Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 11:58   #31
BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Nice Scoop!! The interiors suggest this will not be a Venture competitor, it will be much more expensive. Hope they get a Diesel under the hood if they are eyeing the Innova's sales pie.
Anshuman, the OP picture shows ZDI badge. Isn't that indicate they already have Diesel under the hood?
iSpoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 12:08   #32
BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
Im pretty sure it is this car. the front quarter glass looks very similar.
Interiors are good . with the right engine and the right pricing. maruti has got another winner in its hands. Being a maruti we can expect clever packaging and utilization of space as well as a light body. Add to that the reliability and the availability of service. WINNER!

The landy shown above has a vertical christmas tree tail lamps. the one in the spy pictures is different.

All said fingers crossed to see the maruti salvo at the utility diesel segment.
75 hp or the 90 hp will be both good.
Dear Fiat .See how Maruti is using your brilliant engines and creating new markets/sales for themselves
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 12:09   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Nice Scoop!! The interiors suggest this will not be a Venture competitor, it will be much more expensive. Hope they get a Diesel under the hood if they are eyeing the Innova's sales pie.
They will have a diesel as seen on the badge. All manufacturers will have to have an equally available diesel alternative to every car or meet the same fate as Honda. I am guessing 9-10L on road will be the price for this one.
Old 1st June 2011, 12:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Finally a diesel MUV from MUL. Versa/Eeco failed because of absence of a diesel mill and MUL seems to have learnt its lesson well. The side three quarters view looks similar to Xylo ( 4th pic on page 1 ). This is really going to shake up the MUV market. I can hardly wait to see this one on our roads. Most sedan/hatch buyers shy away from buying Xylo/Innova whom they consider too big (they ARE). But this one looks compact enough to pull some hatch/sedan buyers.
Old 1st June 2011, 12:36   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Versa/Eeco failed because of absence of a diesel mill and MUL seems to have learnt its lesson well.
Guess Eeco can't be declared as a failure going by the published sales figures!

Cheers!
Old 1st June 2011, 12:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

This is a fantastic scoop. Thanks.

This can be a game changer in the market if priced right.

If they price it somewhere in the vicinity of Grande and Xylo, this should eat both these vehicles, because everything else aside, this is a Maruti!

If they price it nearer to the Aria, then this would quickly go the Versa / Eeco way.

Hope Maruti gets this right.
Old 1st June 2011, 13:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
Im pretty sure it is this car. the front quarter glass looks very similar.

The interiors are very modern and based on the new swift. I expect it to come with SX4's diesel engine and be priced similarly to it as well. It could actually give decent competition to Xylo and be a good option for a first MPV.
They do look very similar, especially the shape of the bottom of the quarterglass (sill).

Since this is the VDi with ABS, and it says Maruti Suzuki, and the seats are all covered up with plastic, it is the diesel top-end model, made for India version, and I get the impression it is very close to launch.

If they price it approximately 50k lower than the Xylo, variant for variant, this will be an astonishingly good seller. Seeing that the Xylo seems to have a bit more space and a bigger torquier engine (assuming that the Maruti has the 90Bhp 1.3L Fiat engine in the SX4 tune), I don't think a premium over the Xylo is warranted.

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st June 2011 at 16:40. Reason: Please DO NOT quoting large text, videos and pictures as it inconveniences our mobile users. Thanks!
Old 1st June 2011, 14:14   #38
Senior - BHPian

Wow !!, This surely looks neat compared to the Eeco. And given the diesel option, the dealers would already have a few months waiting list marked on the white-boards in their showroom, along side the other LDi/VDi/ZDis.

Any indication of what the ball-park price would be ? I am interested.
Old 1st June 2011, 14:19   #39
BHPian

Excellent scoop Chevelle!
IMO, This car really looks good & well build as from the visible areas in the pics.
Excellent work by Maruti Suzuki this time.
They've really reached to the next level after the Ritz interms of build quality & hope even better this time.
This car will probably feature 1.3l DDiS diesel engine, probably a 90HP one from SX4 D.

Its well-finished Interiors, Exteriors with Tight Shut lines & India-specific changes hints towards its not so far launch here & who knows we might see this car early next year on our Indian roads.
Old 1st June 2011, 14:38   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Versa/Eeco failed because of absence of a diesel mill
When was the last time you visited Maruti showroom? Eeco is enjoying the success from the day it launched. People are waiting for at least 2-3 months to get the car. Every month they are selling more than 5-6 K Eeco's. Still you say it as a failure? They what you will call for others like Jazz, Fabia, U-Va etc cars? Out of production cars still selling from inventory?
Old 1st June 2011, 14:45   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
When was the last time you visited Maruti showroom? Eeco is enjoying the success from the day it launched. People are waiting for at least 2-3 months to get the car. Every month they are selling more than 5-6 K Eeco's. Still you say it as a failure? They what you will call for others like Jazz, Fabia, U-Va etc cars? Out of production cars still selling from inventory?
Ok, I am sorry. I take back what I said about Eeco. Didn't check sales figures. Now happy?
Old 1st June 2011, 15:07   #42
BHPian

Good that Maruti is providing a ZDi variant
This MPV can be a great success if priced correctly. If it also comes with a petrol engine then there should be 6 variants to choose from.
This seems to be a bit smaller than Innova and Xylo so maybe it will be priced around 7lacs for the mid-variant I guess.
The dashboard is inspired by the new swift but in a different colour combination. I guess maruti will offer 2 dashboard colour options in the new swift then i.e. full black and beige.
I think maruti will launch this in the festival season. Hope they provide the ZDi variant in the new swift as well.

Last edited by StrangeWizard : 1st June 2011 at 15:10.
Old 1st June 2011, 15:37   #43
Team-BHP Support

Good catch!
Could this be a Innova rival? Atleast the interior pic suggest that way. A 7-seater based on R3 concept should be a good one
Old 1st June 2011, 16:02   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
They do look very similar, especially the shape of the bottom of the quarterglass (sill).

Since this is the VDi with ABS, and it says Maruti Suzuki, and the seats are all covered up with plastic, it is the diesel top-end model, made for India version, and I get the impression it is very close to launch.

If they price it approximately 50k lower than the Xylo, variant for variant, this will be an astonishingly good seller. Seeing that the Xylo seems to have a bit more space and a bigger torquier engine (assuming that the Maruti has the 90Bhp 1.3L Fiat engine in the SX4 tune), I don't think a premium over the Xylo is warranted.

No matter what you guys say, the scoop pictures show the R/// and not the Landy.

Simple reasoning - In the Landy, the front quarter glass is not a part of the door. It is a stationary part attached to the A-Pillar. However, in the R///, the quarter glass is a part of the door.

The Innova is like the Landy - quarter glass is stationary.

Name:  toyotainnova.png
Views: 10277
Size:  122.1 KB

Spark is like R///

Name:  chevroletspark.jpg
Views: 6968
Size:  19.7 KB

Last edited by designersf : 1st June 2011 at 16:07.
designersf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 16:03   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Good catch!
Could this be a Innova rival? Atleast the interior pic suggest that way. A 7-seater based on R3 concept should be a good one
Is the car in the snap a 7 seater or 5 seater?
Asking bcos would be 1.3L DDIS be able to comfortably lug around with a load of 7 folks and A/C and other things?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks