Team-BHP - Merc clk,cls,rally baleno in bangalore!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Merc clk,cls,rally baleno in bangalore!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/10190-merc-clk-cls-rally-baleno-bangalore.html)

Spotted some really sexy cars yesterday night.
Going to samarkand for dinner on that road parallel to mg road.Hear an amazin roar and a black clk kompressor whizzes past me. Followed the car and took a really bad quality vid which i might post later on.Went past safina plaza when i saw this silver merc cls 350,wit a mid aged man waiting for his family to get in.Reached samarkand(its a arabian eatery kinda place) and park.Then comes this rally spec mrf baleno complete wit the mrf rally tires,roll cage,bucket seats...blah blah!!.
Okay...finished dinner,come out and see a red lancer parked outside.I know thats a little sad after the cars id seen on d way but it looked hot!!!!.The body kit was amazing,side profile was great with 17'' rims,the car had the number 69 all around with lightening audio stickers.Front looked saaaaad with palio lights and a trashy bonnet.couldnt take pics coz the security guys were shouting!!

pics:
baleno:

Car usin v-tec rims

Pics taken on a razr v3...........cursing myself for not carryin a camera:Frustrati :Frustrati

Does BadCheetah have anything to do with the Baleno.
Moreover, MRF rally team's balenos are red in colour.Looks like the OHC Vtec's alloys are the fav. with Rally cars.

I saw this car too.. has a nilgiris sticker on the rear bumper.

Saw the Baleno too...could be prepped at FRK, since they are getting into rally cars. If you notice, this Baleno is a pre-2004 model.

Moderator Note : Please do not disclose the owners identity.

Quote:

If you notice, this Baleno is a pre-2004 model.
How are u saying? I dont know to differentiate old and new balenos.

The grille. The newer ones have chrome slats, and you can't see the black honeycomb, unlike on this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous
Looks like the OHC Vtec's alloys are the fav. with Rally cars.

Maybe (this is a guess...but a possibility) coz they are forged and not cast ?

cya
R

Very unlikely Rehaan. Only ppl like Porsche and BMW-M use forged wheels on their top line models. This one looks like its cast and fully machined and gives taht forged look.

Hmm..makes sense Mpower. I was just wondering if it was possible since i do remember seeing how ridiculously expensive the "official honda" alloys were, and wondering; but then i guess that is a case of ripping off customers.../?

Interestingly though the old mercs (W123 i know of for sure) used to come with forged alloys...

cya
R

ps - You think they would waste time in production maching the alloys after casting them just to give it "that forged look", when almost noone knows the difference ?

Nothing fancy about the alloys. I've seen rally teams using stock pressed steel rims, painted white. So the "great Honda alloys" would just have been lying around, waiting to be used.

To come back to this topic of stock VTEC alloys, here is an interesting post.
More info on this would be appreciated -

Enkei

cya
R

Hey Binz
The photos aren't that bad....but seems biased that u only got baleno pics:p
Confused : Nilgiris n Delhi reg in Bangalore....!!!