your foot
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Do u hang or rest your foot (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/10172-do-u-hang-rest-your-foot.html)

Myself and my friend went for purchase. I got panicked on seeing heavy traffic jam ahead & told my friend its pain to drive in heavy traffics. My specific problem was pain in my left leg, if driven in traffic jams for longer duration.

Once we came out of the traffic, I was told that i hang my foot while relasing the clutch in order to move the car to fill up the gap created in second gear & thats the reason for pain in the leg. Then I noticed always my foot hangs when I release the clutch. On empty roads I release it fast & rest my foot sidewards. But when, leg always on clutch is required, hanging the foot seems to a culprit.

Do you hang your foot or rest you foot on the floor while releasing the cluth.

PS: Apologize if it seems to be silly one

Call it 'heel and toe'.My heels on the floor and my toe works the clutch.

Quote:

Do u hand or rest ur foot while releasing the clutch
I guess mods need to edit the poll. Its sorta confusing..

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous

Ok sorry for the confusion. I was taking about whether always your heels will be on the floor while releasing the cluth or it will hanging (on the air/with no support from floor)

I always have problems while wearing shoes. And for the info purpose - I had driven 90% of my 10k with shoes in my Swift.

Quote:

My clutch travel is so much that i cannot do this. Its my middle part of feet which takes all the force. Which car you drive nitrous?

I hang my foot incase i have to use the clutch again quickly.

But in case of normal driving without any traffic I put down my foot directly after 2nd or 3rd gear. I try to keep a check on my foot as I do not want to rest it on the clutch while I drive. (I sometimes do that without noticing and Hehehe I know it's a very bad habit).

Using the clutch with the toe is a bit difficult. So use the middle part for the clutch, and rest the foot after that on the floor or on the resting thing next to the clutch.

Quote:

My clutch travel is so much that i cannot do this. Its my middle part of feet which takes all the force. Which car you drive nitrous?
Car doesn't matter.Its because i'm too BIG.

Large feet makes it more comfortable. Try practicing the combination - that is keep you heel rested and once you are half way through, lift up your heel and press full.

Shoes are the best for driving, but if you are using other footwear, with a little bit of practice you will be comfortable. Try to work with subconscious mind than concentrating on the clutch.

RK

Yeah, subconscious is the right way to do it I guess. I mean I never even thought about whether my left leg is hanging or suspended or resting to press the clutch; do it instinctively, be it heavy Delhi traffic or fast highway traffic wherein of course it is resting easy and cool on the rest provided to the left of the clutch. But an interesting thread nonetheless.

Lol... thats where my size 13 shoes come in handy... heel always well rested on the floor and the base of my toes working the clutch!

Quote:

Lol... thats where my size 13 shoes come in handy... heel always well rested on the floor and the base of my toes working the clutch!
We must look kinda similar,i guess.

When driving in city my foot is always on clutch but on highway after the 5th gear its planted on the foot rest.

Quote:

agree: always... this way the clutch release is very smooth and controlled... and it takes 1 try to get used to any car.

Also you are in a better position to know if the clutch play is adequate... else you would have trouble leaving the clutch.

I always keep the heel on the floor and press the clutch with my toe. This will allow me releasing the clutch smoothly. After shifting to 5th gear, I will rest my foot.