Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:23   #61
BHPian

Scoop shots: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing in India

Hi,

I saw this Sedan in Chennai (near Velachery junction, opp: McD) today morning. In the peak hour bumper-to-bumper traffic, I could just click these 2 photos from behind. Sorry guys!! And when the signal turned green, this fellow got some clearance and moved forward in a zig-zag way - might be he noticed me clicking photos and I was not able to catch up with him.
I was really upset about it. So near yet so far.

Mods: I am not sure where to post this scoop photo and so creating a new thread. If there is any thread running on this car, please merge this post in that thread.

To give a bit of what I saw:
1. There were lines running on the sides of the car - from the front to the rear (above the red light) just like the lines in Fluidic.
2. The badge - though was taped - looked like a Toyota. Am not sure on that though.
3. The rear windshield was a replica of that in Skoda Superb.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-dsc01025.jpg  

Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-dsc01026.jpg  

Old 2nd June 2011, 12:26   #62
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop photos of a Sedan

Quite possibly the new Nissan Sunny
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:40   #63
BHPian

Re: Scoop photos of a Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Quite possibly the new Nissan Sunny
Oh yeah!! Very much possible. Coming to think of it, just down the road from where I clicked this photo is the Nissan showroom (Sheriff Nissan)
Old 2nd June 2011, 19:32   #64
BHPian

Scoop shots: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing in India

Was on my way to Besant Nagar today when I spotted this Nissan sedan being tested. It was completely masked. It was being followed my a White Micra with temp plates. Couldn't manage more pics as I was driving. The car was spotted in Chamiers Road.

The vehicle seemed pretty long and seems like its Verna/Fiesta/Vento/City category. Couldn't get a close look at the interiors. The design also was sort of good. Will be interesting to see what Nissan comes up with!

Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-nissanscoop1.jpg

Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-020620111343.jpg

Sorry for the poor pics guys. Will try to manage better pics next time.

MODS: I couldn't find a thread to post this. If a thread exists please merge.

Cheers,
Kaushik

EDIT: the grey thingy on the bumper on the vehicle is my other watermark guys.

Last edited by kaush666 : 2nd June 2011 at 19:34. Reason: needed to mention my watermark on the bumper
kaush666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 19:40   #65
BHPian

Re: SCOOP: Nissan's New Sedan

Looks to me like the next-gen Altima. This car competes in the Accord/Camry segment, but it has always been a tad smaller than the Camry in my personal opinion. However, it is one car that can stand up to a load of abuse. There were a few of the older ones as Dubai Taxis and now the current ones and I routinely see some which have crossed 5 lac kms and still going strong.
Old 2nd June 2011, 19:41   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Was on my way to Besant Nagar today when I spotted this Nissan sedan being tested. It was completely masked. It was being followed my a White Micra with temp plates. Couldn't manage more pics as I was driving. The car was spotted in Chamiers Road.

The vehicle seemed pretty long and seems like its Verna/Fiesta/Vento/City category. Couldn't get a close look at the interiors. The design also was sort of good. Will be interesting to see what Nissan comes up with!

Attachment 554172

Attachment 554171

Sorry for the poor pics guys. Will try to manage better pics next time.

MODS: I couldn't find a thread to post this. If a thread exists please merge.

Cheers,
Kaushik

EDIT: the grey thingy on the bumper on the vehicle is my other watermark guys.
Thanks Kaushik

The car shown matches the sketch given on Nissan India site.
Nissan Unveils Sketch Of Its ?new Global Sedan? | Nissan India
Old 2nd June 2011, 19:43   #67
BHPian

It does. The rear seemed to somewhat impress me even though it was masked. I wish I could've clicked some more pics. The car seems interesting from the outside. I got a glimpse of the beige interiors and they look somewhat roomy. With testing going on I presume the car would be launched in say 6 months max.
Old 2nd June 2011, 20:47   #68
Senior - BHPian

Guys thats the new Sunny/Micra Based Saloon. Theres another thread discussing this. Mods kindly merge the threads.
Old 2nd June 2011, 21:01   #69
BHPian

I second that, it's the new Sunny. It seems like a good looking car, sedans based on hatches tend to look disproportionate.
Old 2nd June 2011, 21:11   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Are we talking about the "Sunny" here? There is a thread already running on it here and I think its highly unlikely for a manufacture to test 2 cars at the same time frame.
Old 2nd June 2011, 21:14   #71
Senior - BHPian

The Nissan Sunny, so is finally making an appearance in India, which should have happened in the 80's itself through premier Automobiles Ltd and the harbinger of it was the Premier 118 NE, the engine technology for 118 transferred by Nissan as a freebee for the Sunny tie-up.
However luck did not favour PAL. Perhaps, Mr Dhabar Behram would be able to throw more light on the matter.
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:02   #72
BHPian

It's the definitely 'sunny' from the look of the rear light. being discussed here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ing-india.html

heck, it's the same registration number seen in the earlier thread - 281A
Old 27th June 2011, 20:15   #73
BHPian

re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Looks like out of all the Nissan sunny threads, this is the one alive and working as well. Anybody with any idea for the launch date of Nissan Sunny? I've read it before and also saw in some of the US video reviews that the sunny just like the Micra is really spacious compared to what it looks from the outside.
Old 28th June 2011, 11:26   #74
BHPian

re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Looks like out of all the Nissan sunny threads, this is the one alive and working as well. Anybody with any idea for the launch date of Nissan Sunny? I've read it before and also saw in some of the US video reviews that the sunny just like the Micra is really spacious compared to what it looks from the outside.

According to the OEM suppliers to Nissan, they have been asked to give bulk deliveries starting September, so expect a Sep End or Diwali launch.
Old 29th June 2011, 23:09   #75
BHPian

One of the other major problem they have is the wafer thin network. They have to expand at least to the tier 2 and cities if they are expecting volume. I have been looking at the micra diesel for wifey but the nearest A*S*S is 250 kms away !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks