Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 09:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Lovely scoop. This changes things. Possibly the definitive family vehicle is now upon us.

Mods - can we ensure scoop images are watermarked by default? I can see it stolen & reproduced elsewhere already :(
Old 1st June 2011, 09:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Lovely scoop. This changes things. Possibly the definitive family vehicle is now upon us.

Mods - can we ensure scoop images are watermarked by default? I can see it stolen & reproduced elsewhere already :(
i agree, i should have watermarked it before posting. its too late now.

most magazines and online website is gonna have field day posting this scoop.

coming to the car, it sure looks like landy. but somehow the size is deceptive. it looks a bit smaller compared to landy. The place sure looks like a import/export hub ready to shipped somewhere (japan?). wish i could have the specs. chances are it has the 1.3L diesel found in other maruti products.

Thank you all for appreciation. I have passed it on to my friend.
Old 1st June 2011, 10:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

It is not the Landy, the size itself is a giveaway. Also Suzuki does not make the Landy, its a rebadged Nissan. It will be too expensive for them to buy them of Nissan for local assembly that too with a 2 litre petrol engine.

This is a lot more compact. I just have this conviction that this is the production version of Rlll concept

shortbread is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 10:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nice Scoop ! The interiors seemed to be based on the New Swift ( with additional beige). Lets see how Maruti prices this one .
Old 1st June 2011, 10:41   #20
BHPian

Nice Scoop Chevelle.

Good to see Maruti entering the segment of MPV big time. After Eeco this will be again a success as it is coming from Maruti stable and IT has DIESEL.

Wow..that too ZDI so they are not targeting to Taxi class.

Now it all depends on the pricing of the MPV. If they can put prices in range of Xylo, Innova then this will surely be a success.
Old 1st June 2011, 10:51   #21
BHPian

I didn't get it. Gone though all posts, some indicate it could be exported whereas others assume it to be made of India. Is Maruti really planning for a lunch, are we going to get it soon or its not yet clear to anyone?
Old 1st June 2011, 10:56   #22
BHPian

I think if this gets launched this will be one segment above Eco and Venture. I guess direct competition to Xylo?
Looks a bit smaller than Xylo and Innova but bigger and premium than Eco
Old 1st June 2011, 10:57   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
Im pretty sure it is this car. the front quarter glass looks very similar.

The interiors are very modern and based on the new swift. I expect it to come with SX4's diesel engine and be priced similarly to it as well. It could actually give decent competition to Xylo and be a good option for a first MPV.
I doubt its the same - the shape of rear view mirror is different. The mirror in above pic is rectangular [box] and the one below looks more like the Swift's RVM.

But altogether it looks nice. Yeah, the interiors are hugely inspired / shared with the Gen 2 swift.

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st June 2011 at 16:39. Reason: Please DO NOT quoting large text, videos and pictures as it inconveniences our mobile users. Thanks!
Old 1st June 2011, 11:10   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Thank you all for appreciation. I have passed it on to my friend.
Thanks a lot for sharing it with us, chevelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I doubt its the same - the shape of rear view mirror is different. The mirror in above pic is rectangular [box] and the one below looks more like the Swift's RVM.

But altogether it looks nice. Yeah, the interiors are hugely inspired / shared with the Gen 2 swift.
+1 to that, the ORVM seems to be surely from the new Swift

http://cdn.images.autocar.co.uk/612x...01600x1060.jpg

My guess is that with the new Dzire expected to be <4 m in length, this probably would fit in between the new Dzire and SX4. MSIL probably figures no point in making a Dzire CS and Dzire.

With the new Swift interiors in it and based on the Swift/SX4 platform it would definitely be quite modern

My 2 cents.
Old 1st June 2011, 11:20   #25
BHPian

Isnt the seating height low for a MPV?
Old 1st June 2011, 11:26   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Great scoop!
Here is another link to this.

Auto market in India might get to see the all new Maruti Suzuki R3

Cheers!
Old 1st June 2011, 11:27   #27
MCR
BHPian

I want this car. If the pricing is similar to Xylo, the middle row is comfortable for 2 adults combined with a good ride quality, comes with safety features like ABS and Airbags and if the waiting period is less than 1 month.
However looking at the pictures, the trim here is a Zdi and comes with steering mounted controls. So in all possibilities, this may be the top end variant costing around 9.0 Lacs ex-showroom.

Move over Xylo and Watch out Innova!
Old 1st June 2011, 11:35   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice Scoop!! The interiors suggest this will not be a Venture competitor, it will be much more expensive. Hope they get a Diesel under the hood if they are eyeing the Innova's sales pie.
Old 1st June 2011, 11:37   #29
BHPian

Great Scoop !!
It looks like the production version of the Suzuki R3 concept based on the Sx4 platform. Also the roof height seems to be pretty low compared to APV and Landy, it is a nice move by MSIL to attract more private vehicle owners into the MPV market.
Old 1st June 2011, 11:48   #30
Senior - BHPian

Thanks chevelle... this is a wonderful scoop.
The car looks good for a family mover & guess it can solve my anxiety & indecisiveness for the purchase of a good (reliable) family mover. Hope they actually launch the vehicle in India soon & price it well, i.e. similar to SX4 Diesel.

Edit: Do you more images of the car, especially the 3rd row & more details of possible?

Last edited by CARDEEP : 1st June 2011 at 11:54.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed