Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2011, 20:55   #286
BANNED

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Direct ingress to third row seats without folding of seats seems to be on offer in this MPV, going by the side pic, which shows overlap of the rear door length into the third row legspace zone.

A very useful feature indeed, if offered, even if it's for kids
According to this pic, it is not a possibility.

BTW, it would have been better if the B-pillar also is painted black.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-img00020201105120337.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 12th August 2011 at 20:56.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 21:23   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
BTW, it would have been better if the B-pillar also is painted black.
You are looking at a LXi variant. The higher variants should come with the A & B pillars painted black. Infact that's some sticker like material and not paint, you could get it done for around Rs. 500-1000/- in some good accessories shops.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 22:05   #288
Senior - BHPian

Honest attempt by Maruti - you may not like it but wont dislike it
MSIL understands Indian market too well..

I highly doubt this will be in Innova category. Its a bigger-Ritz + 3rd row seating, isnt it?

If so expect prices to be higher by max 2.5 Lakhs (50K additional for the excise duty + 1L for the engine + 1L for the boot) over the Ritz..

Around 6.5L ex-showroom for the LXi petrol? Whoa!!!
Equus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2011, 07:39   #289
BHPian

The most reveal spyshots is here

The most revealed and undisguided spyshot of Suzuki R3 MPV | SUZUKI FAN
thainogkok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2011, 10:30   #290
Senior - BHPian

Weirdly, the rear of the R3 reminds me of the Jazz :-/ But overall, I wonder what is the purpose of the the R3, if it is not going to be as spacious as the Xylo or the Innova? They already have a similarly sized Eeco in their range right? To me, it doesn't look as spacious as even the Tavera! :(
Old 13th August 2011, 11:05   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Weirdly, the rear of the R3 reminds me of the Jazz :-/ But overall, I wonder what is the purpose of the the R3, if it is not going to be as spacious as the Xylo or the Innova? They already have a similarly sized Eeco in their range right? To me, it doesn't look as spacious as even the Tavera! :(
The vehicle makes sense for lot of us who have small kids and would like to travel with comfort with parents or occasional guests/friends. It is fuel efficient enough for routine use and spacious enough for that occasional outing with guests. Need I say that it does not cost a bomb too!
ajay0612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2011, 11:21   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You are looking at a LXi variant. The higher variants should come with the A & B pillars painted black. Infact that's some sticker like material and not paint, you could get it done for around Rs. 500-1000/- in some good accessories shops.
+1 to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Honest attempt by Maruti - you may not like it but wont dislike it
MSIL understands Indian market too well..

I highly doubt this will be in Innova category. Its a bigger-Ritz + 3rd row seating, isnt it?

If so expect prices to be higher by max 2.5 Lakhs (50K additional for the excise duty + 1L for the engine + 1L for the boot) over the Ritz..

Around 6.5L ex-showroom for the LXi petrol? Whoa!!!
Spot on, this does look like a stretched out Ritz / Jazz and should cater to a lot of people who are looking for something better than the bare bones EECO.

Quote:
The tail lamps are indeed very similar to Jazz. The R3 should cater to a lot of folks who dont like the basic EECO and dont want the bulk of an Innova / Xylo / Tavera.

As Ajay says it makes a lot of sense to folks who want a comfortable people mover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
The vehicle makes sense for lot of us who have small kids and would like to travel with comfort with parents or occasional guests/friends. It is fuel efficient enough for routine use and spacious enough for that occasional outing with guests. Need I say that it does not cost a bomb too!
Yes, very shrewd analysis of the target segment of R3. With the added benefit of a diesel mill, this should do well.

Rodeomidhun, you are right about the folding seats - the pic quoted from the ZDI variant from the initial post seems like a direct lift from the Swift

Last edited by uday.ere : 13th August 2011 at 11:25.
Old 13th August 2011, 11:42   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely!!! Couldnt agree more!

My only plea is that the 3rd row seats should be completely detachable (like the Yeti's 2nd row seats). That would be ultimate practical but Maruti wont do it!

This car will not compete with Xylo/Innova/Tavera, but rather with the likes of mini-Xylo and other MPV-wannabee's.. So dont compare with Innova please!
Old 13th August 2011, 12:27   #294
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Oh yes, 7-seaters like these are supremely practical. The major draw is, these types of cars are easy to drive around as a hatchback, and has the practical comfort of a 7-seater. Kind of ideal segment for Indian families. It does not have the bulk of cars like Innova, and is ideal for the City runabouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Absolutely!!! Couldnt agree more!
My only plea is that the 3rd row seats should be completely detachable (like the Yeti's 2nd row seats). That would be ultimate practical but Maruti wont do it!
Normally the 3rd row seats are either detachable, or can be pulled down to a flatbed floor. Not sure how it is designed in this one.
Old 13th August 2011, 12:39   #295
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I agree, as romeomidhun has pointed out, direct ingress to 3rd row is not the option here, going by the folding seat shown in the interior pic.

From the same pic, I was disappointed to see the absence of a split folding option for the 3rd row seat, which could have released some luggage space / increased flexibility.
Old 13th August 2011, 15:28   #296
Senior - BHPian

Yes yes, I failed to notice that the Eeco is too basic for families to be comfortable to be in as well as to be seen in. My bad guys But the reports which claim that the Suzuki R3 would try to eat in on the Toyota's pie or try to dethrone the Innova are baseless, as these two are meant for different target customers. The Innova would be the highway king and the R3 could be the most affordable and city friendly MPV for the families yet
Old 13th August 2011, 15:42   #297
BANNED

Quote:
There are speculations that this car will get a new 1.4L K-Series engine. Not sure of the power figures though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Supposedly a 1.4L K series according to ACI making upto 95 horses.
Thanks for the info. But 1.4L VVT produces only 95 BHP while 1.2L VVT (in new Swift) produces 87BHP? De-tuned for mileage?

Quote:
You are looking at a LXi variant. The higher variants should come with the A & B pillars painted black.
Oh, my bad! You have rightly noticed the LXi badge! I thought it was another Z version used for testing. But A-pillar painted black? No chance at all!

BTW, why an LXi version at this stage? Usually, the high end models are used for testing. Has Maruti started mass production of RIII?

The headlights (with a bit of modification), dash, C-pillar, rear window and spoiler are from Swift, while front profile and grill, front quarter glass are from Ritz. The Jazz-like tail lamps are much modern than what I thought when I saw the spy pics on page 1.

A much raised rear would have given the car a more sharper look, IMO.

Quote:
But overall, I wonder what is the purpose of the the R3, if it is not going to be as spacious as the Xylo or the Innova? They already have a similarly sized Eeco in their range right? To me, it doesn't look as spacious as even the Tavera! :(
Are you comparing Eeco and RIII? You are so cruel to RIII! You will understand the purpose of RIII once the sales figures are out!

This will be a right mix of style, fuel efficiency, price, compact spaciousness, passenger capacity, city driveability, highway stability and Maruti's trusted support.

Quote:
But the reports which claim that the Suzuki R3 would try to eat in on the Toyota's pie or try to dethrone the Innova are baseless, as these two are meant for different target customers. The Innova would be the highway king and the R3 could be the most affordable and city friendly MPV for the families yet
This city driveability itself will make RIII the choice of many urban families over Innova, and Innova will definitely suffer, IMO.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 13th August 2011 at 16:08.
Old 13th August 2011, 17:13   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But A-pillar painted black? No chance at all!
Why? My Swift VDi has a black painted A pillar. Going by that logic, the RIII V&Z versions might have it. Even if it doesn't come with those, you have an option to do it aftermarket, not for much money as well.

Quote:
BTW, why an LXi version at this stage? Usually, the high end models are used for testing. Has Maruti started mass production of RIII?
The spied car doesnt look like a test car since its not camouflaged. Also the company might have started test production of pre-production batches. Remember we first got the car pics when it was about to be send to Japan and was quoted that launch is soon.
Old 13th August 2011, 18:48   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Why? My Swift VDi has a black painted A pillar. Going by that logic, the RIII V&Z versions might have it. Even if it doesn't come with those, you have an option to do it aftermarket, not for much money as well.
The blackened A-Piller does not go well with the design, IMO. While for Swift, due to the 'disconnected' A-piller-Roof the blackening makes perfect blending of the glass cockpit.
Old 13th August 2011, 23:49   #300
Senior - BHPian

It would be awesomely practical if the third row seats can be completely removed and the 2nd row could be moved. Imagine the practicality when you can remove the third row seats completely and push back the second row seats somewhat liberating copious amounts of leg room for the second row and luggage space in the boot in case there are just 4-5 passengers and pull the second row a bit forward and fix the third row in case you have to take in kids. Great for an urban family with kids IMHO.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed