Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2013, 12:35   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda India : The Way Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
...It's certainly not derived from the Earth Dreams tech, since Honda had designated it as incompatible with our Indian diesel.
I guess we read on the Amaze thread that the 1.5L is indeed a derivative of the 1.6L Earthdreams engine! Are we missing something?

Quote:
...This made me immediately call up my birdie, and they reported this - ...

Advance bookings are NOT open right now. They will commence after the 2nd week of March. If/when bookings start, it will be for a nominal amount (expect 21K onwards, not more than 50K)...
How are these guys getting 9 petrol cars next month then? The same info was dished out by couple of SAs, so didn't look like a bogus statement to me. Are they trying to make some quick bucks?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 12:45   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I guess we read on the Amaze thread that the 1.5L is indeed a derivative of the 1.6L Earthdreams engine! Are we missing something?
Exactly. Which means the Amaze D's modified Earth-Dreams engine might not be shared with it's hatch sibling.

I guess Honda might adapt a wait-and-watch theory for the response to the Amaze, before zeroing in on the Brio D's specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
How are these guys getting 9 petrol cars next month then? The same info was dished out by couple of SAs, so didn't look like a bogus statement to me. Are they trying to make some quick bucks?
Could be. If they are getting any cars, it must be both diesel AND petrol.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 13:42   #288
Senior - BHPian

If the launch is around the corner , why is that Amaze has not been spotted yet? . Instead we get to see the Brio D being tested all over!! I do hope that Airbags & ABS do come as optional atleast for the S variant.
Old 13th February 2013, 14:03   #289
BANNED

They are being plain silly, Big queue for the Brio AT, non-availability of the Jazz, Civic out of market, City not that hot, so what are they selling? Are they becoming like Maruti in its early days, M800 and that was it. For Honda it is the Brio MT.
Old 13th February 2013, 16:35   #290
Team-BHP Support

Re: 8 New Honda models in 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Brio needs more features at same price. Right now the i10 is beating it very nicely in sales which is its biggest direct competitor. Though i10 sales are taking a beating in general, it is still very much beating the Brio.
A new Brio should be hitting showrooms in the next 2 months. It shall have rear wash wipe and driver's seat height adjustment on higher models.

I do not know of any news regarding diesel, hence not commenting on it. This info is in February's ACI.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 23:21   #291
BHPian

Already under pressure to price Amaze competitively....Imagine the inventory clear out they'd have to manage after Amaze P+D coming in. I think this is clever inventory management. Brio AT Prices will be at par with Amaze MT top spec. City base variants will be undercut by Amaze D top spec. I think someone brilliant at Honda is working out and managing inventories very well. Dealers should remain happy at the end! Who in Honda would want to launch Amaze with a clearout sale announcement on Brio and City!!!
Old 14th February 2013, 06:41   #292
BHPian

When is the new Accord coming? I'm loving the reviews of the 9th Generation Accord.
Old 15th February 2013, 14:57   #293
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda to introduce six more new products and their derivatives.

Quote:
Honda just launched the new generation of CR-V and the company is now gearing up for the launch of the Brio-based sedan, the Amaze. The Amaze will land on Indian shores sometime in April, once the budget for the next financial year has been announced.
With the Amaze, we will also get the Brio diesel as the derivative of the Brio. The other new models that Honda is working on the Brio platform is the Brio based MPV
The other new models will be the next-generation City and the Jazz. Both these models will be based on a new platform and will have diesel powered engines as well.
There will be a Jazz-based SUV that will be competing with the Renault Duster and the Ford EcoSport.
Another new product will be the next-generation Honda Accord. We could see it come with a diesel engine option, but at a later stage.
http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...tives-9709.htm
Old 16th February 2013, 01:36   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

The birdie has dropped a couple of juicy tweets.

- Brio Amaze might be priced between 5.49L-7.59L (ex-Delhi).

- Brio-based MPV, coded "B101", might be taking on the Ertiga when launched.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th February 2013 at 01:39.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2013, 02:45   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I'm not sure if it can take on the Ertiga as the Ertiga is bigger in comparison to the Brio platform. I'm wondering if the upcoming MPV can match the sheer length and size of the Ertiga. An MPV based on the Jazz may be a good alternative to the Ertiga.
Old 16th February 2013, 10:55   #296
BANNED

Quote:

Considering that it is a pretty wide range, I expect the 5.49 Lac for the Base Petrol(E) with similar equipment to the Brio E.

But at 5.49 lacs, it is a big premium over the Brio. Almost 1.5 lacs more for the Boot, yes the wheelbase is also larger but the difference is huge. Even the etios twins have a difference of about a lac.

Though at this price, it is about 60 grand more expensive than the base Dzire, but the top end is only about 10 grand over the Dzire.

(Dzire costs 4.93-7.5 lacs ex Delhi)
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2013, 13:06   #297
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
I'm not sure if it can take on the Ertiga as the Ertiga is bigger in comparison to the Brio platform. I'm wondering if the upcoming MPV can match the sheer length and size of the Ertiga. An MPV based on the Jazz may be a good alternative to the Ertiga.
The Ertiga is based on the Swift platform. A similar one from Honda based on the Brio is quite possible. Just that it will be another tightly packaged 7-seater MPV.
Old 16th February 2013, 14:30   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The pricing is slightly higher (almost Rs.25K) than what I was expecting & have posted elsewhere. But, I still believe, I won't affect the sales badly & this product will succeed, especially because of Diesel variant as well.

Toyota (Etios), Tata (Indigo) & Mahindra (Verito) will be worst affected & Suzuki Dzire will also see dip in sales to some extent... not to forget Chevy Sail which will prove to be non starter because of this car.
Old 18th February 2013, 17:28   #299
Team-BHP Support

Honda is going all out for the CR-V with aggressive pricing and huge ad campaign. Unfortunately some of their dealers are not supporting them in trying to maximize the CR-V sales.

I happened to drive past Whitefield Honda yesterday evening and saw a CR-V parked inside. Decided to check it out if the showroom was open. Parked the car and enquired if thy were open. The guy said yes but they were about to close soon. I told him not a problem, I just wanted a quick look at the CR-V.

Went inside the showroom with my mom and dad and walked towards the display car. The car was locked so I asked the guy to unlock it. He said he cannot unlock the cars since they are closed! I asked him why did he let me in then? He kept saying his operating hours are only till 5:30PM and I should come in tomorrow. Then he brushed me off and started doing some other work. Told him that I walked in with my parents only cause he said they were not closed and I wasn't even looking for a drive, just for my folks to sit at the back to see if they were comfortable and I would take it from there. The guy was not bothered and kept repeating the same thing that the keys were given off to the guard and he cannot unlock. After requesting I got fed up and told him that when someone walks into your showroom that too with parents when the gates are open and enquires for a 25 lakh + petrol SUV, I would have atleast expected that as a sales guy you accomodate the request and unlock the car for 5 minutes. I can understand that I walked in late but a little goes a long way. All he had to do was make a few calls and get the car unlocked for 5 mins and he might have had a customer.

Finally I told him that if I walk out without sitting in the car, I will not be coming back to Whitefield Honda and would go to Dakshin or Magnum. Consider that you have lost a CR-V customer. The guy didn't even offer to take my details or give his card and just walked off.

If they want to try selling a premium Petrol SUV's at 26lakhs +, the dealers should definitely try their best as well. Luckily in Bangalore, there are 3 Honda dealers.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 18:29   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

If they want to try selling a premium Petrol SUV's at 26lakhs +, the dealers should definitely try their best as well. Luckily in Bangalore, there are 3 Honda dealers.

Completely in Agreement!! While i was lookout for my Car, i went to Whitefield Honda for a TD of the Jazz and Brio, a bunch of nuts working there at Sales. They don't know how to treat customers, they bahave as if they are doing some favour, C'mon they are already selling so less then what are they so adamant about?

I am more conclusive on this after experiencing the nice and courteous behavior from Dakshin Honda.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks