Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 10:46   #121
BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
No. Personally, the gap I see between Eeco and Xylo/Innova is not so much a matter of size or price as it is of engine choice, i.e. petrol versus diesel. Even without diesel engine Eeco sold more than 6,000 cars a month in May which is more than combined sales of Innova?Xylo. Imagine what it will do to Innova/Xylo if Eeco had a diesel engine.

Now many, like me, do not find Eeco attractive. So, if they lauch an Eeco-sized and nearly Eeco-priced MUV with a diesel, imagine what it can do to other MUVs.
Sagar,
While this is one way of looking at the market, there is no doubt that the customer segments of the Eeco and Xylo / Innova are vastly different. By putting a diesel engine in the Eeco, I dont see a Xylo / Innova buyer buying it.

Agree that the Eeco is selling more than the Xylo + Innova combination, but the positioning of these MPVs is very different.

This new Maruti MPV on the other hand would straddle the segments in price (because its based on the FWD Ritz platform and being a monocoque) and size (as is evident from the pictures). It will not be as wide as the Xylo / Innova due to the platform constraints.
Old 3rd June 2011, 10:46   #122
Team-BHP Support

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
The tail lamps are the only badly designed area, IMO. Even the Alto has better designed taillights.

I don't expect a Petrol version of this car, but if one is there, the base version LXi should be priced around 5L ex-showroom (considering the Ritz LXi is priced at 4L). Also, Diesel base version should be priced around 5.8L ex-showroom.
The tail lamps looks very close to the SX4 hatch/crossover.
And why not a petrol? Similar motors in Swift/SX4 can do the job.
Old 3rd June 2011, 10:49   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
This car can really do wonders for Maruti Suzuki & can really change the definition & its cult image of being a Small car manufacturer, which is partly changed by SX4 & Kizashi yet.
I liked its looks, bodylines, size & Road presence & might buy one for my family use One day.

But what seems to be doubtful is the temporary number on its Registration Plate, which belongs to Ambala City(HR 99) of Haryana, as this city is at the Punjab-Haryana border & almost 250-300kms away from MSIL Gurgaon plant. Even their R&D centre is not nearby it.
Why this car is registered temporarily from that far-away city !
Something is tricky here, Can anyone find out the probable reason/logic behind this ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
HR 99 is the temporary number series for whole Haryana, not just Ambala.
CRtorquefan, I agree with you on the first part, regarding the prospects of the vehicle. But on your comment regarding the Temporary Regn. No., I agree with .anshuman, as all over Haryana, if you buy a car the Temp. Regn. No. reads - HR 99.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 3rd June 2011 at 12:37. Reason: Pics moved to appropriate thread - Thanks.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 11:08   #124
Senior - BHPian

I wonder how will the suspension be tuned ?

Will it be soft like the Mahindra MPV (Xylo) or comparatively more taut / handling oriented (Innova) ?

Great scoop, was waiting for this for a while !
Old 3rd June 2011, 11:33   #125
Senior - BHPian

I simply cannot imagine the space in the third row seats in this car. Though we can see people sitting in the third row.
It cant be much better than a Jazz with additional row of seats. The Jazz, is the most spacious car under 4 m, the car which was appreciated so much for the tight packaging. But when viewed as a car with 2 rows of seating and a huge boot, it would be a hugely practical car.
Old 3rd June 2011, 12:20   #126
BHPian

Quote:
The C-pillar, third row glass design and even the second row door closing lines resembles Outlander! The tail lamps are the only badly designed area, IMO. Even the Alto has better designed taillights.

I don't expect a Petrol version of this car, but if one is there, the base version LXi should be priced around 5L ex-showroom (considering the Ritz LXi is priced at 4L). Also, Diesel base version should be priced around 5.8L ex-showroom.
Methinks the rear 3 quarter and the tailgate are Jazz inspired
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-4_honda_jazz_exterior.jpg  

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-5_honda_jazz_exterior.jpg  

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-img00017201105120336-1.jpg  

Last edited by indivic : 3rd June 2011 at 12:24.
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:49   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
I wonder how will the suspension be tuned ?

Will it be soft like the Mahindra MPV (Xylo) or comparatively more taut / handling oriented (Innova) ?
Both Innova and Xylo have a body-on-frame construction, while the new RIII is based on the modified Swift/Ritz platform and will be having a monocoque construction. It should be a better handler considering the fact that it will have a lower center of gravity compared to the other MUVs.
harishnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 15:21   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
Both Innova and Xylo have a body-on-frame construction, while the new RIII is based on the modified Swift/Ritz platform and will be having a monocoque construction. It should be a better handler considering the fact that it will have a lower center of gravity compared to the other MUVs.
Is there any posts quoting the use of Swift / Ritz platform for this car - not sure I missed it? From several websites I went thru, which mention this car is based on SX4 platform. It makes more sense for the people mover to be based on SX4 platform. I am still not able to visualize how a <4m car can accommodate 3 rows of seat ?
Old 3rd June 2011, 15:45   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Timing will be crucial. With mini-xylo and diesel price deregulation looming over it, sooner the better! From the pics, seems well put together, but I certainly hope they don't put the top end over 10 lakhs!
Old 3rd June 2011, 15:46   #130
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I simply cannot imagine the space in the third row seats in this car. Though we can see people sitting in the third row.
It cant be much better than a Jazz with additional row of seats. The Jazz, is the most spacious car under 4 m, the car which was appreciated so much for the tight packaging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I am still not able to visualize how a <4m car can accommodate 3 rows of seat ?

Jazz is 3900mm in length. This new car will be an additional 100mm long, which is not small when a car's interior space is considered.

This image of Jazz shows there is some serious amount of space at the boot end for another row of seats. Think of the extra space when an additional 100mm comes!

Also, this new car's second row leg space won't be as spacious as Jazz. Coupled with the extra height compared to Jazz, there will be enough space for the third row, IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-images.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 3rd June 2011 at 15:49.
Old 3rd June 2011, 15:51   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Is there any posts quoting the use of Swift / Ritz platform for this car - not sure I missed it? From several websites I went thru, which mention this car is based on SX4 platform. It makes more sense for the people mover to be based on SX4 platform. I am still not able to visualize how a <4m car can accommodate 3 rows of seat ?
Swift and Ritz are based on the same platform, Sx4 is based on the lengthened Swift platform. It is not possible for a vehicle to be based on the Sx4 platform and stay below the 4 Meter mark, that is why I mentioned that it could be a slightly modified Swift/Ritz platform which falls in between these two.

Actually, even I think that the vehicle is based on the Sx4 platform as an MUV under 4 M with a front end as long as the Ritz is going to be really cramped inside, but most people here and Autocar don't agree with that.

Last edited by harishnair : 3rd June 2011 at 15:52.
harishnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 15:56   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Jazz is 3900mm in length. This new car will be an additional 100mm long, which is not small when a car's interior space is considered.

This image of Jazz shows there is some serious amount of space at the boot end for another row of seats. Think of the extra space when an additional 100mm comes!
Precisely, also consider the 'compact' dash and you have some space saved upfront too! Though it could still be a squeeze for 3 people at the last row. Even in the spy pics you can notice only 2 people sitting at the last row.

But, anyways, lets not speculate. Hopefully it will be in the market in the next few months and all these doubts can be put to rest then!
Old 3rd June 2011, 16:03   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
But on your comment regarding the Temporary Regn. No., I agree with .anshuman, as all over Haryana, if you buy a car the Temp. Regn. No. reads - HR 99.
Actually in Punjab(state from where i belongs) is having different system of the same, here each district is given authority to issue the Temporary number series, so cars brought from Dealers from different cities feature different Registring authority numbers like;
PB 08 -Jalandhar city.
PB 10- Ludhiana.
PB 11- Patiala, etc.
But got I to know by our mods post that Haryana is having different registering system.

Observe carefully the pic below;
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-riegervolkswagenpolobackview500x333.jpg
Isn't its tail-lamps resemble somewhat to that of the VW Polo in its design & outline, though functional elements are somewhat superior in Polo.
Old 3rd June 2011, 17:22   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I simply cannot imagine the space in the third row seats in this car. But when viewed as a car with 2 rows of seating and a huge boot, it would be a hugely practical car.
....and therein lies the strength of this MPV. It can do a Jazz and be a comfortable 5 seater with a big boot or double up as a compact 7-seater city runabout.
MaserQ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 17:57   #135
Senior - BHPian

@ MaserQ,

+1, It achieves most things an Innova will without having to be as big, heavy and expensive while saving on running costs.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks