Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2011, 14:38   #211
BANNED

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
How does the 2.7 metre wheelbase compare to Xylo and Innova?
Seems meagre at the face of it!!
Xylo wheelbase is 2760mm, and Innova wheelbase is 2750mm. So, there is just a 5 to 6 cm difference between these two cars and RIII - not as much as you fear.

Quote:
Nevertheless, I cant imagine this product being launched at anything higher than 7L
I agree. It should be launched at the 5 - 7L ex-showroom price tag.

Quote:
looking at the pics.. Its a bigger Eeco - thats all..
Just a bigger Eeco? Then you have not seen Eeco at all! And this car has much premium associated to it, IMO.
Old 1st July 2011, 15:08   #212
Team-BHP Support

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I agree. It should be launched at the 5 - 7L ex-showroom price tag.
I think the car looks more than that. 7 to 9 lakhs will be reasonable, will also help Suzuki to waive off any threats to their cash cows - Swift / Swift Dzire.

Quote:
Just a bigger Eeco? Then you have not seen Eeco at all! And this car has much premium associated to it, IMO.
Yes, the only similarity maybe be the no. of seats in offer
Old 1st July 2011, 16:34   #213
Senior - BHPian

I dont think Maruti will go wrong with the pricing. They have already burnt their fingers with the A-star and the CBUs--Vitara and Kizashi. If its about 7-8 lakhs for the mid petrol variant and about 9-10 lakhs for the top end diesel, i think it would be very competitve. How many people need 7 seats all the time? My guess is just 20% the MUV buyers. You can drive it everyday without any hassle and when you need to seat 7, put the kids in the last row. 7 adults, the you need to look at the Innova.
On being compared to the xylo, I just have one thing to say. Xylo has not been able to break innova's dominance in spite of it being way cheaper. So price does not matter more than the car itself. Even the cabbies do not choose a xylo over an innova.
Old 1st July 2011, 21:05   #214
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I think the car looks more than that. 7 to 9 lakhs will be reasonable, will also help Suzuki to waive off any threats to their cash cows - Swift / Swift Dzire.
My expectation of 5-7L is for the Petrol model, and still believing that it will come under 4m length and with the 1.2L K-series engine.

If the car is of length more than 4m and comes with the new 1.4L K-series engine, they may need to price it at 6-8L for the Petrol model. Nothing above this price range (for Petrol model) will sell, IMO.

For Diesel, they have to price it at the 6 - 8 L range if under 4m, and 7-9L range if above 4m length, IMO (as we are sure it will come with the 1.3L DDiS engine only).
Old 1st July 2011, 22:50   #215
Senior - BHPian

Is the Kizashi on sale in India??!!
Old 2nd July 2011, 03:13   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Is the Kizashi on sale in India??!!
yes it is. approx. 18 lakhs - 20 lakhs on road.
Old 2nd July 2011, 08:55   #217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My expectation of 5-7L is for the Petrol model, and still believing that it will come under 4m length and with the 1.2L K-series engine.

If the car is of length more than 4m and comes with the new 1.4L K-series engine, they may need to price it at 6-8L for the Petrol model. Nothing above this price range (for Petrol model) will sell, IMO.

For Diesel, they have to price it at the 6 - 8 L range if under 4m, and 7-9L range if above 4m length, IMO (as we are sure it will come with the 1.3L DDiS engine only).
I am quite certain that they cannot package it below 4m. IMHO, to get usable 7-seats with a safe body shell, the car has to be at least 4.2 – 4.4 meters long. According to me, the pricing you mentioned for >4m looks more realistic. It’s quite an achievement even then
Old 3rd July 2011, 09:38   #218
BHPian

In a regional newspaper saw details as below:

Meant to compete with Innova.
7 seater SUV,
Length - 4.26 meters
95 bhp
1.4 ltr K series Petrol & 1.6 ltr FIAT diesel
Coming January 2012.
Old 3rd July 2011, 13:31   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartin View Post
In a regional newspaper saw details as below:

Meant to compete with Innova.
7 seater SUV,
Length - 4.26 meters
95 bhp
1.4 ltr K series Petrol & 1.6 ltr FIAT diesel
Coming January 2012.
Chances of 1.6L Diesel are pretty low. I guess Maruti just got hold of the license for it [after we started the discussion of this car]. And from the pics in the initial scoop at the beginning of the thread, the car has been already sent for testing [so the engine and all are already in place]. So I don't think it will come with the 1.6L diesel.

Also just a search about the 1.6JTD engine reveals the power to be rated at 105 bhp. We can still assume they mentioned the bhp for 1.4L, but then they have not provided the bhp spec for Diesel even after getting the CC details.

And I guess these papers would have got the scoop from other websites like ours and would have added a bit of "masala" to give an authentic feel to their news. Newspapers hardly carry such news with "proper" specs.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 3rd July 2011 at 13:36.
Old 3rd July 2011, 13:46   #220
BHPian

@swiftnfurious - You may be right. Also, I remember reading about engines from VW stable going to be used in Suzuki India vehicles. A 1.3l diesel may be underpowered and the taxi segment may reject it. The same newspaper said they have plans to introduce the same 1.6 ltr engine in SX4. It is a well respected newspaper though ("MalayalaManorama").

Last edited by AstonMartin : 3rd July 2011 at 13:47.
Old 3rd July 2011, 13:53   #221
Senior - BHPian

Mark my words, this car will be a big blockbuster. Refined, economical ritz based compact MPV with 2011 swift interiors, 1.4 petrol and 1.3 VGT DDiS engines. Should prove to be a cheaper alternative to the innova.
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:54   #222
BHPian

Quote:
@swiftnfurious - A 1.3l diesel may be underpowered and the taxi segment may reject it. The same newspaper said they have plans to introduce the same 1.6 ltr engine in SX4. It is a well respected newspaper though ("MalayalaManorama").
I dont think MSIL is trying to get a foothold in the MUV taxi market with this vehicle. Rather, they are trying to create a new segment here and the RIII is aimed at attracting private vehicle owners who want a 7 Seater vehicle which is luxurious enough and offers more car like dynamics when compared to an Innova/Xylo.
Old 3rd July 2011, 23:05   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Though there have been reports of MS sharing the VW engines, I don't think I have seen any concrete reports. Lets see some solid reports on what engine is being used in RIII and which car is going to come with the 1.6JTD.

Offtopic:

Quote:
It is a well respected newspaper though ("MalayalaManorama").
So I guess this piece of info is provided by "Fasttrack" guys! Though I subscribe for this magazine, I can guarantee they are crappy enough! I sometimes laugh so much reading their TD reports. Its so surptising they never find anything wrong with any of the cars they TD. All cars have only positive reviews.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 3rd July 2011 at 23:11.
Old 4th July 2011, 00:55   #224
BHPian

Last week the editor of AutocarIndia-Hormazd Sorabjee have already confirmed in the Autocar Show's Scoop section that this car will be 4.2+ metres long & will come with Brand New 1.4l k-series Petrol(it'll generate 100+ PS) & 1.3l, 90PS DDIS engine from SX4.
Expectedly its going to be unveiled at Auto Expo2012.

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 4th July 2011 at 00:56.
Old 4th July 2011, 07:04   #225
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

this is probably the R 3. from all accounts it will be a hit amongst urban small muv buyers. no doubt about it. with maruti's good quality, service and general reliability there is no other way but success for this vehicle. especially considering the silly versa/ eeco.
here's a plusher and more modern vehicle for the fast evolving urban consumer.
will be nice as a taxi too.
wish maruti would place as much care and attention to the hungry mini suv market too.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 4th July 2011 at 07:05.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks