Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2011, 18:41   #331
Team-BHP Support

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Only point to make:

How much a 1.3 DDIS can pull? Is that enough for a MUV of such size?
I thought at least a 1.6L should be needed.

Why is it that Suzuki/Tata not working out deals with Fiat on the 1.6MJD?
Is something happening on that front?
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 19:07   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Why is it that Suzuki/Tata not working out deals with Fiat on the 1.6MJD?
Is something happening on that front?
I read somewhere that Maruti has signed up for the license of 1.6 MJD from Fiat. It was couple of months back. I guess if that happens, it should first come in SX4 facelift / refresh which is due in 2 years or so.
Old 3rd September 2011, 23:52   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Only point to make:

I thought at least a 1.6L should be needed.
Anyone who has driven 1.3 DDIS with 5 passengers+moderate trunk load of stuff will know with how much difficulty the car pulls. I'm sure this will be a limitation for a MPV driven with this engine. But, I still feel this MPV will be a run away success for Maruti.
Old 4th September 2011, 02:23   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
Anyone who has driven 1.3 DDIS with 5 passengers+moderate trunk load of stuff will know with how much difficulty the car pulls.
1.3 DDiS is not that bad ! I have driven my Swift D with 5 passengers at 160 on a highway. Pulls clean and still more juice left, I left trying higher speeds. The car can cruise without any problems with 5 passengers and a decent load. Even the SX4 D which I TD'ed was good to cruise - never felt it is under powered.

Ohh yeah, you cannot win a drag race on 1.3 MJD loaded with 5 adults.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 4th September 2011 at 02:27.
Old 4th September 2011, 02:27   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

If a Versa with a 82bhp 1.3liter petrol engine could do wonders in pulling loads(which I have experienced on multiple occasions) ,a 1.3DDiS should be able to do well in similar circumstances.
Old 4th September 2011, 08:44   #336
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
1.3 DDiS is not that bad ! I have driven my Swift D with 5 passengers at 160 on a highway. Pulls clean and still more juice left, I left trying higher speeds. The car can cruise without any problems with 5 passengers and a decent load. Even the SX4 D which I TD'ed was good to cruise - never felt it is under powered.

Ohh yeah, you cannot win a drag race on 1.3 MJD loaded with 5 adults.

But the MPV will also be much heavier in weight compared to Swift
(SX4 included I hope). With such increased mass, where does that leave
the 1.3 DDIS? I hear/read that for SX4 it does a decent job. But some how I
very much doubt if it would work for the people mover.
Old 4th September 2011, 09:30   #337
Senior - BHPian

I feel the Ertiga will be no heavier than the SX4 at some 1200 kgs and 1.3 DDiS would be adequate. When the Altis can do with a 1.4 with similar figures; so can a light build Maruti Ertiga, with slightly shorter gearing to mask the heft.
Old 5th September 2011, 11:34   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Whatever the Ertiga has to provide, according to me a corrected rear-end to the Ritz will do wonders to this great car.
Be it three rows or two rows. Its only the rear-end thats playing the spoil sport for Ritz all this while.

Frankly I love the car a lot. And I am happy that its getting a back-lift along with an additional row.
People have different opinions.For me the only thing appealing in the ritz is the very european rear.I just hate the front,looks like a mangled swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I just hope that the 1.3DDiS can provide good driveability in city traffic and Maruti gives it not-too-hard clutch and smooth gearshift (like SX4)

Very possible that the same gearbox is carried over from the sx4.maruti just loves sharing components.Am not complaining because a share of the cost savings is passed on to the customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
My Maruti ASC, from where I picked up my Esteem today after servicing, mentioned December 2011 as the launch month for the MPV. Also, the new M800 is expected to hit the roads in the same month, according to him.
Very unlikely.Most probably it might be shown in the 2012 jan autoexpo and deliveries should commence around apr-may.But its just a wild guess
Old 5th September 2011, 17:35   #339
BANNED

Source: Ertiga is Maruti's new mini-MPV | Autocar India
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-maruti_new_mpv_08.jpg  

romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 12:58   #340
Senior - BHPian

Found some more pics online,courtesy CarWale,AutoBild India and The Automotive India. Looks pretty vanilla,especially in LXi trim.A far cry from the stunning R-III concept.

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-7851_l.jpg

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-864.jpg

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-865.jpg
AyAn! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 13:23   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I seem to have found my new car. I was looking for a 7 seater and my search ends here.
Old 6th September 2011, 15:36   #342
BANNED

Let me suggest a new name - Suzuki Zindagi

BTW, I still have a doubt - is the roof arched like that of Ritz, or flat like Swift / WR?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 6th September 2011 at 15:57.
Old 6th September 2011, 16:19   #343
BHPian

If the Maruti MUV drives 80% like the Swift and offers 80% of Innova's practicality, then I am ready with my money to buy this one!
Old 6th September 2011, 17:19   #344
BHPian

The car looks like a stretched estate version of the swift. How is the space inside ?
Old 6th September 2011, 18:51   #345
Senior - BHPian

I think its a very practical car. I never thought I could use an innova on a daily basis due to its sheer size and also it never offered you that driving ease. And the 6th / 7th seats are always used occasionally. So if the ertiga is priced right, i could be in line! 8.5 lakhs OTR bangalore for the VDI version would be just right. 1 lakh above the dzire VDI and about 80k lesser than the SX4 VDI. Anything more and it would be disastrous. They have to get the diesel version's pricing right. A car of this size will be bought mostly in diesel. Atleast 80% sales should come from diesel.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks