Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2011, 10:25   #226
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

The RIII if and when it comes to India would as per me be poised to take on the shortbase Xylo in terms of price segmentation.

Currently the Echo is the cheapest option in this 7 seater mini muv segement followed by the Venture which is a bit more premium, the mini Xylo and RIII would both come in just above the Echo and Venture. The segment is actually big enough for all 4 of them to do well, as they address slightly different customer tastes at what looks to be differing price points.
Old 4th July 2011, 11:16   #227
Senior - BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Chances of 1.6L Diesel are pretty low. I guess Maruti just got hold of the license for it [after we started the discussion of this car]. And from the pics in the initial scoop at the beginning of the thread, the car has been already sent for testing [so the engine and all are already in place]. So I don't think it will come with the 1.6L diesel.
I have a feeling history will repeat again. Like before, I expect to see the 1.6MJD in a Maruti before Fiat India wakes up. And the new MPV along with the SX4 has the highest probability of getting the bigger capacity multijet. Somehow, the market has not warmed up to the 1.3 SX4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So I guess this piece of info is provided by "Fasttrack" guys! Though I subscribe for this magazine, I can guarantee they are crappy enough! I sometimes laugh so much reading their TD reports. Its so surptising they never find anything wrong with any of the cars they TD. All cars have only positive reviews.
Most regional magazines and newspapers take cars from the local dealers for testdrive, photographs & review. Now, the deal is to bring out only the good and right things about a car in the respective article/ episode. After all, they will have to return to the same dealership for the review of the next new model or varient.
Old 4th July 2011, 11:20   #228
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The RIII if and when it comes to India would as per me be poised to take on the shortbase Xylo in terms of price segmentation.

Currently the Echo is the cheapest option in this 7 seater mini muv segement followed by the Venture which is a bit more premium, the mini Xylo and RIII would both come in just above the Echo and Venture. The segment is actually big enough for all 4 of them to do well, as they address slightly different customer tastes at what looks to be differing price points.
IMO, this car will not be in the Eeco / Venture segment. For me, the only common factor here is the no. of seats.

I feel this car will open up a new segment in India, and possibly will take out some numbers from the premium hatchbacks and entry-level C-segment sedans.
Old 5th July 2011, 13:54   #229
BHPian

Just saw this on Rediff.

The STUNNING Maruti RIII at Rs 700,000 - Rediff.com Business

it's expected to be priced at 7L.
Old 5th July 2011, 20:00   #230
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
IMO, this car will not be in the Eeco / Venture segment. For me, the only common factor here is the no. of seats.
Exactly my thoughts. Eeco and this RIII are way away in terms of luxury and styling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I feel this car will open up a new segment in India, and possibly will take out some numbers from the premium hatchbacks and entry-level C-segment sedans.
It may eat into premium hatchbacks and entry-level C-segment sedans' pie. But one thing for sure is RIII will definitely play spoil-sport for private-used Innovas, Sumos and Xylos.
Old 5th July 2011, 22:42   #231
BHPian

These test mules remind me of the Caravelle vans from VW.
I have always liked the Volkswagen Transporter T5 and Caravelle Vans. They are vans essentially but these mules look like the Caravelle in 2004time.

Caravelle is longer than the proposed length of the R-III but I guess other than weight, performance and production cost considerations, anything above 4meters is the same. Correct me if I am wrong.

Now I am waiting for the Price tag to know how many segments are going to be affected.
Old 9th July 2011, 07:28   #232
BHPian

Yesterdays ET has a story on upcoming launches for 2011 and gives Oct/Nov timeframe for the R3 launch. Nothing mentioned on the pricing though.
Maruti, M&M, Toyota and Mercedes to brighten auto market this festive season - pictures - Pictures/Videos - News in Pictures | Economic Times
paragpatankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 23:37   #233
BHPian

I met a senior person from MUL today at a party. he said that MUV will come with 90bhp turbo ddis engine as an option and will be priced very aggressively. Though he refused to divulge the details on pricing. Launch around Q1 2012. Another scoop was that MUL is developing an SUv with 2.4l Diesel/petrol engine to compete in 10-14 lakh segment. the product development is 2/3 complete and is expected to be launched in 2013/14. Jimny is definitely not coming in.
Old 10th July 2011, 14:45   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
Another scoop was that MUL is developing an SUv with 2.4l Diesel/petrol engine to compete in 10-14 lakh segment. the product development is 2/3 complete and is expected to be launched in 2013/14. Jimny is definitely not coming in.
Why, Why!!!
It's indeed a very sad and disappointing news that the Jimny(rather it's 4 door version) is not coming.
On the other hand a scoop that a new SUV is being developed. Hope it's a proper SUV based on previous gen Grand Vitara platform and not the SX4/Kizashi modified platform.
Wonder from where the 2.4l diesel engine comes from???
Old 10th July 2011, 16:45   #235
BHPian

Maruti is really upto something. Delight your customer is a very important policy for them. The series of cars that are planned only shows how aggressive they are aiming to be. The new MUV will be positioned very competetively.
Old 15th July 2011, 17:00   #236
Senior - BHPian

The below link talks of a very aggressive, below Rs. 6 lakhs pricing for the base variant of the R3 MPV.

IMO, MUL could surely pull off this pricing and munch into a big share of the MUV pie :

Maruti rIII to heat up MPV price war | mydigitalfc.com
Old 15th July 2011, 17:06   #237
BHPian

This much awaited Maruti 7-seater is discussed everywhere. Some say it has DDIS engine. This was expected to be released by third quarter of 2011, but not sure when it would be. The vehicle looks good from rear.

It would have been better if Maruti would have come out a Gypsy with DDIS.
Old 15th July 2011, 21:28   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Auto News India - Maruti R3 to trigger a price war | CarDekho.com

"However, there hasn’t been any official announcement as when Maruti R3 will be released, but it is expected that Maruti R3 will hit the Indian roads by 2012. The new Maruti R3 is expected to be based on Maruti Ritz’s platform, which will run on 1.3 litre of diesel and 1.5 litre of petrol engine. Even the pricing details have not been finalized yet, but it will be within Rs. 6 Lakh"

On the other hand, Toyota knows that Maruti India is all geared to give a tough competition, so therefore, it might be possible that Toyota decided to give a makeover to Toyota Innova. The new and enhanced Toyota Innova is expected to hit the Indian roads in 2012.

Japanese car manufacturer, Nissan is also planning to launch a new MPV, known as Nissan NV200 in alliance with Ashok Leyland in the year of 2012. So therefore, one thing is for sure, that Maruti India’s MPV, Maruti R3 will surely sky rocket the price battle in this segment as it is rumored to be priced within Rs. 6 Lakh only.

Cheers!
Old 21st July 2011, 09:43   #239
BHPian

I caught this a couple of days ago at Kalindi kunj, Going from the G.Noida Expressway towards Delhi.

I could see the Beige colored New Swift Dashboard & had a rear spare wheel under the rear bumper like the Toyota Innova.

The Driver zoomed away from the traffic intersection as he saw me taking pics from my mobile
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-img_0162.jpg  

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-img_0163.jpg  

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-img_0164.jpg  

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-img_0165.jpg  

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-img_0166.jpg  

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-img_0167.jpg  

car_crazy1400 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 10:03   #240
BHPian

This is big man. Comparable to XYLO and INNOVA.
After seeing this photos, i must say now it is a big trouble for XYLO / SUMO / even INNOVA.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed