Tempo Trax 39 6.74%
Fiat Palio Stile 1.1 24 4.15%
Other (Please specify) 45 7.77%
Voters: 579. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2006, 00:10   #16
BANNED

I'd say the Versa is the worst car on Indian roads today. Ugly as hell and can't handle to save its life.
Old 31st January 2006, 01:21   #17
SLK
Senior - BHPian

TATA sumo gets another vote
I think it barely serves the purpose it is made for.
Yes it is a truly rural vehicle.... not in the sense that it is tough enough to handle the rural roads.... but it is crude enough to just be there and nowhere else.
Old 31st January 2006, 03:46   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

why curse the tata sumo when ambassadors and mahindra di's are here
Old 31st January 2006, 04:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Maruti OMNI is the most dangerous vehicle sold. It also has a ride quality and ergonomics thats terrible and only a little better than a rickshaw. Sumo is a luxo barge in comparison and is 100 times safer too. Problem with Sumo is that now with Turbo power its too fast for its own good and can get a little top heavy. But its high speed manners are still better than a Scorpio. So, I have to vote for OMNI.
Old 31st January 2006, 05:00   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Maruti OMNI is the most dangerous vehicle sold. It also has a ride quality and ergonomics thats terrible and only a little better than a rickshaw. Sumo is a luxo barge in comparison and is 100 times safer too. Problem with Sumo is that now with Turbo power its too fast for its own good and can get a little top heavy. But its high speed manners are still better than a Scorpio. So, I have to vote for OMNI.
Old 31st January 2006, 05:27   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Problem with Sumo is that now with Turbo power its too fast for its own good and can get a little top heavy. But its high speed manners are still better than a Scorpio..
scorpio might be terrible handler but still a lot better than the sumo,people who have pushed a sumo to limits can tell u,i have driven both the vehivles to the limit and my expirience with sumo was far more scary.
Old 31st January 2006, 06:03   #22
BHPian

Quote:
totally agree with you buddy! OMNI with its out-of-the-town looks outdated...and has very dangerous sliders that always has the driver in a spot of bother while making a sharp turn...does not have any aerodynamism which limits its performance and mileage..SUMO like rightly pointed out is a tad bit heavier and murky to handle in city traffic ..i had some horrible time loading it up on a steep hilly terrain...goes out of control many a times..
Old 31st January 2006, 06:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoombastic
Have you ever driven a Sumo? I bet you haven't.
Have you ever bothered to notice the bodyroll in a Sumo? I bet you haven't.
Have you ever seen/ felt how easily Sumos lose control (and I'm not talking of toppling)? I bet you haven't.
etc. etc. etc.

Yes, those Kamikaze Taxi drivers and a certain XXL sized birdbrain who in his own sandblasted thinks he is Schumacher in his so-called wheels while losing control at just 30kmph have also added to this. Besides, the thread asked what you think is the worst car and not what car does your friend who you consider to be your lil bro thinks is the worst.

BTW... How are your studies going? One of my nieces who is in XIIth has some examinations going on even now. I also heard something about examinations getting done with early this year thanks to the elections... Wishing you the best of luck, thambi!
Dont you THAMBI me, UNCLE!!!!! hehehehehehe........

No, sadly I have never had the oppurtunity to drive one (I hope Mr Nitrous will help fulfil that end one day), but I have travelled in Sumos on various occasions, and even though I remember my parents hating it and calling it horrid, I didnt notice the body roll. Maybe I was too busy listening out to the turbo (it was the top end turbo deluxe version).......

Studies? Yeah theyre chugging along, $#^$&^%$%# board exams............
Old 31st January 2006, 09:02   #24
BHPian

Has to be the Omni. Driving that car over 80kmph is like knocking the doors to hell.

The worst ownership experience we had though was with a Peugot 309 GL.
Old 31st January 2006, 09:06   #25
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, even my dad did not have a good ownership experience.

The electronics and AC gave us hell, even though the mechanicals seemed robust.
islero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2006, 10:36   #26
BANNED

Quote:
I've driven both the vehichles (Scorpio for close to 11,000Kms. and Sumo for close to 1,000Kms.)... The Scorpio handles far better than the Sumo on any given day. I say this because I used to do ECR till Mahabalipuram almost everyday and do ECR till Pondicherry on either a Saturday or a Sunday with the needle close to 140kmph at most times in a Scorpio. The two times that I drove the Sumo on a long drive - Chennai - Bangalore - Chennai - were scary as hell and I dont think I even crossed 110kmph.

Apart from that, the interiors and looks (subjective, but I doubt anyone will say the Sumo looks better than a Scorpio) of a Scorpio make the Tata Sumo look mighty lame in comparison.

Last edited by MrBoombastic : 31st January 2006 at 10:39.
Old 31st January 2006, 13:42   #27

The worst car in India is the jeep. it does not even have doors so I am not allowed to sit on the window seat. It is very noisy and it has bad seats in the back. when it rained the driver closed everything with sheets and it became very hot inside. i dont like it at all
Old 31st January 2006, 14:21   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Interesting Topic. Just added a poll to this with the options that are mentioned thus far.

GTO
Old 31st January 2006, 14:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

GTO, you missed Maruti Swift as an option. I saw some paintbrush drawing in some thread by somebody, which depicted Swift as a Camel/Horse :
Old 31st January 2006, 14:28   #30
BHPian

San Storm it has to be...... what a pathetic excuse for a car!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed