Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2014, 08:16   #451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitewheel View Post
New civic might be launched before Honda launches Jazz. May be someone could spot the test vehicle.
Really? I am also looking forward to it but haven't come across any news item about launch of civic.
I really hope they launch it soon.
Old 31st August 2014, 08:28   #452
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda India : The Way Forward

Quote:
New civic might be launched before Honda launches Jazz. May be someone could spot the test vehicle.

Reports here show otherwise- Civic not to be re-launched here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...c-india-3.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 31st August 2014 at 08:33.
Old 31st August 2014, 13:13   #453
BHPian

Quote:
No way that Honda will launch Civic this financial year. Honda senior management has already confirmed that the next launch will be Jazz in March 2015 followed by a possible launch of Accord later in the year.

I think that depending on the success of Accord, Honda may decide on Civic launch.
Old 31st August 2014, 20:18   #454
BHPian

Yes exactly. I have also heard that Honda is not thinking about civic for India right now. They think that the segment is not doing well. But I wonder since when did they expect D segment to sale in big numbers like cars from segments lower than that. The recent surge in the entry level luxury segment is a different story altogether.
Old 31st August 2014, 20:44   #455
Team-BHP Support

I think after the Jazz, Honda would be focussing on the Compact SUV segment. Since the Vezzel for the time being was ruled out for Indian market, Honda I think indicated that they were to look at the Brio platform to come with a sub-4m SUV.
Old 31st August 2014, 20:55   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think after the Jazz, Honda would be focussing on the Compact SUV segment. Since the Vezzel for the time being was ruled out for Indian market, Honda I think indicated that they were to look at the Brio platform to come with a sub-4m SUV.
Well they already have three cars on the Brio platform namely Amaze, Mobilio and Brio itself. Making another car on the same platform is not something expected from a company like Honda. Remember they used to command premium in our market hardly a couple of years back?

I think product quality wise Honda have gone through severe degradation. Amaze and Mobilio are two examples of that. No offence to the respective owners.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 17:45   #457
BHPian

In each segment honda has its position except for the civic segment. There is a high chance that Honda might bring in the civic to compete with Altis and similar models from other makers.
Old 2nd September 2014, 08:51   #458
Senior - BHPian

Maybe not in 2015, but Honda is sure to bring the Civic back. The D segment has seen a resurgence of sorts of late...with new car launches, the segment may just get back into relevance.

I think I'll need to maintain my civic till they get in the newer one
Old 2nd September 2014, 09:13   #459
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In each segment honda has its position except for the civic segment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
The D segment has seen a resurgence of sorts of late...with new car launches, the segment may just get back into relevance.

I think I'll need to maintain my civic till they get in the newer one
Need to note that the D-Segment pricing has also moved up. The erstwhile D-Segment is now taken over by premium compact X-overs. Though there is a faint over lap, but by large its gone up.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd September 2014 at 09:14.
Old 2nd September 2014, 11:50   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Need to note that the D-Segment pricing has also moved up. The erstwhile D-Segment is now taken over by premium compact X-overs. Though there is a faint over lap, but by large its gone up.
I agree with you. A decent spec D-Segment sedan is costing more than 15 lakhs on road. I remember when I bought Innova in 2007, I briefly considered buying Civic which was newly launched and its top model was costing about 12 lakhs on road! The prices of New Corolla Altis, Elantra, Octavia and Jetta start about 14 lakhs on road and end up in the region of almost 20 lakhs.

Even Honda City VX CVT is costing 12.50 lakhs on road!
Old 2nd September 2014, 11:55   #461
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
The prices of New Corolla Altis, Elantra, Octavia and Jetta start about 14 lakhs on road and end up in the region of almost 20 lakhs.
I think the top end Jetta/OCtavia (DSG Top end) is about 21/22!
Even I remember Corolla to be about 12L!
Old 8th September 2014, 12:08   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
PS: Just correcting myself, Although the report on Indian Autos Blog mentions this to be the Vezel or HR-V iteration for China it doesnt look like that in my opinion and looks like a brio based SUV rendering that Honda has shown us before.
It is indeed China developed / modified version of Honda Vezel/HR-V. It is not just a rendering, the concept was showcased in Chengdu Motor show last week. Many were of the the opinion that it was more close to production version though showcased as Concept.

While Honda had discarded Vezel launch in India, the Chinese version has given us a hope. Also the lenght has been slightly reduced (~4.2m) and now sits exactly in IX-25, Yeti range in overall dimensions.

Old 8th September 2014, 21:00   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
I think product quality wise Honda have gone through severe degradation. Amaze and Mobilio are two examples of that. No offence to the respective owners.
Why do you say that sir. Are you a Honda owner of an earlier model and now of one of the newer ones. I am the primary driver of our family's Honda Jazz which has given absolutely trouble free service over 4+ years and 41,000 kms with excellent after sales service from Ring Road Honda, Delhi-NCR. In fact after having owned about 10 different types of cars over a 35 year driving life I would rate Honda products way up there. On our forum I have sadly seen members criticizing brands without even owning that make. Lets stay with facts. If you have facts to support your contention of Honda's deteriorating quality I would be glad to be educated as I am about to buy a Amaze very soon for my mother. In the Amaze and Mobilo Honda have chosen to go with more modest interiors. That I assume is a part of their positioning to get at a certain market segment and achieve a certain (lower) price point. If they bring the Vezel it will I am sure have superior quality to match and justify a higher price point. No offense meant to you. Simply stating my opinion. Best wishes - Narayan
Old 13th September 2014, 05:28   #464
BHPian

Honda Chairman Feels Doing Business In India Is Difficult

Source Link:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/42385801.cms

Quote:
NEW DELHI: The NarendraModi government may be talking of economic reforms, but the confidence of global investors in the Indian economy still seems jittery. Honda's global chairman Fumihiko Ike has said that doing business in India remains difficult and processes in the country are "complicated" and "burdensome".

Ike, who also heads the crucial Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Association (JAMA), said the new government should take steps to improve the investment in the country as poor infrastructure and uncertain tax regime makes it tough to do business in India.

Ike's statement comes a day after British telecom giant Vodafone echoed similar sentiments and European oil major BP also expressed "frustration" over the delay in gas price hike, which was delaying the proposed investment by the company. Vodafone, which battles a Rs 20,000 crore claim by the government over a capital gains tax issue, said foreign companies find it "difficult" to do business in India because of slower government clearances.

Speaking at the 54th annual convention of Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers ( Siam) here, Ike said the Indian government needs to take steps to make the country an attractive destination for foreign investors and "improve the business environment for investments".

Ike said component suppliers to automakers "encounter problems" in getting business permits and having their paperwork done and many of the processes related to the setting up of factories are "complicated" and thus require simplification.

Ike made a special mention of the tax regime in India which he said was "burdensome" when compared to other countries. This, he said, was "impeding investments" in India.

The [Honda] chief sought an early rollout of a single goods and services tax. "India has a complex domestic tax system. We want a single tax system."

However, while highlighting the problems being faced by foreign investors, Ike had a special mention for Prime Minister Narendra Modi who promised the ease of investments in India during his recent trip to Japan.

Ike said the Japanese investors were enthused by Modi's call to increase investments in India. "He has promised that red tape will be replaced by red carpet. This makes us optimistic on making investments."

BP Plc, whose $7.2 billion investment in 2011 was the largest foreign investment in the energy sector in India, said on Thursday that the delay in implementation of a natural gas price hike was frustrating.

"We are ready to go ahead with our first project which is probably a $4 billion project. We are getting ready to potentially move that forward (but) are waiting for the gas price decision. So, is that frustration, yes because it was decided last June 2013," said Sashi Mukundan, regional president and head of country (India), BP Group.
Old 13th September 2014, 20:14   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Why do you say that sir. Are you a Honda owner of an earlier model and now of one of the newer ones. I am the primary driver of our family's Honda Jazz which has given absolutely trouble free service over 4+ years and 41,000 kms with excellent after sales service from Ring Road Honda, Delhi-NCR. In fact after having owned about 10 different types of cars over a 35 year driving life I would rate Honda products way up there. On our forum I have sadly seen members criticizing brands without even owning that make. Lets stay with facts. If you have facts to support your contention of Honda's deteriorating quality I would be glad to be educated as I am about to buy a Amaze very soon for my mother. In the Amaze and Mobilo Honda have chosen to go with more modest interiors. That I assume is a part of their positioning to get at a certain market segment and achieve a certain (lower) price point. If they bring the Vezel it will I am sure have superior quality to match and justify a higher price point. No offense meant to you. Simply stating my opinion. Best wishes - Narayan
Well sir I think you took my words too seriously. What I was trying to say is that to keep the cost of cars low they are taking some cost cutting measures. It's not just them. Infact almost all the manufacturers do that in India.

Since you are a proud Jazz owner you are at a better position to compare. But do you think that the quality of your car is the same as that of Amaze or Mobilio. Yes Jazz was a premium hatch and Amaze is meant for budget sedan segment. But since I'm a big admirer of the brand it hurts me when they compromise quality to keep the cost low even if that is the demand of the market. Same goes for Toyota as well. I was really sad when the had launched Etios and Liva with all those cost cutting cheap quality plastic and all. Actually it's the high standard these brands have set here that we always expect more from them even if that is not logical.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks