Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:49   #61
BHPian

Re: May 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Guys, GYPSY doing over a 1000 numbers. Im drooling, but for the suspension. I'd replace by Baleno for a King today.

Any dope on if there is a modern version of Gypsy arriving anytime soon?
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:52   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Etios jumps out of this sheet. Eye watering numbers there.
Vento going strong too.
City doing ok I guess. I was expecting worse figures.
Now waiting for FIAT numbers.
Still, it is close to DZire, but catching upto Manza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Given Fiat's "consistent" performance in the last few months(~2K) and Honda's troubles, I have a feeling that Fiat (Linea+Punto) numbers could be better than Honda (City+Jazz) numbers in May too.
Good observation. Linea+Punto is indeed better than City+Jazz numbers.

Laura's numbers are astonishing considering the fact that everyone else got their figures low last month.

Really something wrong with Indica and Indigo numbers. Who is eating the pie?
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:00   #63
Senior - BHPian

Interesting figures. In general overall car sales seem to be in a downward trend month over month and I guess its not entirely unexpected. After being on a roll for a while there is bound to be some correction, plus increased petrol prices and higher lending rates are not helping either. To me the most interesting thing offlate has been the C segment sedan sales, things cudnt be more dynamic and goes onto show how quickly competitive scenario changes. If I had seen these figures 6 months ago, I would have thought they were reported wrong . And its not entirely about diesel, Etios is petrol only so far and I think its a matter of time before diesel variants gets introduced and it will becomes segment leader
  • Verna : 4357
  • Etios : 3412
  • SX4 : 2702
  • Vento : 2,403
  • City : 1828

Another thing that jumps out is the dwindling TATA numbers which is of concern to me. Increased petrol prices should have ideally helped them. Similarly figo is showing some slow down, i think Ford should consider doing some marketing and special variants to keep the momentum rolling before it slows down any further

Last but not the least, Maruti is the Numero Uno king, come what may Alto, Wagon R, Swift & Dzire show no sign of slowing down. Hail the King
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:03   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Team,

Aveo UVA : 134

Fiat

Linea : 845
Punto : 1298
Palio : 5
Beyond me why chevy is not replacing Aveo UVA. more over there is no rumoured news of a replacement as well .

Good to see FIAT doing consistent no,s . Although far from impressive but given their history IMO, their sincere efforts has done some good at least & if they come up with dedicated brand stores and A>S>S , they will surely improve .
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:05   #65

http://www.livemint.com/2011/05/3000...l-slu.html?h=B

This is an interesting article from the Mint newspaper published on 31st May 2011 which argues that the car sales numbers that we are all analysing are inflated as the dealers are sitting on large inventory.

The general slowdown in car sales can be attributed to higher interest rates and the slowing down of the government's expenditure (only 3% increase in Union Budget 2011-2012). In the earlier year, the government's pay hike could have also contributed to the growth in consumer durables (like automobiles). Indian economy is going through a general slowdown since February 2010 and the impact is now being seen in car sales.
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:05   #66
BHPian

Nano numbers going down! Looks like effect of their advertisement campaign is waning. TML wake up?
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:08   #67
BHPian

Will full emotional effect of petrol hikes still to sink in, June figures will be even worse for most petrol cars except maybe new launches.

Hoping to see some good offers from most car companies..
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:31   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Tata
Aria : 37
Hey GTO,

I know that when coming from your side there can be no mistake. But are you sure that this is not a typo? Shouldn't this be 370?

PS: Please check the above and let us know.

Thanks,

Furebo
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:33   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuldagap View Post
If we see the past monthly sales of Gypsy King for several months, there seems to be a boost in sales number. Anybody has any idea why is it so?
Should be a mass military order? As far as I know gypsies are made on a min lot of 100. So I guess Indian Army might have made a bulk order on gypsies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
To me the most interesting thing offlate has been the C segment sedan sales, things cudnt be more dynamic and goes onto show how quickly competitive scenario changes.
Etios cannot be counted as a C segment sedan. It neither has the features of C segment nor is it priced on par. But as you said, the numbers are pretty good. The petrol numbers are on par with Dzire. And I guess Toyota had a restricted production also last month which is scaled to 100% now. It will be fun to watch Etios flying and with the introduction of Diesel, God, where is it going to land !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
http://www.livemint.com/2011/05/3000...l-slu.html?h=B

This is an interesting article from the Mint newspaper published on 31st May 2011 which argues that the car sales numbers that we are all analysing are inflated as the dealers are sitting on large inventory.
I guess this question arose some time back and was answered by GTO. The numbers that GTO gets / publishes are company dispatches and NOT dealer inventories. How can the inventories be so huge? I understand that April figures are usually huge because more sales happen in Mar every year.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd June 2011 at 11:39.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:33   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
"There's something about Swift" - leading the pack even when the new version is just out there.
I think thats more to do with Maruti dumping more Swifts on its dealers this month. Result : bucket loads of unsold Swifts lying in stockyards. And almost ready availability of all variants.
Expecting the numbers to plummet for June.
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:35   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

I would love to see the Hyundai Verna numbers after a couple of months (read as honeymoon period being over). I would guess the numbers would settle around 2.8-3K numbers a month. The car is definitely good enough for 3K per month.

FIAT steady but surely not winning more numbers. Get the 1.6 MJD Linea quick and the new interiors for Punto.
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:41   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo
I think thats more to do with Maruti dumping more Swifts on its dealers this month. Result : bucket loads of unsold Swifts lying in stockyards. And almost ready availability of all variants.
Last I checked here for a friend, for Swift-D, it still is few months of waiting period. And even for petrol variant, my colleague is waiting for the past 3 weeks for a Vxi he booked. Atleast in Chennai, there is no ready availability of Swifts.
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:44   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Result : bucket loads of unsold Swifts lying in stockyards. And almost ready availability of all variants.
Are you sure about this? The unsold swifts are petrols? Again AFAIK the Swift Ds still have a waiting period anywhere from 3-6 months depending on locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
FIAT steady but surely not winning more numbers. Get the 1.6 MJD Linea quick and the new interiors for Punto.
+1. What I like about Fiat is the numbers being stable. It atleast doesnt slip from where it is. I think couple of refreshes could add some consistent numbers to this. Like the 1.6L Linea & refreshed Punto and so on.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:53   #74
BHPian

C+ segment not following any trend?
Cruze substantially down (from 939 to 659), Laura up (421 to 646), Altis down (probably due to tsunami).
ANHC (Petrol) will die a natural death it seems, with the onset of ANHV & VW Vento; until Honda brings in a diesel version, which will heat up the C segment.
Alto without any improvements (only K10) still going strong, is a case study in itself!
A bit surprised by SX4 sales figures, diesel variant was expected to sell like a hot cake, although some upgrades would have made wonders. Surprised that Dzire beats SX4 hands down, consistently.
Passat breathing down the neck of Superb, with Accord going ANHC way.
But overall, sales figures not at all promising, probably owing to a twin-spin effects of tsunami and fuel price hike.
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:11   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Last I checked here for a friend, for Swift-D, it still is few months of waiting period. And even for petrol variant, my colleague is waiting for the past 3 weeks for a Vxi he booked. Atleast in Chennai, there is no ready availability of Swifts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Are you sure about this? The unsold swifts are petrols? Again AFAIK the Swift Ds still have a waiting period anywhere from 3-6 months depending on locations.
Ohh is it ? I am helping my colleague buy a Swift, and almost all dealers in Pune have the ZXi readily available. Even a tbhpian got an LXi recently off the shelf.
My colleague booked one yesterday, he will be getting it in 3 days. Confirmed the VIN, and its a May 2011 car.
Ohh and yes, all our inquiries were about petrol Swifts only.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks