Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2012, 20:44   #541
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmeister View Post
General question:
Why isnt there a brake pad on the disc brake behind the alloy?!
Good catch! I can't think of any technical reason, may be it was a photoshop error.

Last edited by mTorque : 4th January 2012 at 20:44. Reason: Typo error
Old 5th January 2012, 15:52   #542
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Flash news received from Maruti Suzuki :

"Ertiga will be unveiled on 6th January 2012 at 12.30 pm"

Catch the launch at :

www.marutisuzuki.com/autoexpo

Should be an exciting moment !
Does this unveiling also include releasing price and other details?

Does anyone have an idea if already dealers have started taking pre-bookings?
Old 6th January 2012, 12:57   #543
BHPian

The Webcast is on right now on the site. There is a short teaser ad before the actual webcast starts. The video is not smooth or good quality, I am getting a lot of pauses and jerkiness.
paragpatankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 14:11   #544
Senior - BHPian

Source: 2012 Auto Expo Live: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in India - News & Articles from 11th Auto Expo New Delhi at OnCars India

- The diesel variant will don the reliable Fiat 1.3-litre multijet engine that will produce 88PS of power at 4000rpm and 200Nm of torque at 1750rpm.
- The petrol variant will wear a 1.4-litre engine that will produce 94PS at 6000rpm and 130Nm of torque at 4000rpm.
- The new MPV has dynamic styling and looks completely different from the current Maruti products.
- The mileage is expected to be around 10 – 12 kmpl in the real world.
- Ertiga is big enough to seat 7 persons with ease. Of the three rows, middle and rear can be foldable and will be available in different configurations as per requirement.
- The design is more like a car than a commercial vehicle with bulky wheel arches, pronounced shoulder lines and an integrated spoiler
- Easy ingress, egress and walk-in for the third row. Dash board is similar to the one housed in the Swift, but it will have a beige tinge. The top-end Ertiga will feature 15-inch alloys. The MPV Ertiga is said to be launched in the market by March end.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-ertiga2.jpg  

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-ertiga1.jpg  

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-ertiga4.jpg  

Last edited by jinojohnt : 6th January 2012 at 14:18.
Old 6th January 2012, 14:49   #545
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Very nice indeed.

But would this same old 1.3 MJD not be badly underpowered for such a large, high seating capacity type vehicle?
Considering that even the Innova 2.4 when fully loaded with people and luggage, feels slightly sluggish!

Whatever it is this Maruti will sell simply because it is a Maruti and I think this time it will give some solid competition to the Xylo etc. Any news on pricing yet? Perhaps in order to compete with the Xylo and Innova, around 10 lacs on road for the top end one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Source: 2012 Auto Expo Live: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in India - News & Articles from 11th Auto Expo New Delhi at OnCars India

- The diesel variant will don the reliable Fiat 1.3-litre multijet engine that will produce 88PS of power at 4000rpm and 200Nm of torque at 1750rpm.
- The petrol variant will wear a 1.4-litre engine that will produce 94PS at 6000rpm and 130Nm of torque at 4000rpm.
- The new MPV has dynamic styling and looks completely different from the current Maruti products.
- The mileage is expected to be around 10 – 12 kmpl in the real world.
- Ertiga is big enough to seat 7 persons with ease. Of the three rows, middle and rear can be foldable and will be available in different configurations as per requirement.
- The design is more like a car than a commercial vehicle with bulky wheel arches, pronounced shoulder lines and an integrated spoiler
- Easy ingress, egress and walk-in for the third row. Dash board is similar to the one housed in the Swift, but it will have a beige tinge. The top-end Ertiga will feature 15-inch alloys. The MPV Ertiga is said to be launched in the market by March end.
Old 6th January 2012, 15:27   #546
BHPian

This will sell like hot samosas. Maruthi, for the first time, launched a good looking car!As far as power is concerned, they do not have any alternative other than the 1.3 Fiat Engine. But, if a 5 seater is choosen, this car is going to rock. Waiting for the initial reviews, then will replace my Alto with Ertiga.

For a 7 seater, 88 PS would definitely be an underpowered car. but, how many times, we will move with 7 persons, is another question.

I am a bit sceptic on the SUV kind GC with 15 Inch tyres though?!!! It looks like 70-75 mm on the pictures

I suppose, pricing could be anywhere between 9 - 10 lacs.
Anyway, hats off to Maruti for this wonderful product
Old 6th January 2012, 15:51   #547
BHPian

I agree with shankar.balan, just look at the size of vehicle, 7people with luggage with 1.3multijet engine seems like puny!!
Old 6th January 2012, 15:55   #548
Distinguished - BHPian

The front looks better than expected and the rest of the car is as expected from the scoop pics.
BTW, have anyone noticed how big the rear door is,compared to the rest of the vehicle. Feels like a purpose made taxi door.
Old 6th January 2012, 16:07   #549
Senior - BHPian

Some points that I could note:
1. Back wheels are placed almost near the rear bumper. So we can expect good wheel-base
2. Large rear door that extends beyond the middle row seats, so we can expect easy ingress to the third row seats. The only grouse is that the second row seat belts are far behind the seats.
3. Rear-wiper would be available (at least in the top model)
4. Pull type door handles
5. Blackened B and C pillar
Old 6th January 2012, 16:44   #550
BHPian

I wonder what will be the head room, especially as a 7 seater. It's just about neck high to the model standing next to it.
Old 6th January 2012, 16:52   #551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keralite View Post

For a 7 seater, 88 PS would definitely be an underpowered car. but, how many times, we will move with 7 persons, is another question.
But where is the space for seating 7 people in there? I have serious doubts with that claim. At best it looks like it will accommodate a small child and nothing else. Plus with all the 3 seats up will there be any boot space left?
I feel this will serve best as a 5 seater. Also the 1.3 engine as rightly pointed out by you should be able to do some justification to the car then.

It looks like a mix between the Ritz and the Swift to me from the front with a slight hint of the Honda Jazz from the back . Nevertheless overall looks will surely offend no one.

Last edited by drmohitg : 6th January 2012 at 16:56.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 17:02   #552
BHPian

I would look at this as
1. A 5 Seater + Lots of Luggage OR
2. A 5 Seater + 2 Kids over a long distance OR
3. A 5 Seater + 2 Adults over short distances

Typically we buy cars larger than our need and this is a welcome move by Maruti to target users who do not "always" travel long distances in big groups.
Old 6th January 2012, 17:02   #553
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
But where is the space for seating 7 people in there? I have serious doubts with that claim. At best it looks like it will accommodate a small child and nothing else.
Seems there is enough (and just enough!) space for 7.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-2012autoexpomarutisuzukiertigaphotos7.jpg  

Old 6th January 2012, 17:08   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
But where is the space for seating 7 people in there? I have serious doubts with that claim. At best it looks like it will accommodate a small child and nothing else. Plus with all the 3 seats up will there be any boot space left?
I feel this will serve best as a 5 seater. Also the 1.3 engine as rightly pointed out by you should be able to do some justification to the car then.

It looks like a mix between the Ritz and the Swift to me from the front with a slight hint of the Honda Jazz from the back . Nevertheless overall looks will surely offend no one.
It has got sufficient space on the 3rd row for two passengers and I could see from the pictures posted here that we have also some space left for luggage. If specifications released are correct, I suppose it is lengthier like innova.

The issue would be Power-to-Weight ratio!

Last edited by Keralite : 6th January 2012 at 17:11.
Old 6th January 2012, 17:19   #555
BHPian

Nobody knows the Indian market better than Maruti.They are always ahead of everybody when it comes to coming out with right products for the aam janta . Now Ertiga is a compact MUV and the design to a larger extent is compromised over practiacality but despite this it looks really well proportioned mature and dare i say handsome. It is the perfect synergy of a car directed for small families and larger ones , between a city car and a highway car. Its about the right size , has the right engines , great fuel efficiency, Maruti reliabitliy and service network. This is one car which will be lapped up by both people for personal use and taxi-wallahs. Maruti is always criticized for rehashing old generation products from abroad with a embellishments and selling them here as all new but with Ertiga they have taken that bold step like they did with Swift and i am sure this will be the car of the year of 2012 .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks