Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 23:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

K10 Wagon R CNG/Petrol Recall ?

We purchased factory fitted CNG wagon R in Setpember 2010. Since then the car has covered more than 12K kms.
Thread : Here.

On Saturday, 28-May-2011, dad had a call from Kiran Motors Vadodara ( the dealer from where we purchased the car ) that Maruti has instructed to replace some hose free of cost.

Now on Saturday, I was out to mom's native place. So the car could not be brought in. Next day i.e. Sunday, I could not resist so took the car to Kiran motors.

There the person told me that the intake hose has to be replaced, but I have to visit them after Wednesday as they are out of stock. He stated that this is one lesson that Maruti has learnt from the Surat flood.

The new hose is of L-shape and not just that straight so that in rains the water has minimum possibility of coming in. I said yes, but in my mind I was clear that the thing is something else. First of all the intake is located quite high in Wagon R, just where the grille meets the hood. Next, water will not be sucked into unless the car is in deep water, well almost the entire grille is submerged. This is more than that in my opinion.

I am not sure about : 1) Whether this recall is applicable to petrol only, petrol + CNG and Petrol + LPG K10 Wagon R or not. 2) Which part to be replaced is yet not seen by me.

I would request all to update any information they can gather. Today I inquired but the part was still not there with them.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 1st June 2011 at 23:14.
Old 7th June 2011, 15:09   #2
BHPian

Re: K10 Wagon R CNG/Petrol Recall ?

really?? my dealer prefers to sleep on any updates from the company. i sent a mail to maruti from their website and am waiting for their feedback. do keep us posted
Old 8th June 2011, 23:11   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
really?? my dealer prefers to sleep on any updates from the company. i sent a mail to maruti from their website and am waiting for their feedback. do keep us posted
update: service centre called up today. said my model was not on recall. will try to get details
Old 15th June 2011, 23:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
update: service centre called up today. said my model was not on recall. will try to get details
May be that our car is from the first batch. We made payment even before the RTO guys were ready to pass the car as the CNG filling nozzle was not all over the Gujarat State.

I am attaching the images of the new Intake part ( they called it hose ).
The difference is that in the earlier part that our car had, the intake part was straight taking air from the grille.

In this changed part, the air is not taken directly from grille, but from behind the grille/left headlamp.

Attaching the images.

Old part that was replaced:
K10 Wagon R CNG/Petrol Recall ?-photo0303.jpg

New part. Notice that its L shaped.
K10 Wagon R CNG/Petrol Recall ?-photo0302.jpg
Old 16th June 2011, 09:19   #5
BHPian

Hi, i have a k10 Wagon R too, October 2010 model. i got a call from showroom about a month back about the replacement Air Intake Hosepipe. they offered to come to my home/clinic and change the part as its a minor procedure. and i did not have to drive all the way to the showroom and they came to my clinic and changed it within 5 minutes.

the reason they mentioned was since the old pipe was straight, a lot of dust/mud would go into the head directly, and now they have put an angulated one to prevent that.
Old 16th June 2011, 09:26   #6
BHPian

yes, even i got a call from the showroom to replace the Intake Hosepipe of my K10 Wagon R (Petrol, october 2010). in fact they came to my clinic and installed it right there so i didnt have to drive all the way to the showroom.

the reason stated was that since the old one was straight, dust/mud would go directly into the head, and now the angulation prevents it. thats what the fitters said, dont really know the actual reason though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks