Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2011, 10:03   #241
BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Nice catch car_crazy1400!

From the looks of it it seems to be as wide as the Scorpio and a little lower in height. If the length is around the same as the Innova and it is priced right, Maruti definitely has a winner in their hands.
Old 21st July 2011, 11:38   #242
BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Nice catch Car_Crazy

Looks like a proper 7 seater too, if only they can put a good 90 bhp diesel in it and bieng a Maruti it is bound to click.
Old 21st July 2011, 12:23   #243
BHPian

Actuallly doesn't look as wide as an Innova to me. Looks like its width will fall between the Innova and Ritz.

From the rear end, it looks like the Alto to me with that camo on it.
Old 21st July 2011, 13:32   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
I caught this a couple of days ago at Kalindi kunj, Going from the G.Noida Expressway towards Delhi.
A very good catch, giving us a better degree of size comparison, since there are other vehicles too in the background !

@car_crazy, what was your first reaction regarding the size when you saw this next to you, compared to other MUVs ? Thanks for posting
Old 21st July 2011, 13:42   #245
Senior - BHPian

Car_crazy, you beauty!!! Bring it on!
We are in for a lot more competition across the various segments..
Old 21st July 2011, 13:54   #246
BHPian

Before we even know it, these scoop pictures will get copied and find their way into other auto blogs, magazines etc. Mods pls water mark them (maybe somewhere on the vehicle itself). Tbhp content should remain with Tbhp.

Great scoop. Now I am itching to see the side profile of the car. That is what will make or break the deal. I hope maruti has not done the Dezire with this one.
Old 21st July 2011, 14:11   #247
BHPian

This was not too big, looked like an elongated & bloated Ritz sans the boomerang rear end.

Had 205 size tires looked at least 15" steel rims.

But its looking bigger in the photos than it actually is. If one is able to seat 6 adults in this, comfortably, I'd be surprised.

Its difficult to put a size quotient on this as its quiet smaller than an Innova. More of a slightly bigger than a Honda Jazz.
Old 21st July 2011, 16:42   #248
Senior - BHPian

Good catch! I'm seriously considering this as my Dzire replacement in the end of 2012, since I dont see much action happening at the sub 10 lakh apart from the Nissan sunny for a fully loaded diesel car. Rather this R3 will be very versatile and can be used as a regular car.
Old 21st July 2011, 16:58   #249
BHPian

Most people just hate the rear of the Ritz. If this 7-seater is based on the Ritz platform, they should change the rear of the Ritz to this. Forget the international model, Maruti should have a Ritz customized for India based on this vehicle.

Maruti should relaunch the Ritz based on the rear of this MPV and take the new Swift parts (including the VVT engine and new fuel tank to reduce weight). An automatic option (even the 4 speed) will be more than welcome.

But they have too much on their hands with the new Swift and this MPV to bother about the Ritz. Ritz will continue to play second fiddle to the Swift.

Pradeep

Last edited by pradkumar : 21st July 2011 at 17:07.
Old 21st July 2011, 17:08   #250
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
Most people just hate the rear of the Ritz. If this 7-seater is based on the Ritz platform, they should change the rear of the Ritz to this. Forget the international model, Maruti should have a Ritz customized for India based on this vehicle.

Maruti should relaunch the Ritz based on the rear of this MPV and take the new Swift parts (including the VVT engine and new fuel tank to reduce weight). An automatic option (even the 4 speed) will be more than welcome.
Exactly my thoughts! Many prospective buyers stay away from Ritz because of its rear.

International model 'Splash' is different even in its name.

The change you mentioned will make Ritz a very attractive buy, and will fill the void created by the Swift if the new Swift is positioned much higher than the current one.

Also, it will give tough fight to i10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Its difficult to put a size quotient on this as its quiet smaller than an Innova. More of a slightly bigger than a Honda Jazz.
That means it will be an ideal city commuter for large families.

This image shows RIII is significantly shorter in height than Scorpio.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-img_0163.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 21st July 2011 at 17:28.
Old 22nd July 2011, 01:07   #251
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
Now I am itching to see the side profile of the car. That is what will make or break the deal. I hope maruti has not done the Dezire with this one.
Based on the spy pics, here's the most probable side profile, IMO:
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-22072011622.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 22nd July 2011 at 01:15.
Old 22nd July 2011, 21:52   #252
BHPian

@romeomidhun - the profile pics are already out in autocarindia.com. A bit of revision to your sketch required perhaps!

check out this link - http://www.autocarindia.com/category...autocar-images

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 22nd July 2011 at 21:53. Reason: inserting link
Rigid Rotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 23:44   #253
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
@romeomidhun - the profile pics are already out in autocarindia.com. A bit of revision to your sketch required perhaps!

check out this link - Maruti MPV Autocar Images | Autocar India
Thanks for the link! Side profile seems uninspiring, IMO.

That scoop image proves the car is very narrow compared to Innova, and most probably will be under 4m length. But sure, the designers had the Innova in their mind while designing the car.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-maruti_r3_new.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 22nd July 2011 at 23:47.
Old 25th July 2011, 13:18   #254
BANNED

The new Nissan Grand Livina X-Gear's side profile looks very similar to that of RIII...
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-nissanlivinaxgearspyshot1_770.jpg  

Old 25th July 2011, 13:49   #255
BHPian

Nice Scoop romeomidhun.
Hope the leg room and head room space design is done keeping the Indians avg height and build, in mind and not the Japanese, unlike other MSIL's vehicles.
Atleast this time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks