Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2011, 21:39   #316
BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Hahah they beat Skoda for the title of worst named cars of the year !!
Imagine a guy who owns a Lauretta and a Ertiga
Lauretta reminds me of Lamberetta for some reason and Errrr..tiga
Old 2nd September 2011, 22:25   #317
Senior - BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

More than the name, it's the price that is a bit worrisome, I was hoping for a price tag of Rs. 6 to 6.5 lakhs for the base variant, but it may not be so, after all, going by the Rs. 6.99 lakhs ex showroom price tag being discussed.

On second thoughts regarding the name, I had begun to think of this car as the "Ritz-3", or the "Ritz-Triple", considering that this is basically a Ritz that has stretched its legs a bit
Old 2nd September 2011, 22:42   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
... i am really sorry to see many of us actually posting comments on the name of car, i guess because its an MSIL car !!!
You've obviously not visited the Lauretta thread. When it comes to stupid names, T-BHPians do not discriminate.

On the contrary, I think MSIL has been pretty good at naming their cars- each one is catchy and has some significance: Esteem, Swift, Estilo (means "style" in Spanish approximately), Ritz etc. are nice names. Eeco doesn't mean anything but it suits the van much better than the erstwhile Versa did.
Old 2nd September 2011, 23:01   #319
BHPian

Spotted: Mini MUV in Delhi-caught road testing

Hello TBhpians,

I spotted this vehicle on the Akshardham road today around 13:30 HRS.
I couldn't figure out the brand or model..

Observations:

1. Looks like an elongated Swift: especially considering the front end.
2. 3 rows of seats. But no windows for the third row of seats.
3. Rear lamps look like those on the Honda Jazz.

If I recall something else as well, will definitely post it here.
But what car can this be?
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-img_0153.jpg  

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-img_0162.jpg  

Old 2nd September 2011, 23:07   #320
BHPian

Ok now I know the car!
And now I recognize the black tape thingy on the windows for the third row..!

Now I can sleep tonight
Old 3rd September 2011, 01:08   #321
Senior - BHPian

Ertiga is Maruti's new mini-MPV | Autocar India

Autocar India has got one more pic, this time a white colored example, the alloys look good, I dont think they're available on any Maruti so far.
Also not to mention the ZDI badge as well, this means like the Swift, Maruti will launch the MPV in both petrol and diesel models.

I still wish that Ertiga name is for export markets just like the A-star is sold as Celero or Celerio elsewhere.
Old 3rd September 2011, 03:24   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Front looks more like Swift and the rear resembling Innova. Quite difficult to judge as Suzuki product from the rear.

BTW how come to vehicle with white plates? I understand 'TC' stands for Temp registration. So the vehicle is homologated? Then what else maruti is testing after homologation?
Old 3rd September 2011, 06:28   #323
BHPian

"A corrugated roof has been used to increase strength, the rear windscreen wraps itself around the back for that ‘pillar-less’ look and the tiny tail-lamps seem to have been designed with cost rather than visibility in mind. This is a people-mover, and that means additional space, so Maruti has stretched the wheelbase to 2740mm, up by 380mm on the Ritz, and the roof is higher.

The stretched wheelbase and the additional third row seats have pushed the length of the Ertiga to 4265mm, well over the critical four-metre length. This has resulted in the Ertiga not qualifying for the lower excise duty benefit for small cars."

Thats the info from the autocar link and it does mean that it will have a longer wheel base at 2740 mm and length at 4265mm. That should stop people from speculating it to be under 4 meters.

This is one car that can take on the Innova and Toyota guys better watch out for this. If not the taxi operators, I can see a lot of people who buy innova to accommodate families do a switching for this. I hope there is enough flexibility for seating and luggage at the rear even though the last row appears as a tight fit.
Old 3rd September 2011, 08:52   #324
Senior - BHPian

The pic of the Ertiga on Autocar link gives you the real world impression of it's size. It will attract a lot of people who go in for SUVs and MUVs just to accommodate an extra person.
With DDiS engine, it will be even more fuel efficient than the SUVs and MUVs. It will be real game changer in this segment.
Old 3rd September 2011, 11:19   #325
Senior - BHPian

Whatever the Ertiga has to provide, according to me a corrected rear-end to the Ritz will do wonders to this great car.
Be it three rows or two rows. Its only the rear-end thats playing the spoil sport for Ritz all this while.

Frankly I love the car a lot. And I am happy that its getting a back-lift along with an additional row.
Old 3rd September 2011, 12:07   #326
BHPian

What were they thinking? a big thumbs down for that name.
But..I love this car. Looks good in that autocar pic. Its perfect in terms of size and practicality. Innova is just a tad too big for day to day city driving IMO.
Old 3rd September 2011, 12:41   #327
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

This should be an important addition to the Maruti line up in India. Time Suzuki gives the rightly deserved importance to the India market. After all they are recognized as a global manufacturer due the numbers in India.The slow down would be a good time for them to rework their portfolio by increasing the number of models they offer and reduce the variants. Maruti has too many variants and as they introduce more models they should cut the number of variants. From the Dealer/Marketing perspective the multiple variants is nightmare from the inventory management perspective.

India deserves newer and better models and not multiple variants of the older generation cars.

Cheers
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:43   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Its perfect in terms of size and practicality. Innova is just a tad too big for day to day city driving IMO.
I just hope that the 1.3DDiS can provide good driveability in city traffic and Maruti gives it not-too-hard clutch and smooth gearshift (like SX4)
Old 3rd September 2011, 18:06   #329
Senior - BHPian

My Maruti ASC, from where I picked up my Esteem today after servicing, mentioned December 2011 as the launch month for the MPV. Also, the new M800 is expected to hit the roads in the same month, according to him.
Old 3rd September 2011, 18:26   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
My Maruti ASC, from where I picked up my Esteem today after servicing, mentioned December 2011 as the launch month for the MPV. Also, the new M800 is expected to hit the roads in the same month, according to him.
Yes you are correct regarding the new M800. When I went to see the swift 2 weeks back, I casually enquired the sales advisor regarding the new cars, & he commented that a new smaller car can be launched around Diwali. IMO, he was referring to the M800, & it will be launched before December, i.e. sometime around Diwali.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks