Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is a Skoda worth buying anymore?
Yes - The strengths of the product outweigh the ownership headaches 67 23.51%
No - Service and Support matter to me as much as the car 218 76.49%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2006, 13:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
You sure it was a TDI. The Octavis diesels are one of the most noisest vehicles around. Infact NVH even in the Laura is pathetic.
Dude read the brackets. Sitting inside windows rolled up and doing a leisurely 60kmph.
Of course, once you step out, you realize its a diesel.

I dont know where you get your facts from, but whatever it is, its rubbish. When you compare NVH levels to cars like Accent/Indigo/Lancer/Elantra, its certainly better. I would say its as good as Fiesta TDCi.

Heck, we are not discussing NVH levels here.. are we!?

Last edited by Stratos : 30th January 2006 at 21:12.
Old 30th January 2006, 13:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
Dude read the brackets. Sitting inside windows rolled up and doing a leisurely 60kmph.
Of course, once you step out, you realize its a diesel.
The noise creeps in with ease. sound deadning is not so good. Maybe Music was on in the car you were in. It may not sound good for some people. But i just love the way it sounds.
Old 30th January 2006, 15:05   #18
Team-BHP Support

The first time I sat on the front seat of the octavia, I was wondering wether I am supposed to keep my feet on the dash. As for the rear seat the less said the better.
The Fabia I sat in had good room in front and avg in rear, but if they plan to charge 7000 for an oil change on a 8-9L car and 15000 for a paid service I guess they have to be content with selling 50 cars a month.
Old 30th January 2006, 16:12   #19
BHPian

As an octavia owner myself, i wouldnt really have to think long and hard before buying another Skoda car. Thats not cause of the quality of the car itself but the problems with the dealers all across the country (from what i have read). As pointed out (rightly) by one of the mods, the spares are a bomb to buy , if is remember right my side view mirror cost something like 7000 odd bucks , a normal service where nothing is wrong with the car also costs you bucket loads of money. Sometimes certain parts also seem to be never in stock and takes ages to get them.

Our local dealer here refuses to service a Skoda which is not bought from him . Although people have complained but the company seems to turn a blind eye to these facts.

Also, renaming a new model and calling it the Laura is also quite weird, and seems like they just want to earn an unjustified premium. I think Skoda needs to get its act together quick or they might be in for a rude awakening. The indian consumer is not like before and will definately shun the companys products if the company and its dealers tred this path.

Another thing i feel is that Skoda keeps getting these sales more for their diesel engines. Its true that they make good cars but the "Diesel Factor " seems to be a key factor in their sales at the moment.
It will be really interesting to see what happens when other companys launch diesel engines in skoda's price segment !!
Old 30th January 2006, 16:31   #20
Team-BHP Support

So far I have been lucky. I fear that my luck can/will run out.

How many times do you have to have a good car ruined by poor service and support. Palio, Octavia, Corsa, to name a few.

Last edited by navin : 30th January 2006 at 16:36.
Old 30th January 2006, 16:53   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeman
Our local dealer here refuses to service a Skoda which is not bought from him .
Oh God! What does that mean? Skoda has very few service centers and they refuse to service on such silly reasons?

I bought my Baleno from Bimal, but recently I have been to Mandovi service center twice for some simple problems. Not only they worked on it, they didn't charge me a rupee either time.

I see the Fiat story repeating here, great cars & pathetic backup.
Old 30th January 2006, 17:09   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I see the Fiat story repeating here, great cars & pathetic backup.
Lets not take it that far guys! They are not the best, but they are not that bad either! I would put them on the same level as GM from my experience.
Old 30th January 2006, 17:31   #23
DRC
BHPian

I own a petra, I I know what service means...
I had almost decided to buy a skoda and went to Tafe access, , surprised by what they said, I think they sold themselves to be bad..
They dont want to offer pick up and drop services...
expensive service charges...
big one, they do not tie up with any insurance vendor for quick or cash less service..:wtf:

and a lot more
Old 30th January 2006, 17:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Lets not take it that far guys! They are not the best, but they are not that bad either! I would put them on the same level as GM from my experience.
Butttttttttt GM seems to have buckled up some time back. After launching the Chevvy badge here, their service has drastically improved.

Quote:
The first time I sat on the front seat of the octavia, I was wondering wether I am supposed to keep my feet on the dash. As for the rear seat the less said the better
Old 30th January 2006, 18:34   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa
Butttttttttt
GTO's younger brother here? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa
GM seems to have buckled up some time back. After launching the Chevvy badge here, their service has drastically improved.
Thats what I meant Busa. Chevy is part of GM last I heard!
Old 30th January 2006, 18:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

When a person is buying a car, he isn't buying just "the car" he is buying whole package of salse support & that sort of stuff.
As GTO pointed out maintainance cost is too high. Perhaps people go for it just after hearing about FE of that 1.9TDI. And those who buy RS, well they can afford those spare costs.
Old 30th January 2006, 19:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

Forget Skoda service, their dealers suck. I've been wanting a test-drive of the RS for almost a year now, and they've kept me and my dad waiting. Civic/Elantra zindabaad!

IMHO, Skoda is worse than Fiat.
Old 30th January 2006, 19:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
GTO's younger brother here? lol
hahaha .. and that thought gave me an idea which I just cannot resist posting !

What will they call the Skoda Fabia when it is launched ????

Skoda Butttttt !!!

Edit : just realised after posting .. no offence to you GTO or any brother you may have ! This is absolutely unrelated !!

Last edited by shuvc : 30th January 2006 at 19:05.
Old 30th January 2006, 21:05   #29
BANNED

How about Skoda in Chennai?

I have just two friends who own a Skoda Octavia here in Chennai and I learnt that they are both out of town when I went over to ask them how good/ bad Skoda the workshop/ service station in Chennai is yesterday. Do any of you own a Skoda in Chennai or have some genuine information on how good/ bad the Skoda the workshop/ service station in Chennai is? Your early response in this regard will be highly appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by MrBoombastic : 30th January 2006 at 21:08.
Old 30th January 2006, 21:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Boom, IMHO going by the Trivandrum+Bangalore+Mumbai Skoda dealerships, the Chennai one can't be much better. Though your heart must be set on the Laura, maybe you should consider this a big warning!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks