Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2011, 11:47   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,

Looks like an extension of Ritz. Yes, 3rd row will be a squeeze and can be used to park the luggage.
Old 10th December 2011, 16:16   #452
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,

Somehow, the picture showing the side profile suggests that the car is over the 4m barrier. Or is it the photo being stretched, as a result of being clicked while on the move? Confusing. Sure, this is no threat to the Innova, but it could become the segment leader of the segment it creates.
Old 10th December 2011, 17:05   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Somehow, the picture showing the side profile suggests that the car is over the 4m barrier. Or is it the photo being stretched, as a result of being clicked while on the move?
It is! "The stretched wheelbase and the additional third row seats have pushed the length of the Ertiga to 4265mm, well over the critical four-metre length."
Source: Ertiga is Maruti's new mini-MPV - News - Autocar India
Quote:
Confusing. Sure, this is no threat to the Innova, but it could become the segment leader of the segment it creates.
It is going to be roaring success. It is very practical and is expected to offer bang for bucks on value front. Be ready for long waiting periods alike that of Swift. Unless Maruti totally messes up on pricing that is.
Old 11th December 2011, 13:52   #454
BHPian

Hi Guys
Saw ertiga today near ITPL ( hopefarm junction signal), Bangalore. Sorry, was not able to take in PICs, as the signal turned green and it went towards Hosekote. It was lengthier than my Jazz, we were stood side by side for couple of secs. It didnt have big tyres, expected of a 7 seater. Also, somebody mentioned the interiors are all beige. Not in the one which i saw. Overall, it didnt have that appeal, very dull :(.
Old 11th December 2011, 14:23   #455
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.janghel View Post
Hi Guys
Saw ertiga today near ITPL ( hopefarm junction signal), Bangalore.
No chance at all. Ertiga testing will be done around delhi and gurgaon, not in bangalore. The one car you spotted may be the new avanza or innova.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 11th December 2011 at 14:43.
Old 11th December 2011, 15:52   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
No chance at all. Ertiga testing will be done around delhi and gurgaon, not in bangalore. The one car you spotted may be the new avanza or innova.
Thats not correct, why do you say so. Just because the Maruti is near Delhi?
May be, i can also be wrong. But it was not innova for sure. Avanza !! I have just seen pics of it. So, its possible. But the car which i saw is very likely the ertiga. It was not covered ( as shown in earlier pics ) all around. Only bonnet and back side. Sadly, dont have a pic to support it.
Old 14th December 2011, 09:28   #457
Senior - BHPian

Ertiga at the wheel, to steer Maruti Suzuki’s MPV ride - Money - DNA

A Rs. 7 to 9 lakhs price tag is being hinted at in the above link for the Ertiga.

So will a petrol Ertiga be priced more than a Diesel Tavera, which starts at Rs. 6.4 lakhs ? Seems implausible
Old 14th December 2011, 10:57   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Ertiga at the wheel, to steer Maruti Suzuki’s MPV ride - Money - DNA

A Rs. 7 to 9 lakhs price tag is being hinted at in the above link for the Ertiga.

So will a petrol Ertiga be priced more than a Diesel Tavera, which starts at Rs. 6.4 lakhs ? Seems implausible
A diesel Tavera costs 6.6 Lakhs ex-showroom Delhi and this model does not come with heater/AC nor does it come with Power Steering. The rear suspension is still a leaf spring setup on the Tavera. To top it all off, the Tavera is officially only available in BSIII.

But I agree with the point you are trying to make. maruti needs to price this product better.
Old 14th December 2011, 12:34   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.janghel View Post
Thats not correct, why do you say so. Just because the Maruti is near Delhi?
May be, i can also be wrong. But it was not innova for sure. Avanza !! I have just seen pics of it. So, its possible. But the car which i saw is very likely the ertiga. It was not covered ( as shown in earlier pics ) all around. Only bonnet and back side. Sadly, dont have a pic to support it.
The ghost of Avanza keeps coming back! Actually it's not possible for Toyota to Launch Avanza with competitive prices in India. Why?

- Avanza plateform is not available in India.
- If they start working on getting Avanza thing in India, Product set up cost will be high.
- With high set up cost it is really diffcult to provide comeptitive pricing in the segment. Approx 6-7 Lakh or so.

P.S: I'm not denying that Toyota are not working on MPV. If at all any MPV is coming from Big T, it will be based on Etios Plateform. It is the only plateform which will lead them to develop eQonomy vehicle.

-----------------

Watched Interview of Mr. Bhargav on CNBC Awaz. He declared that Maruti will be displaying Ertiga in AutoExpo. He pronounced it as AARTEEGA. About launch he said "Ertiga may be launched at the almost same time" I think Price will be declared just after AutoExpo.

Last edited by zalaps : 14th December 2011 at 12:35.
Old 15th December 2011, 15:06   #460
BANNED

Source: Suzuki to export Ertiga from India | Latest Autos & Car News | OnCars.in

"The Ertiga may go on sale in Japan before India and will be made available across Europe in phases."
Old 19th December 2011, 12:39   #461
BANNED

Source: Maruti Ertiga MPV gets spied in Gurgaon revealing details!
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-marutiertigainterior.jpg  

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-marutiertigarearacvent.jpg  

SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-marutiertigarearthreequarters.jpg  

romeomidhun is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 13:09   #462
BHPian

Quote:

Looks like the top end model (atleast from the alloys) but surprised to see no ACC.
Also arent the central a/c vents and music system the same as the new swift?

But overall looks good and will surely open a new segment.
Old 19th December 2011, 18:55   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From the pics at appears that there is no Individual AC vents for the 3rd row.

Also the tail lamps looks VW Ventoish to me.

Interiors seem to be a mix and match from various cars.

Gear Lever frm Alto K10, Dash & Music system from Swift, Steering from swift, middle row AC vents from Versa,mirrors from RITZ, Alloys from "Z" version of Swift/Dzire. There seems to be no individuality or uniqueness about this MPV/Crossover. It looks like a mix and match from all cars of the maruti stable.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 19th December 2011 at 18:58.
Old 20th December 2011, 22:14   #464
BHPian

Quote:
I saw two more photographs in addition to these three in autocarindia forum. Autocar India Forum: Maruti Suzuki R-III named Ertiga

One of those photographs shows the third row seat. It is not very clear, but looks like there is very little leg space for third row.
mohan41 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 11:02   #465
Senior - BHPian

It surely looks like a more spacious version of the Ritz and is definitely not more than a 5 seater. So here is my question. Whats the USP?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks