Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2011, 11:35   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
It surely looks like a more spacious version of the Ritz and is definitely not more than a 5 seater. So here is my question. Whats the USP?
It is based on the Ritz and contains a 3rd row for seating. So in effect a 7 seater. That's the USP.

Though we will have to wait till the Auto Expo to see how much space is there for the passengers and luggage.
Old 21st December 2011, 11:43   #467
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,

Those fold away side facing seats suddenly are game changers?? But come to think of it, its brilliant. People will actually buy this car for just those 2 seats.......
Old 21st December 2011, 11:47   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Those fold away side facing seats suddenly are game changers?? But come to think of it, its brilliant. People will actually buy this car for just those 2 seats.......
AFAIK, those are not side facing seats, but forward facing ones. You can see the head restraints in one of the earlier pics. If the Ertiga is reasonably priced it will definitely create a new segment. And by reasonably priced I mean not more than 50k above the current Swift.
Old 21st December 2011, 12:21   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Like tsk1979 mentioned on the Duster thread, having 7 seats allows some benefits to the manufacturers

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2604759

Considering that apart from SX4, Maruti cars struggle to fit 3 healthy Indians in the backseat, one seat can be folded way and the fifth person can be accommodated there ( I hope).

Like all true Marutis, I hope the pricing remains sensible.
Old 21st December 2011, 12:39   #470
BHPian

Quote:
It surely looks like a more spacious version of the Ritz and is definitely not more than a 5 seater. So here is my question. Whats the USP?
I still feel that the last row can be useful for seating at least kids and that makes this better than a normal 5 seater car for larger family (4-5 adults and 1-2 kids).

They should provided a extendable headrest for the middle seat in 2nd row.

Last edited by mohan41 : 21st December 2011 at 12:40.
Old 21st December 2011, 13:00   #471
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
If the Ertiga is reasonably priced it will definitely create a new segment. And by reasonably priced I mean not more than 50k above the current Swift.
No way Ertiga can be priced just 50K above New Swift. Add 50K for extra tax for bigger cars, 50K for the bigger K-series engine, and another 50K for the extra size and metal, the base Petrol Ertiga may be priced around 5.8 - 6L ex-showroom.
Old 21st December 2011, 13:42   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
No way Ertiga can be priced just 50K above New Swift. Add 50K for extra tax for bigger cars, 50K for the bigger K-series engine, and another 50K for the extra size and metal, the base Petrol Ertiga may be priced around 5.8 - 6L ex-showroom.
I suppose that pricing is for the petrol variant - which will put it bang in the middle of the segment where Etios, Sunny (base model) and Manza and some of the hatchbacks in the market !

So if they equip it well (like ABS and AC vents for 2&3 rows on all variants), we can safely say Maruti will be able to sell out about 6 months of production at launch.
Old 21st December 2011, 14:07   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
So if they equip it well (like ABS and AC vents for 2&3 rows on all variants), we can safely say Maruti will be able to sell out about 6 months of production at launch.
True. The equipment matters cause this is not the Eee(k)co for the taxi market. If they really want people to consider this as a family vehicle of choice, it needs to be well equipped in terms of safety and desirability. No skipping of ACC or rear wiper etc. A top end version with all these options should be made available.
I think the only real pricing blunder MSIL did was how they priced the Kizashi. That was more an outcome of it not having localisation but still. Hopefully Ertiga is priced sensibly. Below the swift may not be possible but the range could start below the ZXI of the swift. But 6+ makes sense since it gives a good alternative to cars and the class of cheaper MUV kind of vehicles (eeco, ace variants).

Will it be under 4m? Sorry if this was already answered somewhere.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 14:43   #474
BHPian

Source: Maruti R3 spied without an inch of camouflage

Check out the new R3 without any camoflague. In case this is a re-post please delete.

The cars look neat to me, if this is priced right & sports the ever so efficient DDIS engine, it will be a good offering the market & can give a tough challenge to the likes of Xylo, not in the league of the Innova though, that car is a class apart. The white color does not suit the car as much, probably a dark or a more metallic shade will look good on it.

To me the rear also looks a bit like the Jazz because of the rounded tail lights, front like the Swift, the hatch section like the Ritz, the side looks like a mix of a Dzire & Innova, however, honestly the car does not look that tall. Should have better headlights in my opinion. Truly a melange of a lot of cars.

Front End - Swift Like
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-marutir3frontend.jpg

Side Shot - Swift & Innova Combo
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-marutir3rear.jpg

Rear Shot - Jazz & Ritz combo
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-marutir3side1.jpg
90BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 14:46   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Will it be under 4m? Sorry if this was already answered somewhere.
As per ACI it is supposed to be 4265 mm long, I wonder how they got that information though

If that is true, then it would be about the same length as the Logan/Verito, Etios and Fiesta Classic. I only hope they increased the interior width, considering they sell the Alto officially as a 5 seater.
indivic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 17:05   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
As per ACI it is supposed to be 4265 mm long, I wonder how they got that information though

If that is true, then it would be about the same length as the Logan/Verito, Etios and Fiesta Classic. I only hope they increased the interior width, considering they sell the Alto officially as a 5 seater.
The logan is pretty spacious at the rear! That would be nice but given that this is supposed to have 3rd row, not sure how the space/passenger translates to. Maybe this is the 7 seater on the same premises that alto is a 5 seater. The 3rd row is probably going to be strictly for kids.
Old 23rd December 2011, 11:26   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.janghel View Post
Hi Guys
Saw ertiga today near ITPL ( hopefarm junction signal), Bangalore. Sorry, was not able to take in PICs, as the signal turned green and it went towards Hosekote. It was lengthier than my Jazz, we were stood side by side for couple of secs. It didnt have big tyres, expected of a 7 seater. Also, somebody mentioned the interiors are all beige. Not in the one which i saw. Overall, it didnt have that appeal, very dull :(.
Quote:
No chance at all. Ertiga testing will be done around delhi and gurgaon, not in bangalore. The one car you spotted may be the new avanza or innova.
This could even be GM's upcoming MPV, since GM has an office (technical centre?) in ITPL, and many have spotted Chevrolet test cars around. Even I had spotted a Beat TCDi inside ITPL, long before it was launched.

(I have posted about the Sunshine here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...o-rival-4.html ).
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 11:45   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
This could even be GM's upcoming MPV, since GM has an office (technical centre?) in ITPL, and many have spotted Chevrolet test cars around. Even I had spotted a Beat TCDi inside ITPL, long before it was launched.

(I have posted about the Sunshine here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...o-rival-4.html ).
Hi Rohan
Indeed its Sunshine. Same vehicle which I saw. Same spotted kind of stuff, color. Thanks for clearing it!
Old 23rd December 2011, 14:05   #479
BANNED

Quote:
There I made a mistake by comparing Ertiga with Swift while guessing the prices. Actually, Ertiga has to be compared to Ritz rather than Swift for the following reasons:

1. Ritz is unmistakably an elongated Ritz - in chassis, and even in frontal looks (though Ritz is made in a modified Swift platform).
2. Swift is priced at a huge premium over Ritz (about 30K!) for its superior brand value. Ritz has a long way to go to achieve that brand image.
3. And Ertiga is also yet to achieve that brand value - may take several months.

So, the base Petrol Ertiga has to be priced at 5.5L and Diesel at 6.5L ex-showroom.

The only thing that may give Maruti the confidence to price it at a huge premium over the above range is the fact that there aren't any other car in the compact MPV category right now. And they already have mentioned that Ertiga is for those who upgrade from premium hatches, and want sedan-like comfort and features with a 7-seater option.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 23rd December 2011 at 14:14.
Old 23rd December 2011, 16:51   #480

Given that Ertiga is a 7 seater and assuming that the 3rd row is strictly for kids, does it make sense to compare it to the XUV in terms of space and functional use? Obviously, it cannot be compared to the XUV on technical specifications as these two cars are worlds apart. In my case, I need a 7 seater - for 3 kids, me and my wife and our two moms. All 7 occupants is once or twice a month and for holidays but at all other times, it is me who will be driving it to office. So, XUV or Ertiga?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks