Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2011, 20:36   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Nice car, but take a look at the picture below, Will there be boot space for at least 2 shopping bags in there? Forget a highway companion for weekend family trips!
Nope I guess the third row will be at the expense of the boot. It would be either a third row or a large boot. It is sub 4 metre after all. Will have its own drawbacks.
Old 2nd June 2011, 21:04   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
Correct me if I am wrong here. Didn't Maruti and Volkswagen tie-up for joint projects recently. If so why not a diesel engine from VW?
From what I read in paper, The tie up was primarily because VW wanted a small car to be developed by Maruti to increase their sales and market share.
Not sure there was an agreement on sharing the engines.

Cmon guys, I dont think its even going to be placed near Eeco !! Which diesel car from Maruti has steering controls in India below SX4 ?? Heck even the 6L Swift doesnt have it - So why are we expecting this car to be priced close to Eeco with such features ?

Also the cars like Swift / Ritz etc are less than 4m in length and how many of us still feel its spacious in the rear? And on this platform we expect 1 more row of seat ? How comfortable is it going to be ? As someone mentioned, from the pic, there is hardly any space for luggage. So how many people would buy such a car for even a overnight trip with "some baggages" at least ? And Indians are generally known to carry their home in their cars.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd June 2011 at 21:08.
Old 2nd June 2011, 21:12   #108
Senior - BHPian

The dashboard of the R3 resembles that of the 2011 swift, look carefully...
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:08   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
From what I read in paper, The tie up was primarily because VW wanted a small car to be developed by Maruti to increase their sales and market share.
Not sure there was an agreement on sharing the engines.

Cmon guys, I dont think its even going to be placed near Eeco !! Which diesel car from Maruti has steering controls in India below SX4 ?? Heck even the 6L Swift doesnt have it - So why are we expecting this car to be priced close to Eeco with such features ?

Also the cars like Swift / Ritz etc are less than 4m in length and how many of us still feel its spacious in the rear? And on this platform we expect 1 more row of seat ? How comfortable is it going to be ? As someone mentioned, from the pic, there is hardly any space for luggage. So how many people would buy such a car for even a overnight trip with "some baggages" at least ? And Indians are generally known to carry their home in their cars.
Most of the individually owned 7 seaters are typically used 95% as a 5 seater (or less) and very occasionally as a 7 seater. If this is meant to address that space, we might have a cracker on our hands!
Offcourse, its a major compromise but there will be takers.. They will learn to adjust the 5% of the time. The last row seats should be completely removable (like Yeti) and not just 60/40 folding.
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:18   #110
BHPian

Would the width remain same as the Ritz, because it is based on the Ritz platform? Rear interior width of Ritz is 125cm (from ACI) which is a bit tight to fit three persons in the middle or rear seats. If it made wider it will be comfortable for 5 people with a lot of boot space or the last row used for kids.
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:25   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Most of the individually owned 7 seaters are typically used 95% as a 5 seater (or less) and very occasionally as a 7 seater. If this is meant to address that space, we might have a cracker on our hands!
Offcourse, its a major compromise but there will be takers.. They will learn to adjust the 5% of the time. The last row seats should be completely removable (like Yeti) and not just 60/40 folding.
Fully agree with you. How often do we get to load up a 7-seater? 3/4 times a year, may be. Why should we then lug around a space-occupying Xylo/Innova all year around? They cost more and they occupy more parking space. Also, somehow, they do not appear very owner-friendly, I mean even an owner driving a Xylo/Innova is mistaken for a driver.
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:57   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Nice car, but take a look at the picture below, Will there be boot space for at least 2 shopping bags in there? Forget a highway companion for weekend family trips!
Attachment 554173
If this is reportedly an extended version of the Ritz, why did MS engineers not design a similar rear end for the Ritz? As far as I know, a huge number of people simply can't digest the looks of the Ritz rear end and this could well account for the less than spectacular sales. The rear end of the MUV looks a thousand times better than the rear end of the Ritz.
Old 3rd June 2011, 00:16   #113
BHPian

This car can really do wonders for Maruti Suzuki & can really change the definition & its cult image of being a Small car manufacturer, which is partly changed by SX4 & Kizashi yet.
I liked its looks, bodylines, size & Road presence & might buy one for my family use One day.

Source : www.autocarindia.com

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-r3back.jpg
But what seems to be doubtful is the temporary number on its Registration Plate, which belongs to Ambala City(HR 99) of Haryana, as this city is at the Punjab-Haryana border & almost 250-300kms away from MSIL Gurgaon plant. Even their R&D centre is not nearby it.
Why this car is registered temporarily from that far-away city !
Something is tricky here, Can anyone find out the probable reason/logic behind this ??

Last edited by GTO : 4th June 2011 at 14:55. Reason: We INSIST that credit be provided for every piece of material you take from elsewhere. Entering the same
Old 3rd June 2011, 00:26   #114
Senior - BHPian

Considering that there are 2 adults sitting in last row of seats,there seems to be adequate space,so if those seats where removed boot space should be quite good.

Interiors look very well built,and very similiar to the new swift.With all the bells and whistles and a diesel engine,expect this one to be 6l+.
Old 3rd June 2011, 00:54   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
But what seems to be doubtful is the temporary number on its Registration Plate, which belongs to Ambala City(HR 99) of Haryana, as this city is at the Punjab-Haryana border & almost 250-300kms away from MSIL Gurgaon plant. Even their R&D centre is not nearby it.
Why this car is registered temporarily from that far-away city !
Something is tricky here, Can anyone find out the probable reason/logic behind this ??
HR 99 is the temporary number series for whole Haryana, not just Ambala.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 07:03   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Nope I guess the third row will be at the expense of the boot. It would be either a third row or a large boot. It is sub 4 metre after all. Will have its own drawbacks.
That’s right. With the 3rd row up, at the most a small suitcase or some shopping bags can be accommodated (from what I have seen in cars of similar size/configuration).

The only thing to note is not to use the 3rd row as permanent child seats (with or without child seat attachment), as the impact will be very high if a rear end collision happen.

Anyway, if this works (most probably will), it will open up a whole new segment within the MPV space
Old 3rd June 2011, 09:28   #117
BANNED

This van/car looks like the APV which is sold in indonesia ,but that looks boxy and this looks cool with curves...expect it to be a hit in India
Old 3rd June 2011, 09:33   #118
Senior - BHPian

To me this looks like a cross between a Wagon-R and the Eco! The exteriors sure could be more classy, unless its going to be sold at about 500K INR.

Nitin
Old 3rd June 2011, 10:17   #119
Senior - BHPian

Any info available on the launch? A buddy of mine seems stuck on this already
Old 3rd June 2011, 10:33   #120
BANNED

The C-pillar, third row glass design and even the second row door closing lines resembles Outlander! The tail lamps are the only badly designed area, IMO. Even the Alto has better designed taillights.

I don't expect a Petrol version of this car, but if one is there, the base version LXi should be priced around 5L ex-showroom (considering the Ritz LXi is priced at 4L). Also, Diesel base version should be priced around 5.8L ex-showroom.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-553734d1306962713scooppicsmarutisuzukisnew7seatermpvmaruti_02_new_0.jpg  

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-2008mitsubishioutlanderes11.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks